Oh Heartbreaker, Lend Me Your Heart

Alleigh's Story

I thought back to what Emmaleigh didn't know, because she was too wrapped up in herself to ask. The downside of her being so stuck up was that no girl could even bring themselves to talk to her. So, when Alex moved into town, she simply assumed that it was his first time to live here.

Problem was, it wasn't. Alex had moved back into town.

Emmaleigh moved here two years ago, at the beginning of sophomore year. The year, it just so happened, that Alex had moved away. They never met. He had lived his entire life here; she had lived hers in various big cities. When he left, he left behind a reputation that would put dear Emmaleigh's to shame.

Every girl wanted him, and so did half the boys. It had been like that when he moved away, and it hadn't changed when he came back. But, unlike Emmaleigh, he was very good at hiding his rotten core with a very sweet exterior. He blindsided every girl that he victimized, because he was known as the sweetest boy. No girl in their right mind would believe that Alex was truly capable of what the girls who had been through it said he was. Their warnings and pleas fell on deaf ears; they were 'just jealous they were no longer with him.' No one ever listened - not even me.

Yes, I fell for Alex Michael Hartlett.

Four Years Ago

"Alleigh, hurry up! I wanna leave alreadyyy..."

I turned to smirk at my whining best friend, Emmy. Her green eyes sparkled with excitement, and her wide smile exposed every one of her bright white teeth. I laughed. "Emmy, calm doooown. What's five minutes? I wanna look amazing for Alex."

She squealed, jumping up and down and clapping her hands together. It sort of reminded me of an excited puppy, if... puppies could talk, anyway. Sometimes, I thought she was more excited about me and Alex together than I was. And that was a lot of excited to be. "Ooooh, Al, you two are sooo cute together!"

"And that boy knows what he's doing..." I muttered under my breath. It was supposed to just be heard by me, but that didn't stop Emmy from hearing it anyway. That girl had some amazing hearing.

"Alleigh Elisabethe FAULKER! Just what is that supposed to mean??" She scuttled closer to me, her eyes searching my face greedily for clues that I wasn't about to give her. I could practically see the gears turning in her brain. Suddenly, her eyes lit up. A gasp escaped her lips, and she pressed her hands to her mouth. "Have you two...?" She trailed off, a hint of jealousy in her widened eyes.

I wriggled my eyebrows suggestively at her. "Maybe..." I murmured secretly, with a slight grin. "And maybe he was amazing." I smirked.

She squealed, grabbing my hand and jumping up and down again. "Oh Al, you did, you did! When did this happen?? And why didn't you tell me!? You-,"

I laughed, cutting off her frantic, rushed words. "I just did tell you, dear." I patted her hand, still grasping mine, with my free one. "Come on, let's go."

"Fine." She huffed and pushed my hands away. "But later, you're telling me everything."

***

I hadn't seen Alex in over an hour! Last time I heard, he was going to get us drinks. But do drinks really take twenty minutes to go and get? Where on earth could he have gone?

Those thoughts traveled through my brain as I sat on a couch. I was at a party, with loud music pumping through the room. And my only entertainment at the moment was a couple; I sat watching a girl with long, blonde hair try to suck the face off the boy whose lap she was sitting in. It was kind of nasty, yet intriguing. I sprang up, wandering down the long, dimly lit hallway.

I really had to pee. Alex would have to just come find me.

The hallway was crowded with couples who were doing things that really oughtn't be seen by the public. It was disgusting, the least they could do was find a room in this huge house. It wasn't like it would be hard to do or anything. There were doors lining this hallway... I walked into the first one I got to, hoping it was a bathroom.

At first, the moans almost made me flee the room. But a voice stopped me. The pleasure thickened voice was very familiar, and it was saying a name that was not mine.

"Alex...?" My voice was hurt, no matter how hard I tried to hide it.

The boy looked up, over his shoulder. Recognition, fear, then finally, a calm blankness flashed quickly though his grey eyes. Suddenly, he seemed like he didn't even know me, and his words reflected his expression. "Who are you...?"

Those words hurt me. Bad. They made me want to cry. Scream. To go over to that pretty little redhead he had with him and yank her hair out. And her smug expression was not turning that impulse in her favor. I wanted to claw Alex's eyes out. But I held my composure. "Uh, try Alleigh. Your girlfriend. Who is she?"

His gaze turned cold, and an equally cold laugh escaped his lips. "I don't see how who this pretty little lady-," To my disgust, she pulled his head down by his damp brown hair and tried to suck his face off, interrupting him. He broke away with a sort of seductive growl. "...is, considering I have no clue who you are. But when I'm finished with her, you can have your turn. You must be mistaken, though. I have no girlfriend."

And I left the room.

**

I am going to cry.

No, I'm not. I refuse to cry. It won't happen. I will never cry over a boy, especially a stupid, unfaithful, mocking manwhore like Alex. No boy is worth my tears, especially not him. Right?

...Oh, who am I trying to kid!? I feel like sobbing!

Maybe I can barge back in there and just demand that he admits who I am. Maybe I'll rip her hair out like I wanted to, claw his eyes out so he can never look at a pretty girl with those gorgeous eyes again. Maybe...

Yeah, maybe when pigs fly.

What did I do wrong?? I though we were perfect together... At least, that's what he made me think. I though he loved me! I thought...

After what I saw, I don't know what I think anymore...


**

I had thought I was rid of him for good when he moved away. He messed me up, bad. I stopped trying to be popular, to look nice. I had dropped from my spot at the top to a nobody. Sure, I still had my friends, but that was all. I never wanted to date anyone else. But, I was happy. Mostly.

WAS happy. Now... Our senior year, after I had almost forgotten him, he was back to ruin my life again. He was back in my life. And he remembered me. And he was going after my cousin?

I looked at Emmaleigh - she was smirking at me. Her eyes were sparkling curiously, almost greedily, as she thought of her new toy. I smirked back at her. She desperately needed her huge ego popped. Alex was the boy to do it. And maybe she would hurt Alex, too..."

"Of course I don't know anything. How could I? He's new here - right?"
♠ ♠ ♠
i wrote this during a test xD