A Stranger Trust

Fifth.

I had to get over this. Pacing my room at midnight was not the way to go. Paranoia. Worry. Obsession. And, I'm pretty sure that Sonny Moore now thinks I'm a complete freak. And all this for a dream? This is absolutely ridiculous. What was my problem, anyway?

Vampires weren’t even real.

Somehow, I had to find a fix for this. Lack of sleep was not doing me well. Even Talyn was worried, and he was as happy go lucky as anyone could get. Maybe if I just laid in bed it would be okay.

I walked over to my bed, still made up from this morning. It hadn’t been touched. I looked at the clock and cringed. Twelve thirty in the morning. Pulling back the covers, I climbed into my bed and snuggled into my pillow. I had to get some sleep. Maybe if I just... didn’t think... I.. could...

***

Talyn’s weight on my stomach came entirely too quickly. My eyes drifted to the alarm clock on the table by my bed, and looked at him in surprise. He actually waited until eight this morning?

He smiled at my expression. “Good Talyn?” His eyes were wide, filled with happiness, and his grin covered his entire face. I swear, he was just like a puppy. He rolled over to lay next to me, wriggling in excitement.

A laugh escaped my lips. “Yes, darling, good Talyn. Now shoo while I get dressed.” I stood up, and helped him get up.

“Oookay!” He grinned and bolted from my room, closing the door. I got ready, and followed him out to the kitchen. Surprisingly, Talyn was calm – having already taken his medicine – and Ava was chipper – well, as chipper as she got in the morning, having had her coffee – and Ella was... well, Ella. Was I late?

I looked at the clock, and my eyes widened. “Dude, you guys! We only have ten minutes to get to school!”

They all gasped, and we bolted to the car. We might have broken the speed limit on the way there. On my way to my class – alone, since no one else had the same first period as me – I heard footsteps rushing up behind me. I ignored them, figuring it was Talyn being stupid, and prepared myself to chide him for keeping me from getting to class when I felt a hand on my arm. I took a scolding breath as the hand spun me around

...And held my tongue when I saw Sonny’s mischievous face. “Ssh!” he urged. “Come on, let’s skip today!”

Was I dreaming!?! I followed him – quickly, I swear he was running at top speed – like a lost puppy, eager for a friend. Man, I was a freak. He led me to his car, and I stopped, weary. “Where... where are we going?”

He laughed. “Oh, come on, don’t you trust me?” His eyes pleaded, and I slipped into his passenger seat. He grinned. “Yess!”

Ten minutes later, we were at the park. Not surprisingly, it was abandoned. I was still confused, though. I turned to Sonny, as he led the way to the forest that lined the back of the park.

Trying to keep my eyes from raking up and down his body – with his tight shirt and skinny jeans, it was a real challenge – as he leaned against a tree with one foot propped against it, I decided to find out what was up. “Uhh, Sonny... Not that I mind or anything, but... Why are we here? Or, better yet, why me?”

“Simple.” He smiled innocently. “I wanted a pretty girl, and you were the first to come to mind. So you, my dear,” he said, grabbing my arm, and pulling me towards him, “should feel very special.” He brought his lips to my skin, trailing gentle kisses down my neck. I started to consider myself the luckiest girl in life. This was amazing...

His lips moved to meet my own, and he gifted me with a soft kiss. He caught my lip between his teeth, and softly grazed it through them. I smiled as his lips trailed small, soft kisses back down my face, across my jaw line and down to the hollow of my throat.

But then, I felt his teeth easily pierce my skin. A warm liquid trickled down my neck, and I wondered why it didn’t hurt more. My entire body tensed. I wanted to run, but I was frozen where I stood.

“Relax...” he whispered, with a chuckle. “You won’t feel a thing...”