Teenage Hearts

First Boy Kiss

Jake's pov....

Today's finally Friday, my peeps won't be home until next week and Zack is coming over. This is the chance that I could tell Zack how I feel and I'm so nervious, but I want this to be a perfect afternoon. It's finally after school, considering today was a great day, and I'm glad it was a big change. I'm also glad Zack and I became the best of friends, I finally have him.

I asked him once we were outside of school's grounds, "So you ready to go?" He nodded with a smile, and offered, "You don't mind me staying over, right?" Not at all, I replied, "Nope, my house is your house, and you can crash whenever you want." He smiled, which made me melt and we started our journey home. As we walked, my eyes couldn't help but check him out. The way his small fringe fell across his eyes, following with tha flowless body in those tight clothes, and the way he lets his skateboard rest upon his slender arms. I love everything about Zack, I keep hoping that deep inside he would feel the same way for me. Even though he's straight, it's gonna be really hard for me to express my true feelings, I just hope he doesn't run away and hate me forever.

We kept on walking until we reached my old suburban one story home. I quickly took out my house keys from my skinny jean pocket and unlocked the door once we reached it. Once it opened, I let him walk in first, the I followed, closing and locking the door behind me. He complimented, "Nice house, quite empty though." I smiled, I knew he was gonna say that, my dad always did. I requested, "But at least we got it to ourselves, make yourself at home." He smiled as he nodded, kicking his shoes off and sitting on the slightly new couch, my mom just got it last week. I kicked my shoes off as well and sat next to him, making myself comfortable, turning on the TV. Beavis and Butthead were on, so I settled on that. He remarked, "I love these guys, they're my heroes." I giggled, he was funny, and agreed, "they're mine's too, have you watched the marathon?" He replied, "Sure did, I never miss an episode, exept when I have to visit the hellhole." Wow we have so much in common, from the same taste in music, clothes, and people, to an old cartoon. I joked, "We're so much alike, like oh my feaking God." He laughed and admitted jokingly, "You can't get anymore feminine, I swear." If he only knew, I still haven't told him I was gay, poor guy may think I'm straight or bi. That's when I got the courage to tell him, "Um, Zack, can I tell you something?" He reassured, "Yeah, sure." I suggested, "Let's go to my room." He nodded and we headed towards my slightly messy room. I turned on the light, black and red walls coming into view, followed by all kinds of band and other interest posters. My bed covers were red and my carpet was black. My room had this goth scene going on, that's what I liked about it, it was my comfort zone. I took a seat on my bed as he sat by me, letting his eyes wonder around my unique room.

He ushered, "So what were you gonna tell me?" still his eyes wondering, a sort of smile quivered through my lips, grabbing his chin gently and said quietly, "But first you have to be looking at me." He smiled turning a light shade of pink, as he looked into my eyes. More butterflies were swiming around my body, but I managed to say, "Zack, look I'm sorry if I haven't told you before, but, um, I'm...gay. The reason I haven't told you is cuz I'm scared that you would turn your back on me." He sat there for a moment, just staring into my eyes, until he managed to say, "that's cool, dude, don't sweat it, it's okay." A wave of relief shoock through me and this led to something else, "Um I gotta tell you something else too, oh God how do I say it....um, I have feelings for you, a lot of feelings for you, ever since I met you. All this time I felt horrible cuz you were after Lily, and my chances looked a bit gray, that's why I felt like I wanted to give up, but nothing would let me. I like you so much Zack, please just promise me you'll stay friends with me." He looked a little shocked, please don't run away. He finally said, "Wow, that was a lot to take in," I lowered my head, slightly ashamed, until, I felt soft fingertips holding my chin up, until my worried eyes met his now calm one's and he reassured, "It's okay, really, Jake, you're really cool I gotta admit, but i'm so confused about you cuz...I feel like I'm liking you too." From this moment I feel like I'm at the top of the world, and just then, I got closer to him, as he did to me, we were centimiters apart and my lips met his'.