Status: Finished

Moving Is the Hardest Part

House Guest

The air port was huge. There were so many people around trying to get from one place to another. It was a bit overwhelming, but I couldn't do anything about it. I had an hour to wait until my flight would leave, Ms Bird was already late for work as is, so she left me alone. I couldn't really do anything, but wait, so I listened to my headset. I was so lost in the music that I failed to realize that someone had sat next to me. It wasn't until said person lifted up the right side of my headphone and asked, “What'ca listening to?” I jumped, nearly screamed too, but I was able to hold off on that. “Sorry didn't mean to scare you.” I was taken back by the closeness on the stranger and even more shocked to see how green said stranger's eyes were.

“Um...you're in my bubble,” I muttered and the stranger's lips turned up into a small smile before he leaned away from me. “Thanks,” I said and give him a once over. The stranger looked to be around my age, maybe a little older. He was slim and fit, I could tell that by the way his black Misfits shirt hugged his body, had the greenest eyes I ever saw, was a little on the dark side with his hair ink black and spiked up. Over all he was good looking, even the gauges in his ears had looked good on him.

“I'm Zack,” he had said as he held out his hand and I shook it.

“Sherry,” I had told him and he asked me again what I had been listening to. “Prince,” I answered and he laughed a little. “What?”

“Every girl listens to Prince.”

“He's pretty damn good.”

“What other music do you listen to?”

I didn't know where Zack came from, but I had enjoyed his company a lot. The hour long wait flew by and when the flight to California had been called I was surprised when Zack stood up with me. “You're going to Cali?” he had asked and I nodded my head.

“Huntington Beach.”

“Are you following me?” Zack asked and I laughed shaking my head.

“Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? After all you are the one who sat next to me,” I pointed out and Zack smiled. He offered to carry my bags and I had declined, though I did allow him to take my hand and lead me to the gate so that I wouldn't have gotten lost in the massive flow of bodies. As it turned out Zack and I were seated next to each other and we had a good laugh about that.

“Here,” Zack said and he handed me a piece of gum, I thanked him and popped the treat into my mouth. A few moments later the plane started to take off and I had closed my eyes. I had never been on a plane before I freaked out. Zack was a complete sweetheart, he took hold of my hand and let me squeeze the life out of his fingers, until we were safely in the air.

“Thanks,” I said and Zack smiled nodding his head. He had taken my Walkman and put in a new CD. We shared the headphones and I wasn't upset when Areosmith had started to play. Zack and I had had a lot of fun. We talked for most of the ride and it was then that I found out more about Zack. He wasn't this dark teenager that he seemed to be. He had four friends, they were in a band called Avenged Sevenfold, he had an older sister named Zina and a younger brother named Mattie, he was eighteen and was happy that he was in his senior year of high school. He told me about his hobbies, his friends, pretty much everything and in return for his honesty I told him why I had been on the plane.

“So you're just gonna stay with someone that you don't even know?” Zack had asked in disbelief and I nodded my head with a sigh.

“I trust my mom, if she trusts this person...or family then I do too,” I had told Zack and he shook his head.

“For all that you're better off staying with me!” I laughed at that, but Zack had been right. He was a total stranger, just like my mother's friend. “Any idea where you'll be staying?”

“No, but I'll be going to Huntington Beach High school...so I guess somewhere near by.” I looked over at Zack and raised my eyebrow, “Why are you smiling like that?” I had questioned.

“That's the school me and my friends go to. Looks like we'll be seeing a lot of each other huh?”

“Maybe,” I yawned and Zack chuckled.

“Get some sleep. We have four hours left in the air,” Zack told me and I didn't argue with him, I was beat. I had turned slightly to my right side and Zack pushed the arm rest up, pulling me into his side. I didn't complain, his chest was comfy and the rise and fall of his chest was soothing. I had falling asleep within minutes. It didn't seem like too much time had passed before Zack had woken me up. It was a sweet way to be woken up, he had ran his fingers through my hair and whispered soft words in my ear telling me to get up. When I eyes opened I had stared into his and smiled, “The plane landed,” Zack had told me and we both got up and off of the plane.

In the air port, Zack had introduced me to his parents, James and Maria. They were really nice and offered me a ride to where I was staying, when I had told them that I would be spending three days at a hotel they proceeded to drive to their home, ignoring my words as I told them I was okay at a hotel.

“You should just give up, they won't listen,” Zack had told me in the car with a smug smile on his face. I stuck my tongue out at him and sighed, “Don't worry we'll have fun together!” Zack said and he pulled me into an awkward side hug due to the seat belts pulling on the both of us.

“Whatever,” I grumbled and Zack kissed the top of me head before he let me go.

“We'll have the house to ourselves,” he had said in a sing song voice and I stared at him with wide eyes. Zack wiggled his eyebrows and smirked, “Parents will be gone a whole two weeks, Mattie is staying at his friend's house and Zina is away at college. It's just gonna be you and me, Sherry.”

“Great,” I muttered and Zack laughed. 'What did I get myself in to?' I had thought to myself as Maria started talking about the rules of the house while her and James were away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?