Status: Finished

Moving Is the Hardest Part

This is Goodbye 2/3

Star's Pov

Ms Brid pulls out of the drive way, “Don’t worry Sherry you’ll-" I scream as Ms Bird gets in the middle of the street and a truck comes full speed straight towards the car. Everyone started running to the car as they see the truck, but it is too late, the truck smashes into car. I can feel the pain of the impact and everything goes black…

Beep…

Beep…

Beep...

My eyes flutter open and I groan at the bright lights above me. Blinking my eyes I clear my vision and look around the room. “Mom?” I call out confused as to why I'm in a hospital. “Mom!?” I call out louder becoming scared. The door to the room opens and in walks a boy around my age with purple hair, he has his septum pierced and snake bite. He's really hot...who is he? I think to myself watching his every move. The unknown boy picks his head up and when our eyes meet his green jewels widen.

“Sherry! You’re up...” the boy states in surprise. “Hey guys she’s up!” he yells out into the hall. Confused I watch as a large group of people come running into the room and not a single one is my mom.

“Oh Sherry baby, I’m so glad you’re up!” some old guy cries and runs right at me; scared and confused I scream not wanting him anywhere near me.

“Sherry what’s wrong?!” A boy with a buzz cut asks. Ignoring the good looking boy I start to scream for help and the old guy tries to make me stop.

A man in a white lab coat comes running into the room, “What’s going on here?” he asks.

“They’re trying to kidnap me!” I yell. Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy, “Sherry baby-"

“Stop calling me that I don't know you!” I yell. “I don’t know any of you!” I cry in fear.

The guy who I know realize is a doctor pushes past everyone and stands beside me, “Ms Usher do you know where you are?”

“A hospital?”

“What state?”

“Pennsylvania.” The doctor looks around the room and I copy his action, taking in the faces of the people. The people in the room have looks of shock on their faces. “What’s going on? Who are these people? Where’s my mom? I want my mom!" I ramble out starting to scare myself as a million thoughts fill my head. Everyone looks down at the floor, “Where’s my mom?” I ask my voice cracking a bit. “How did I get here?” No one answers, “Answer me God dammit!” I yell making everyone jump.

“Sherry…” the boy with the buzz cut starts. He slowly walks over to me and stares right into my eyes. As I look into his eyes the warmth of safety washes over me with him in the room. He sits down next to the bed and takes my hand in his. His touch is calming and his eyes…I feel like I've seen them before. He has really pretty eyes...why am I not scared of him? I think to myself. “Sherry…you were in a car accident…a drunk driver slammed into the car you were in…” his eyes fill with tears and so do my own...I think I know where this story is going.

“Where’s my mother…please tell me?” he takes a deep breath, “Your mom she-“

The old man I guess is the boys dad cuts in, “She died on impact. The ambulance and firefighters couldn't get her body out of the car in time…s-she was trapped, the seat belt melted and they couldn't get her out,” he says with grief in his voice. I can’t believe what I just heard, my mom is...dead. The tears burning my eyes start to fall and at this point I don't care about the people in the room,

“No!...no…No!” I cry out shaking my head, she can't be dead. The boy wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into his chest. I cry harder into his chest, soaking his shirt. He gets on the bed with me and starts singing ‘Rain’ by Breaking Benjamin and his voice lulls me to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
...One more chapter...I'm posting that today