Not Just Any Whatsername

The Aftermath, Part 1

Alex stumbled through the door of her apartment, her head throbbing. She dropped her bag and shoes by the door and staggered to her bedroom. She needed coffee and she needed to think. She also needed to sleep. She flopped down on her bed and stuck her head under her pillow.

What the fuck did I just do? She wondered as she groaned into her pillow. I slept with one of THE most lusted after men on the planet!! When I was DRUNK!! God, he must think I'm such a slut!! What am I-

Her thoughts we're interrupted as a loud knock came from her front door. Clutching her head, she stood, half blind. She slowly walked to the door, the knocks getting louder and louder as she approached and her head throbbing harder and harder with each step. She opened the door. There stood her friend, Alison. "What the hell are you doing here?" she asked, leaning against the door. "It's great to see you too!" Alison said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. She pushed past Alex and entered the apartment. "Shut up" Alex mumbled as she closed the door. "Someone's not very cheery today are they?" Alison chirped, flopping onto the lounge. Alex shot her a withering look. "Keep your voice down!" she grumbled, sinking down next to Alison. "Geez, what happened to you?" Alison peered down at her. "Tequila" She was almost incomprehensible as she spoke into the lounge cushion. "Bad date with Dave?" Alison asked as she picked up a magazine. "You could say that." There was a bitter tone in Alex's voice. "What happened?" Alex sat up and hugged her pillow. "He dumped me."

"Oh Alex, I'm so sorry!! Are you OK?" Alex hadn't moved. She was staring blankly at the carpet pattern. After five solid minutes of silence had elapsed, Alex spoke. "Yeah, as good as I can be. We were rocky for ages." She shrugged and stood up. "Coffee?" she asked Alison. "Yeah I guess." Alison followed her into the kitchen. "So what happened after he dumped you?" "I went to the 'Happy Leprechaun' and drowned my sorrows in a bottle of tequila." Alex shrugged again. "What would you have done?" Alison frowned. "There's something else isn't there?" "No" Alex answered quickly, not looking at Alison. She answered that a little too quickly, Alison thought, she's hiding something. What did she do last night? Then, like a tonne of bricks to the stomach, it hit her.

"What was his name?" Alison asked her. Though the only part of her that was visible was her back, Alison saw it stiffen. "What do you mean?" Alex asked, the nervousness rising in her voice. "Alex, I know better than anyone what you are capable of when you're drunk. You either slept with someone or got a tattoo and I know that the only tattoo parlours you would visit are closed at seven." Alison said, folding her arms and standing in the doorway so Alex couldn't escape. "That doesn't mean I slept with anyone, maybe I went to a dodgy tattoo parlour." Alison scoffed. "Please." She said, "Don't forget that I've known you for almost 20 years, and I know you better than your parents." Alex set the mugs that she was holding down onto the bench and sighed. "Well, you're right Alison, as always." Alison relished this moment in her head, knowing it wasn't likely to come again. "What was his name?" She whispered, "Or are you too hung-over to remember?" "Oh I remember" Alex said, her head in the fridge, hunting for milk. Alison crossed the kitchen and stood next to Alex, giving her an anxious glare. Alex sighed and propped her arms on the bench and gazed out the window.

"It was Tre. Tre Cool."