Not Just Any Whatsername

I AM European

"Did you see that one guy in the front Adam? He was totally checking you out." Georgie laughed as the band walked through the backstage halls.

"Really?" Adam said, turning his head to the blonde bassist. "Which one?" he asked, cocking his head in interest.

"That one with the little goatee...you know the one that looked kind of like a cute Satan?"

"Oh yeah...he was cute."

The girls laughed as Adam went silent, looking pensive. They continued walking down the tiled floors, occasionally having to stop Adam running into randomly placed trash cans and scaffolding poles, laughing each time he stumbled over his own feet, Vans threatening to come off each time.

"I'm beat..." Alex said, flopping down on the couch in the dressing room forward slash extra-big-broom-cupboard-that-had-been-cleaned-out, stretching her arms above her head as she did so. She leaned back into the lounge, her eyes closed, not noticing that her shirt had ridden up slightly, revealing the star tattoo on her hipbone.

"You know, if you ever have kids, that'll str-" Alison began, surveying the tattoo.

"It'll stretch out and never look the same again. I know. And when I have kids my belly button ring will pop out, scar and never look the same again... I know... You've told me this about fifty times." Alex cut her off, not bothering to open her eyes. "What's the point of having tattoos if you don't put them in decent places?"

"That's true... But there are plenty of other places besides there where you can put them... Like your hands... tailbone...legs...shoulder..." she trailed off, fingering her black treble clef tattoo that was on her wrist.

"Doesn't she already have tattoos in all those places, except for her shoulder?" Georgie questioned from her spot on the floor, her mouth filled with an assortment of almonds, apple and potato chips.

"Yes, she does. And she also wants Alison to shut up because she needs sleep." They heard Alex murmur from the lounge, still not opening her eyes, bits of hair still plastered to her neck with sweat.

"Yeah she probably does, seeing as it's unlikely she got any last night." Alison said, plastering an innocent look on her face and tilting her head to the side.

That made Alex open her eyes. "Shut up dork brain." She said threateningly, sitting up straight and searching around her for something to throw at Alison.

"Ooohhh...Were you a bad boy last night Alex?" Adam said, picking himself up from the floor, where he was lying face flat on the carpet, apparently still fantasizing about aforementioned man in front of mosh pit.

"Oops... I... uh...didn't mean to?" Alison offered, biting her lip to keep herself from laughing.

"I can't believe how fucking immature you guys are... " Alex grumbled, shaking her head as she stood up. "You know, I was going to hang around a while and offer to take you out drinking... my treat... but now, I wont bother... I can go alone." She walked to a mirror and inspected herself, wiping the eyeliner that had run down her face. Wandering over to her bag, she pulled a shirt and a can of deodorant from its depths. She pulled her sweaty t-shirt off, revealing the colorful belly bar in her stomach. As she shook the deodorant can, there was a knock on the door.

Adam grumbled, picking himself up. Slowly walking towards the door, he quickly smoothed his hair down and pulling his shirt down over the waistband of his jeans.

"Holy son of a freaking biscuit!"

Adam stood in the doorway, mouth open in shock, gaping at the sight before him. His grip on the door relaxed and it slowly creaked open, revealing the three girls, including Alex, making an attempt to get a shirt over her head.

"Hi... Adam, right?" Tre grinned, his appearance almost comical as he offered his hand out for Adam to shake. "Tre."

Adam gripped the pro-offered hand, still unable to register the sight before him.

"Hi Alison."

The blonde looked up. "Oh, hi... " She sat up quickly, wiping away the water that had spilled down her front.

"Auugghhh... " All people in the room and the corridor looked over at Alex as she fell to the floor, finally getting her head through her shirt. Jumping up, she pulled it over her stomach.

"Oh... hi Tre... " she said, making an attempt at sounding nonchalant as she pushed her fringe off her face.

He stifled a grin. "We decided to come back here and tell you what a great show it was." He said, gesturing to Billie and Mike, who were standing behind him. "Tre." He said, leaning down to shake Georgie's hand, who was sitting up against the wall, making attempts to put potato chips in her mouth. "Billie, Michael... Be polite, introduce yourselves... "

His band mates grinned as they did what Tre had done previously, shaking hands with the people in the room, all of whom looked like they had seen Michael Jackson running around without pants on.

"What are you doing here?" Alex asked, slightly breathless, one hand coming to rest on her hip.

"Uh... Didn't I just say so... 30 seconds ago?" Tre questioned, his face scrunching up in curiosity. He craned his neck around, facing Billie. "Didn't I just... " Shaking his head, he turned back to face the rooms occupants. "Anyway, the boys and I decided that this club doesn't satisfy our alcoholic needs, and we were wondering if you guys wanted to come with us to one that does."

Scrambling up from her spot on the floor, causing her food to fall off her lap and onto the carpet, Georgie smoothed out her t-shirt. "Sure... I'm free." She said, looking around her for her jacket.

"Me too." The invitation had seemed to shake Adam from his trance as he picked his jacket from the floor and handed Georgie hers.

"Count me in." Alison grinned at Alex as she followed the other two out the door, zipping up the thin jacket she had pulled on.

Tre looked at Alex expectantly, grinning after the retreating backs that were accompanied by Billie and Mike, looking almost crazy with his bright hair and wide smile.

Rolling her eyes, she picked up her jacket and slung her messenger bag around her shoulder. "Alright, I'll come."

"How long have you played guitar for?" Billie Joe asked Alison, sipping his beer.

The blonde wrinkled her nose up in thought, her thoughts going to the back of her brain, searching for the required information. "About... 8... 9 years now... I think... " she trailed off, biting her lip in concentration.

"You're pretty good for only 8 or 9 years, you know."

"Yeah I know." She grinned, picking up her own drink and sipping at it. Setting it down, she looked back at the man sitting next to her, who was looking at her with a weird look on his face, half grinning, and half curiosity. She shrugged. "It's just something I like doing. Why else would I be in the band? I mean, it's not like I'm dead set on having it as a career."

"What do you want to do for a career then?" He set his beer down and turned his attentions to her.

"Too many things. I really want to work as a director or set designer or something like that. Anything to do with music." She smiled at him, her cheeks slightly red.

"Sounds good." He said, biting his lip and nodding. They stayed in peace for a few moments, sipping at their drinks and picking at the bowl of cashews that were on the table.

"How long have you known Alex?" Billie asked, breaking the silence they had fallen into, and gesturing to the dark haired woman with his beer.

"I've known her about... nineteen years, but best friends with her for about... ten years, I think." The guitarist answered, looking over at Alex who was apparently having a competition with Tre to see how many shots they could do. "I'm gonna have to haul her drunken ass all the way home, aren't I?" she groaned, watching them order more.

"At least it's only one person. I'm gonna have to drag Tre and Mike home if they keep this up." Then cocking his head to the side, he looked around, apparently searching for Mike. Then, he spotted him and relaxed back into his chair. "But it doesn't look like Mike's drinking too much tonight... " he said, nodding towards the taller man, who was chatting animatedly with Georgie, his hands waving about wildly, the level of his drink hardly changed.

"Be glad about that. I feel sorry for Georgie though. I think she may have to hold Adam's precious hair back if he pukes tonight. He doesn't hold his liquor well." Alison laughed, looking around for Adam.

"Why Georgie?"

"They live together. They have since we met them... " she trailed off, having finally spotted Adam, who was walking towards them, swaying a little as he dodged people.

"Heeey guuuys!!!" he said, his head poking between theirs as he wrapped his arms over their shoulders. "You having fun?" he giggled drunkenly.

"Not as much fun as you, so it seems." Alison stated dryly, slipping her hand under Adam's armpit, keeping him upright.

"You know Billie; you're a really good singer... " Adam supplied, turning to Billie, batting his eyelashes at him.

"Uh, thanks mate... " The dark haired man answered, shooting Alison a funny look over Adam's head as she stood up.

"Come on Adam; let's take you over to George before you say something really stupid. I'll be right back." She added, nodding at Billie as she helped Adam lean on her for support.

"Oh, Georgie!!! You know, I live with her... " Billie heard Adam inform Alison as she led him towards the lounge Georgie was sitting on with Mike.

"I know that, sweetie... How much did you drink?"

"I've always wanted to buy a boat... but I get sea sick... are there boats that don't go on water?" Adam continued, not having heard Alison's question.

"Not that I know... "

"He's taken care of then." Alison said, returning five minutes later, looking slightly rumpled as she sat down again. "Georgie and Mike are trying to get him into a cab, one person wasn't enough."

Billie Joe laughed, opening the top on his second beer.

"By the way, I'm sorry for Adam's 'flirting' before... He can be a little... homosexual... " Alison trailed off again, looking for the right words to say.

Billie choked on his beer, spraying Alison with the brown brew. "What... you mean he's... "

Alison shrugged, checking her cell phone for any missed calls. "No, he's halfway there though... he's bi." She added when Billie looked at her questioningly.

"Really? Interesting... "

"Yeah I guess, unless his gay side comes out and he starts being an über bitch and criticizes your clothing." She shrugged, taking another look over at Alex and Tre who were still at the bar downing shots. "I think we better collect our drunken band mates before they do something inappropriate on the bar." Finishing her drink, she grinned at Billie and walked off to stop Alex from collapsing on the bar.

Grinning impishly to himself, Billie quickly swallowed the remains of his beer and followed her, admiring the way her hair bounced on her shoulders.

Alex giggled giddily, watching Tre bring another shot glass to his lips, spilling half of it down his chin.

"You spilled your drink." She informed him, thrusting a napkin at him. "I think we need more shots." She turned around and looked for the bartender that had been providing them with alcohol all evening.

"I don't think you do." Alison interrupted her before she could relay her order. "I think it's time to go home."

Alex turned around, coming face to face with her best friend. "Allie!!!" She yelled, throwing her arms out to the side and pulling her friend into a bear hug. "Did I ever tell you you're my best friend?"

"Whoa... " Alison whispered into her friend's jacket. The smell of alcohol was so strong, she had to gag. "Did you take a bath in a keg or something?" she asked, as she extracted herself from Alex's strong grip.

"No, why would I? That's just silly!!" Alex told her, as though she was stating the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah, of course. How silly of me to think that?" The blonde made an attempt to help Alex to her feet, gently urging her off the barstool.

The shorter woman slung her arm around her friend's shoulders, stumbling as she got to her feet. "Whoa... " she mumbled, steadying herself. "Are you OK?" she asked Alison, holding her free arm up.

"I'm fine... I don't think you are though. Come on, we'll get you home." Alison rolled her eyes, trying to get Alex to walk towards the door.

She looked over at Billie, hoping to see him having a similar struggle with Tre. He was looking over at her too, a grin on his face. He was beckoning to someone in the corner, motioning for some help with Tre, who appeared to be telling him a story about what would happen if the three little pigs were drunk, blonde triplets.

Mike came jogging over, his jacket slung over his shoulder. Handing it to Billie, he bent down and hoisted Tre over his shoulder, his waist bent over Mike's shoulder, his face staring straight at Mike's ass.

Tre stopped his story, apparently dizzy since he had been turned almost upside down. "Is that my ass?" Alison heard him ask as Mike cautiously walked out of the bar, struggling a little with the added weight.

Billie shook his head at the retreating pair. Grinning, he saluted Alison before returning his attention to Tre, who was intent on someone answering his question. "Is. That. My. Ass?!?!" were the words ringing through the air as Billie followed them.

"No, Tre, that's Mike's ass... "

"Well, I must say, it's pretty damn fine if I do say so myself. Now, where was I in my story? Ahh, so the first triplet, um... what was her name... "

The last thing they heard before the door closed was Mike and Billie's laughs as Tre attempted to remember the triplet's name.

"Ok kid. I'm not carrying you, so you'll have to walk out of the bar by yourself... " Alison turned her attentions back to Alex, who was trying to remember the lyrics to 'Mary Had A Little Lamb'

"You know Allie, why did Mary have a lamb? Why didn't she own a dog, or a cat... or a bird even?" Alex questioned, looking down to make sure her path wasn't blocked by anything as she put one foot in front of the other.

"I don't know Alex. Why didn't she get a fish? Fish are cool too... " Alison grunted, pushing the door open with her foot.

"No they're not... Fish are judgmental. Try getting dressed with a fish looking at you. That's why I flushed mine down the toilet... "

"Alex, where the hell are your keys?" Alison asked her friend, her shoulders aching from dragging her to her apartment. It was 1am... cabs shouldn't be that hard to find. She had brought Alex out of the pub and every cab that had passed, had people in it. So, she'd had to drag Alex literally fifty blocks to her apartment. This situation had been so painful; she had broken her promise to herself and taken the elevator.

Alex, all the while had told her drunken stories and started mumbling almost incoherently.

"They're in the bag of my front pocket... I mean the bag of my pocket front... Damn... You know what I mean... " Alex trailed off, giggling as Alison fumbled in the black bag for the keys.

Alison rolled her eyes again as she finally located the keys and opened the apartment. Grunting, she helped Alex into the apartment and down her halls into her bedroom.

"Where's my guitar??" Alex asked blankly, staring around her room, as Alison set her on the bed and began to take her shoes off.

"You left it in the dressing room. Adam and Georgie are picking it up tomorrow in the van." Alison told her, looking up as she threw Alex's chequered Vans onto the floor behind her.

"Adam... You know Adam can sing? And he can play drums." Alex told her as Alison helped her into bed.

"Yeah I know. Look, I'm gonna get you a couple of Aspirin, and I want you to take them, coz you're gonna feel like shit in the morning." Alison called over her shoulder, walking towards the kitchen.

Smiling to herself, she hunted in the cabinets for Alex's Aspirin, knowing her friend would be up soon, more than likely in the bathroom, her head stuck in the toilet.

It took a lot to get Alex so drunk she could barely walk. Alison had asked the bartender how much they had drunk, and according to him, they had each had a few bottles of beer, a Vodka cruiser and about a bottle of tequila. She had groaned when she heard the amount, marvelling at the fact Alex had allowed herself to drink that much.

Popping a few aspirin, Alison made her way back to the bedroom, a glass of water in her other hand. Sticking her head around the door, she looked at Alex, who was sitting up against the headboard, looking up at the ceiling.

"Ah, Alison... .Come stai?" Alex straightened up, grinning at her friend.

Alison rolled her eyes yet again. Alex rambling in Italian was a sure sign of her being wasted. Ignoring Alex, she handed her the aspirin and water.

Grinning, Alex swallowed them. She had always been a complying drunk, always happy and mellow.

"Sleep time." Alison told her, rolling her to her side and pulling her blankets over her shoulders.

Squirming out from under the covers, Alex sat up. "Ma Alison, non voglio andare dormire."

"English, Alex." Alison reminded her friend, trying to get her to stay still under the duvet.

"Ma io parlo l'inglese. Ti parli l'italian." Alex said, shaking her head.

"Right." Alison muttered, raising her eyebrows a little. "Like I understand." Then, raising her voice slightly, she spoke to Alex, looking down on her from her spot above the bed. "Tell you what, you don't have to sleep, just sit here in your bed for awhile, and you might get sleepy. I'm gonna go crash on your couch ok?"

"Okie dokie Allie. Nighty night." Alex waved to her as she slipped out of the room, sighing to herself.

Alex groaned to herself as she sat up in her bed, head clutched in her palms. She slowly opened her eyes, trying to brace herself for the light she was about of face. Making a noise, halfway between a grunt and a squeal, she squeezed her eyes shut again.

Suddenly, a wave of nausea rushed over her. Clapping her hand to her mouth, she quickly stumbled towards her en suite bathroom, still unable to fully open her eyes.

Sinking to her knees, she clutched the sides of the toilet bowl and proceeded to empty the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

Shaking her head, she blindly staggered to her living room, hands never leaving her head.

"Morning!" she looked up.

Alison was sitting on the island in the middle of the kitchen, wearing a pair of black and purple spotted pyjama pants and a black tank top, her hands wrapped around a mug of coffee.

"Are those my pyjamas?" Alex asked as a way of greeting, reaching for the coffee she held.

"Yeah... I stole them from your room after you passed out last night." Alison informed her, moving the coffee from her reach. "Get your own."

Flipping her off, Alex sank on to a chair that sat next to the table, moaning to herself again. "I am never drinking again." She mumbled into her hands.

"That's what you said last time." Alison informed her, sipping at the steaming liquid.

Alex looked up at her, her eyes shooting daggers. "Don't you have your own apartment Barbie? Or do you just enjoy making me suffer?"

Alison snorted into the mug. "Trust you to make intelligent sentences when you're hung over." Shaking her head, she pulled herself off the island, steadying her coffee. "By the way, we have to be at the club in an hour to help Georgie and Adam load up the van."

Alex's head slipped onto the table, her forehead pressing against the hard wood, arms wrapped around her head. Making a noise of recognition that was almost another moan, she raised a hand, making an OK signal, her hair spilling onto the table's surface.

"Tre, wake up!!! Rob's here!!!"

Tre jerked his head up, blinking his eyes a few times. Billie had begun pounding the door at a steady rate, getting louder each time.

He sat up, his head throbbing insistently, like a drum beat that refused to leave his head. Trying not to make any sudden movements, he sat up, keeping all movements to a minimum.

Slowly, he made his way to the door, the ringing in his ears louder than ever before.

Billie was still knocking on the door, volume still increasing.

Tre threw the door open, hands clutching his head.

"Stop knocking," he threatened Billie, poking a finger at him.

Billie grinned wolfishly, holding up a can of coke and a few aspirin, offering them as a peace offering to Tre.

Snatching them, Tre quickly chugged down half the coke, his mouth desperate for moisture. "Thanks... " he muttered, pushing past Billie and into the bathroom.

Walking over to the toilet, he began to pull his pants down, but was again interrupted when Mike gently tapped on the door.

"Dude, we're recording again today. Rob told me to tell you to hurry up and get downstairs or he's hiring a new drummer."

Rubbing his hand over his two day old stubble, Tre grinned in spite of himself. Trust Rob to be a major jerk at...11:30 in the morning.

I'm never drinking again...