Status: WOOO I'm back and full of writing spirit!!! Thanks guys for all your encouraging comments it helped me a lot!!!

An arranged Marriage...TO THIS JERK!

The revelation

I sat wide eyed facing my mom who was sitting on a couch across from me. Her words stunned every part of me. How could something like this actually happen. It’s a new day and age things like this don’t happen anymore It just made no sense. Maybe I just heard her wrong…Ya I do do that a lot. I only hear certain words.

“Ummm…could you repeat that…I think I heard you wrong ma…” I laughed a little nervously

She shook her head and said quietly, “You are getting married…”

“Since When?!” I shouted

She crossed her arms, “Don’t yell…and since you were five..”

“And if I refuse…” I said and crossed my arms

She shook her head, “You cant refuse…there is no way out of this.”

“Why?” I asked sounding irritated

She sighed and took a deep breath as if she was debating on weather or not to tell me. Her long blond hair fell over her shoulders giving her a more distinguished look. She was 34 and always looked like such a classy lady. Nothing like her daughter. Her eyes were bright blue and made her look younger then she really was. I always wondered how we were related to each other. Since we looked nothing like each other.

Hell I don’t even look like my dad even though he died a few years ago. He was tall and had blond hair and blue eyes as well. He always looked like business was being made at every second. He always wore suits and was pretty built. But I was never really around him very much so I wouldn’t really know if he was always like that.

My mom brought me out of my thoughts as she spoke softly, “Well you see…Before you
were born…your father and I were a bit…troublesome…”

I raised an eyebrow, “How so…”

“Well we ignored a lot of the things that we were supposed to do. And ended up in debt. We almost lost our house…so your father and I did the only thing we knew what to do…We borrowed the money from a very wealthy man. We had every intention to pay him back but…” She paused and looked down

“What?!” I asked sounding exasperated

“You were born…and we needed all the money we had to take care of you. The man ended up moving away and your father and I thought that we were in the clear…Our lives were going good from there but after a few years…He came back demanding his money. We told him we didn’t have the money but we would do whatever it took to pay him back. And that was when you started to cry in your room. I went to go check up on you and I didn’t even realize he was following me. We he saw that you were a girl…He said that he didn’t want the money anymore…but in exchange he wanted..”

“Me” I finished for her

She nodded her head. I sighed a little and bit my bottom lip. I could understand the whole situation to a certain extent but…what I couldn’t understand is why would an old guy want me. I was five. Was this guy into some weird form of Pedo…ew. My skin crawled at that thought.

“So you expect me to marry some creepy old guy that I don’t know…” I asked

My mom laughed and shook her head, “no no no…You are going to marry his son. He is 18 now. He is in his last year of high school just like you…And once you turn 18 you and him will get married.”

I growled and scratched the back of my head, “Fine I guess I cant really do anything to get out of this…So when do I meet the guy?”

“Well about that…” She had a worried expression on her face as she spoke, “They are coming tomorrow…but then you will be leaving with them to where him and his family live.”

I froze, “What?!”

“You will be leaving for Michigan tomorrow afternoon…”

I gasped, “I’m leaving…TOMORROW?!”

She nodded her head, “Yes…and don’t shout…So I suggest you should go pack now…”

I pursed my lips and nodded. I stood up off the couch across from her and walked up the stairs to my room. As soon as I shut my door I grabbed my phone and dialed my best friend Ty’s number. I had to tell him the bad news since he was my childhood friend. We have known each other since birth. Born in the same hospital, Went to all the same schools, both leaned how to skate and what good music was. He was the male version of me. But I’m better. The phone ran three times until he picked it up.

“Yo?!” He sounded groggy

“Hey…” I said softly knowing that he just woke up

“Vikky?” He sounded completely confused, “What time is it…naw forget that…What’s wrong babe?”

I could feel the hot tears sting my eyes, “Ty…I’m moving…”

He gasped, “When?!”

I bit my bottom lip, “Tomorrow…”

“What?! Where?!” He asked a bit more quietly

“Michigan…” I whispered, “But that’s not even the worst part…”

“What’s not worse then you moving away?!” He shouted

I sighed, “I’m getting married too…”

“What?! You don’t even have a boyfriend!!” He sounded angry

I shook my head and started to explain everything. I told him everything about everything. When I finished he didn’t sound the least bit pleased by my words. I smiled to myself thinking of how lucky I was to have a friend like him who cares so much. I mean all of my friends who all happen to be guys are like this but Ty is like my brother. We continued to talk for a while until I had to go. When I got off the pone I sighed and started to pack my things for the day ahead of me.