Status: Completed

I wasn't Special Then. What Makes me Now?

Our Happy Ending

Zacky's P.O.V.

I finally reached New York! Here I was, standing outside of Jessica's loft, pounding on the door like a madman. Finally the door opened but, to my dismay, it wasn't Jessica. There instead was a girl who was a bit shorter than Jessica. She had straight, light brown hair but clipped it up. She also wore a thick brimmed glasses. "Zacky?" the girl asked.

"I'm so sorry, I don't remember who you are, you're either Kyleigh or Amy, but I have to see Jess," I said urgently.

"She's not here," she said.

"Um, when will she be back?"

"Hey Ky, who's there at th--" came another voice.

"Okay so I'm guessing you're Kyleigh," I said to the brunette who nodded, "And then you have to be Amy,"

"You still haven't regained all your memories?" Amy asked. I nodded.

"Um when I said Jess isn't here, I meant that she isn't in New York," Kyleigh said. My eyes widened.

"Then, where is she?" Kyleigh shook her head.

"I don't think she wanted anyone else to know about her location," she said. Oh God, please be at my side for once.

"But I need to fix everything! I love her!" I exclaimed. Kyleigh and Amy exchanged looks.

"So you remembered her?" Amy asked.

"No, but I despite not knowing her, I don't care! I don't care if I hated her before my accident! Nor do I care if we were just friends then. What I care about now, is her. I love her so much!" Amy sighed.

"Zacky you are so perfect for Jessica and I could tell what you just said was the pure truth. So Jessica is actually in Chicago," Amy said. I smiled as she told me Jess' address. I thanked them.

"Zacky, if you and Jess do not get together and you somehow made her sad, I'll castrate you and then I'll make you watch as I feed your balls to some starving dogs," Kyleigh warned me. I winced.

"I'll remember that," Jeez, what's up with people threatening me? First it was Matt and now it's Kyleigh? I made my way back to JFK airport and see if I could get a ticket to Chicago fast. Luck was on my side, and within an hour, I was in another plane. This time, I couldn't sleep. I took my bag of clothes and started looking through it. Then, I found something. What's this? There in my hands was a book. The Warrior Heir was what it had on the cover. Huh, why did that sound so familiar. I started reading it. Engrossed in the book, I began reading even faster, wanting to see how it ended. I reached where Ellen could've killed Jack and that's when it came back. The missing piece of the puzzle that is my mind. My eyes widened. This time, my head began to hurt as the memories flooded into my mind. Me and Gena breaking up; Jessica and I's first date; truth and dare; Gena kissing me; Me finding out who Jess really is; the accident. Everything came back.

I gasped for breath. If anything, the feelings for Jessica intensified and I needed to see her more than ever. I really needed her back in my life. The plane ride to Chicago couldn't take any longer. Finally, I rented a car and I was making my way to Jessica's apartment. I took a deep breath. I was outside Jessica's door and I felt axiety build up within me. I knew for sure that I'd see her now. If not-- well I'm not going to think about what would happen then. I slowly knocked the door and I swear my heart skipped a beat as Jessica appeared. Her eyes widened and she immediately shut the door. Well, that wasn't what I expected.

A few minutes later of me standing outside like a dumbass, Jessica re-opened her door. "I'm sorry Zack. Um come in?" she said. I came into her apartment. It was pretty bare and her moving boxes were still packed. There was an awkward silence between the both of us. I cleared my throat. "Why are you here Zacky? Don't you have a fiancee?" she said bitterly. I took a deep breath.

"But love is blind, and lovers cannot see the pretty follies that themselves commit," I said, reciting the lines from her favourite Shakespearean play, that she had not so long ago recited for me. Her eyes filled with tears, but they did not fall.

"What are you trying to tell me? I swear, my heart can't take anymore jokes--" she began. Immediately, I engullfed her into my arms, drawing small circles onto her lower back.

"Shh, I didn't mean to make you cry," I said, "Shh," She sniffled and leaned back, out of my embrace. Suddenly, my arms felt useless and cold. "Listen to me, I love you," I said. Jessica blinkked twice.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. Jessica Smith, I may not have realized it right away but I love you. I loved you before my accident, I loved you when I thought I loved Gena, I loved you when I made my way to New York, I loved you when I regained all my memories, and I love you more than ever, now," I said, looking straight into those black pits that always seem to trap me. More tears fell from her eyes, that's when I thought she was going to reject me. "I know. I have no right coming here after I've hurt you so much--" Through her teary eyes, she laughed and put her right index finger on my lis, silencing me.

"Oh God Zacky! You have no idea how long I've waited to hear that again! I love you so much that my heart hurts!" I smiled. My heart felt as if it was going to burst. I was that happy. I got her back.

"Looks like Val won't beat me up and Kyleigh won't be able to castrate me!" I said, happily. She laughed heartily. God how I missed that laughed. Then she pulled me into a kiss and I knew that from now on, everything was going to be alright.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my Gizzard. I felt so emotional finishing this chapter. I've had so much fun writing this story and I know all my readers enjoyed this story as well. I also know that there are some of you that are sad if not even more sad than I am that this story is finished. Thank you MarybethLovesMcFly (you have commented so many times for this story), knaghtaleigh FW;; , IdiotDorkGeek, CemetryGates6661, CaliforniaGirl!, Love Revolution. , Azulxx00xx, Dark Passion Play, DancingSilverCrystal.

You guys commented on the last chapter but apart from you guys, I would love to thank everyone who ever commented on this story, even if it's just one. Also, all the people who have read this story, thank you. Anyone who've just read this story is so great! I love you guys! MUAH!