New Love Is Tasteless, We're Going Down

Anxiety

Throwing his mic to the ground, Alex stood on the stage, huffing.

Brandon sat behind this kit, shrugging towards Marc, who gave him a confused look in return.

"Alex are you okay?" Travis ask, stepping closer to him.

Alex shook his head, "I dunno. Something doesn't feel right."

Suddenly, Alex dropped to his knees, clutching his chest and gasping for breath.

Brandon and Hannah immediately shot up from their seats and raced towards him.

"Alex, are you okay!? Can you breathe?" Marc asked, kneeling in front of Alex.

He tried to respond, but instead starting wheezing uncontrollably.

"Does he take any medication for his anxiety attacks?" Hannah yelled as she dug through a small equipment bag on the side of the stage.

As she dug deeper into the bag, her fingers grazed something plastic and immediately pulled out the small bottle of pills.

She quickly read the label, searching for all the important information needed.

Opening the bottle, she shook two pills into her hand and grabbed a bottle of water off a cabinet.

Brandon and Marc had propped Alex onto their chests and were holding him there.

"Alex, nodd if you can hear me." Hannah said, squatting in front of him.

He slowly nodded, his eyes fluttering open, his piercing green eyes locking with Hannah's bright brown eyes.

"Are these pills that I found in your bag for your anxiety attacks?"

He nodded again, eyes still locked with hers.

"Alright Alex. I want you to open your mouth so I can give you your medicine. I'm also going to give you some water."

Alex reluctantly opened his mouth and let Hannah place the pills into his mouth, followed by some water.

"Alex, I need you to breathe calmly for a few minutes until we get proper help,okay?"

He nodded, closing his eyes and leaning back onto Brandon and Marc.

Travis walked up behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder, "I sent Dan to get the Medics."
She let out a sigh of relief and quickly stepped away from the scene.

Finding a seat on the side of the stage, she quickly buried her face in her hands.

Travis took a seat next to her and began rubbing her back.

"Hannah, are you alright? Your shaking."

She looked up at him," Travis, I was so scared. I don't think I've ever seen an anxiety attack that bad before."

He nodded, "Yeah, I know. That's how I felt when I first saw his attacks too."

Hannah looked over to see the medics place Alex on a stretcher and check his vitals, "Is he going to be okay?"

Travis nodded, still rubbing her back, "Yeah, he'll be fine. He use to get them a lot worse when he drank."

As they sat there, a medic made his way over to them.

"Is it alright if I ask you guys some questions?" He asked, squatting in front of them.
They looked at each other and nodded.

"Mr. McKnight over there said the victim had a sudden panic attack, due to his anxiety, and that Miss Bardo gave him medication that she had found Mr. Varkatzas' bag."

Hannah nodded.

"May I see the prescription bottle?"

She placed the plastic bottle into the medic's hand.

He looked at the bottle and nodded, "Alright thanks. You did a great job, all of you."

He gave them a small smile, turned and walked away.

Travis groaned, "Come on. Let's go check on Mr. Varkatzas."

Hannah got up, stretching her sore muscles.

Alex sat on the stretched, taking deep breaths and slowly exhaling.

She walked up to him and placed a hand on his arm, "How are you feeling tiger?"

Alex smiled, not opening his eyes, "I just had a major panic attack. How do you think I feel?"

Hannah glared at him, "Are you mocking me?"

He laughed, "I have no idea what you are talking about."

She shook her head, and sat next to him on the stretcher.

"Hey, I want to thank you. If it weren't for your quick thinking, I would probably be in the hospital right now." Alex said, opening an eye and looking over at her.

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah. Are you allowed to perform tonight?"

He shrugged, "I was cleared, but that's up to everyone else right now. I'll probably skip the signing though."

Hannah placed her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes.
"Alex.."

"Yeah?

"I have something to tell you. I was really scared. I didn't know what was going to happen."

Alex wrapped his arm around her shoulder, "You did fine, and I'm still breathing."

She nodded, digging her face into his chest.

"Awe, Hannah," Alex cooed, kissing her forehead, "You're alright. I'm definitely alright."

Hannah looked up at him, tears welling in her eyes.

Alex frowned, "Hannah.. come on now. Alright, let's go back to the bus?"

She nodded and slowly got up, helping Alex stand from his sitting position.

Alex groaned, "I'm getting too old."

Hannah giggled and wrapped an arm around Alex's waist.

They slowly made their way off the stage and to the main gate, where they flashed their passes to the guards,and were let through the gates and onto the grounds.

Hannah punched in the bus code and pulled the door open.

As soon as Alex entered the front lounge, he plopped onto a couch and sighed.

Hannah made her way to the kitchen, digging around in the cabinets and pulling out a box of animal crackers and two waters from the fridge.

She sat on the couch next to Alex and handed him a bottle of water, while shaking the box of crackers in his face.

He gave her a big grin and quickly dug into the box.

Turning on the TV, Hannah flipped through the channels.

Alex groaned as she stopped on her favorite Nickelodeon show; Spongebob Squarepants.

She looked over her shoulder and him and stuck out her tongue.

He shook his head and stretched himself out.

Hannah glared at him and smiled when he patted the spot next to him.

"There's not enough room for both of us on this couch."

Alex rolled his eyes and moved so his back was completely pressed up against the back of the couch.

She shook her head and quickly lied down in front of him.

He moved his hand to her waist and quickly grabbed a few animal crackers out of the box.

Alex laughed at Hannah's expression, "What? Did you think I was going to put my arm around you? Bitch, please!"

Turning completely around, Hannah glared at him.

Alex widened his eyes, "DOH!"

Hannah choked on her laughter.

As she went to reply, Alex stuck a cracker into her mouth.

Her eyes went wide and she stared at him.

He began to laugh uncontrollably, his eyes watering.

When he finally managed to contain his laughter, Hannah glared at him, causing him to coo and pull her into a hug.

"Oh, come on."

She huffed, "You're mean."

"Awe babe. You know you wanted that cookie anyways."

She crossed her arms over her chest, "Yeah, but I didn't want one stuffed into my mouth!"

Alex shook his head and kissed her cheek, "I'm sorry Hannah. Forgive me?"

Hannah continued to glare until Alex broke out the puppy dog face.

"Not the puppy dog face!"

Hannah yelled, covering her face; trying to look away.

"Gah, can't. look. away! Too. cute. Help me, anybody!"

Alex smiled, pulling her back in closer to him.

Hannah giggled into his chest.

He kissed her forehead and rested his head on the arm of the couch.

With a slow pause, she readjusted herself, and for that moment, she got an drawn in breath of his cologne, blending subtly with his natural scent.

Hannah looked back up, only to find him gazing down at her, a soft look in his eyes.

A tense moment passed, and suddenly, as if pulled together by magnets, they moved in closer to each other.

For one moment, she could feel his breath cross her mouth, before they connected.

Parting for a split second, they absorbed in the moment of this kiss.

Hannah bit her lip in giddiness.

Still laying there, inches apart from each other, Alex took initiative and swooped down and kissed her again.

When they finally broke apart the second time, they were short of breath.

"Wow, I uh, didn't see that coming," Hannah whispered nervously.

Alex chuckled, "Were your eyes open the whole time? God that's creepy! You're not supposed to see it coming. I was being sneaky. Like a ninja!"

Hannah covered her mouth, trying not to laugh, "Alex, you are such a dork."

He chuckled and smiled at her, "You know it babe."