Status: Finished.

This Is How We Will End With You and Me Bent

This Is The End

I turned the knob to find it unlocked. I was shocked considering Zack told me all the guys had gone out for one final meal before returning home. I thought I would be more disappointed to find them not there, but it honestly made this whole thing easier. I glanced around looking for a good spot to put the letter I written for Jack. I wanted only him to see it, but I knew he’d show the guys eventually. I at least want him to be the first to read it.

Deciding that his hoodie pocket would be the best bet, I shoved it in there. Taking one last look around the messy room I left and made it back to my car. I pulled out my phone to send Zack a text telling him that I would call him when I got settled in my new place and to have a safe journey home. Starting the engine to my car, I took one last look around me because as far as I was concerned, I wouldn’t be seeing Texas for a long, long time.

***
The boys arrived back at their rooms to gather all their belongings for their long trip back home. Jack did a once over to make sure he had everything he came with. He was known for leaving things behind. Everything was packed away with the exception of his hoodie, which was draped over his suitcase. He was always cold, so he left it out just in case.
“Jack! Let’s go! We’re leaving!” He heard Rian call. He flung his hoodie over his shoulder only to have an envelope fall at his feet. Luckily, his eye caught the falling paper and he curiously picked it up. After inspecting the blank envelope, he opened the flap and pulled out a sheet of loose-leaf. He immediately recognized the handwriting.

Dear Jack,

I’m so sorry. I know, lame, but it’s all that I can think of saying. I know how much I hurt you and how I can’t make things better. I just need you to know how sorry I am. I know nothing will ever be the same ever again, but hopefully our paths will cross and we can maybe start a friendship again. I know whatever you do in life you’ll be wonderful at and I wish you the very best. I hope the next time I see you, you’ll be happy and carefree again just like the old Jack because I hate seeing you miserable and I know I’m the cause of it. Be good and safe. I miss you already.

Love always,
Bailey xoxo


Jack folded the piece of paper and tucked it away in his back pocket. He wiped the one tear that fell from his eye and walked out of his room and onto the bus.

“Hey, you alright man?” Alex asked once he noticed the somber look on his best friends face.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Jack nodded. “I’ll be fine.” He whispered to himself knowing that he wasn’t being completely honest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hate this ending, but I had to finish it. If you care there is a sequel and the first chapter is already up. It will be better written, with longer chapters and updated more frequently.

Thank you all so much for reading and although this went to shit, for all the positive and amazing comments. Hopefully I'll see you over in the sequel.