Still Around

Introduction

There are a few things missing from my life. One thing mainly, One thing I could never seem to gain from my parents, One thing my friend's never seemed to express and one thing no person could give off to me. It’s one word, one syllable and 4 letters and thousands of forms of expressions: Love.

“Let’s do something tonight”
The ever beautiful red-head Dawn claimed as we were sitting at lunch.
“We need to do something to kick off our senior year, Before all the exams and stress pours in!”
Dawn looked around at the group, I looked to. There was Keesha: Overbearing, Clingy, Tall Blonde Keesha who was sitting next to Arabella:
a smart little Asian girl who barley ever talked except to her boyfriend Fraser:
a slightly nerdy guy. He was cute but not hot and he usually had an opinion on everything. Next to him was Tyler, He was the most sane of the group, With his brown hair hanging over one eye, his tall skinny frame but he was easily swayed by Max: the party animal who had tried every alcohol known to man kind and was starting on every drug. Next to him was Dawn, who was slightly eccentric but as I said beautiful. Her long dark red hair sat straight down her back, her green eyes and full lips she was tall and thin, she was into music, She always new the latest band were to see them. Next to her sat me . Quite uninteresting me, With my big blue eyes and short choppy black hair I had been told that I looked like a french doll. Our group used to be really close, we would spend weekends and holidays at each others houses, swimming in the lake and going off to parties but now everyone’s kind of drifted apart, Its like we don’t share common interests anymore.
“Well if anyone’s interested my friend Captains band is playing tonight” Dawn bit into her apple.
“Alright”
Shrugged Keesha
“as long as I get some guy candy I’m happy” She winked.
Keesha was a bit umm loose if you put it that way, She always had different boyfriends and couldn’t live without the thought of someone not loving her, I didn’t really get along with her.
We all agreed to meet up at O’callaghans Pub at 8, As the bell rang we dispersed.
“Hey Tyga , You're going to come right?” Dawn walked up to me towering over my small frame. “Yeah I might” I said what I hope was offhandedly,
“Good because you need to get out a bit more” She smiled I knew she meant it nicely, it was just the way she said it, Straight forward. I could never be that way. I was to shy.

The rest of the day at school went smoothly. I pulled up in my driveway behind my parents cars. I walked into the kitchen to see my mother washing the dishes,
“Don’t go into the lounge room I just put Rose down” My mother said.
There was no hello, there was no anything. My mother had me at 17 years old My father couldn’t handle it when I was 2 he ran off my mother blamed me. She remarried and had another baby Rose who is now 1 and a bit, I never came first in my mothers life, She didn’t really care what I would do, My step dad was okay I guess.

I got ready for the night. Pulling on my outfit not caring about to much makeup. I sung along to the music coming from my stereo.
“I am nothing now, and it’s been so long
since I heard the sound, the sound of my only help.
This time I will be listening.

Sing us a song and we’ll sing it back to you
We could sing along but what would it be without you?

This heart it beats, Beats for only you
This heart it beats, Beats for only you
This heart it beats, Beats for only you
My heart is yours.”

My heart didn’t beat for anyone.

At 8 o’clock I was sitting at the bar watching the band Dawn had so excitedly told me were “awsome and hot” walk onto the stage. It was a dark room, with a lot of smoke haze that had me wheezing. The crowd were loud and mainly male, some oldies along the bar drinking scotch and talking of the old days. People just off work enjoying a meal still in there business suits. No one else apart from me Keesha and Dawn from our group had shown up. Dawn and Keesha were currently talking to what looked like a very keen bar tender. I turned back to the band, who was the reason I was here.

“Hey everyone we are Infinite Interests and this is Dear Maria”
The music started up and a sweet voice started singing.
From the view I had of the stage I could see a really good looking guy singing his heart out.
He had black hair and a deep tan which was shown off from the white shirt he was wearing, he looked really tall, I mean around 6,3 The stage lights made some of the others look dark so I couldn’t make out their features properly.
The beat was catchy and soon I was singing along to the chorus.
Dawn came back over to me with Keesha hot on her tail.
“Hey , I told you they were good” she said sipping my water
“ ughh I thought It was vodka” She grimaced
“I want to meet them, Isn’t the singer just hot! oh, yummy!” Keesha drooled in the direction of the Band
“Easy there, I know the Synth guy so yeah you will meet them” She assured Keesha
who almost gleamed with delight.
“What about you Tyga, spotted any guy candy” Keesha smirked sipping her pink daiquiri.
“No, Im fine here” I almost whispered. God I’m sad, But I’m to plain for anyone to like. I’m not sexy like Keesha with her long blonde hair and European looks or confident like Dawn.
The set ended and Dawn went over to the band. She came back with 5 gigantic guys, well compared to me.
“Hey I’m Keesha” Keesha thrust her boobs out provocatively putting a hand on her hip.
“And this here is Tyga” Dawn patted my arm before striking up a conversation with a skinny dark haired guy with sunglasses on.
“I’m Jesse, The bassist” A tall guy with long blonde hair tied back in a pony tail smiled
“This here is Charlie he plays guitar” He pointed to a skinny guy with glasses who nervously nodded.
“That guy all over that girl is Charlie our drummer and Danielle his girlfriend” I saw a brunette guy cuddling a very pretty girl who was giggling and slapping his hands.
“And this is Nate” He pointed to the guy with the tan and ruggedly good looks “He’s the singer” Jesse then leant over to the bar.
Keesha immediately threw herself at Nate
“So Nate are you in a relationship”she batted her eyelashes at him.
“Nope” He smiled looking at her
“so how long have you been in the band?” She touched his arm
ah I knew the routine, She would tell him how much she loved the band and how she thought they would make it big all the time complimenting until she got what she wanted.
I couldn’t take the smoke haze anymore so I went outside.

The cold crisp air hit me like a truck as I stood outside the pub. The sky hard turned from dusk to full black now. I pulled out my phone to check the time. 11:54pm.

“Your friends is very clingy” A voice said from behind me.
I turned to see Nate leaning against the stone wall.
“She can be that sometimes” I sighed.
He nodded
“what are you doing out here?” Nate asked
“Just getting fresh air” I looked shyly at the ground, He was very good looking. His faded jeans stretched nicely over taught thighs and his white shirt clung to his well muscled arms.
“Yeah air is nice” he said
I laughed a bit
“I know this is weird but do you wanna get out of here? Its just I'm over the bar scene and your friend is waiting for me so....?” he shrugged looking up at the sky his breath making steam clouds against the blackness.
“Yeah alright” I agreed something that I wouldn’t usually do.
He walked off into the night and I followed wondering what the night had in turn.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment
they are appreciated