Sequel: Unknown Calling

Calling Carter.

Food fights and memorable moments.

(SILAH’S P.O.V)

My head was exploding. I suddenly decided I loved kisses, but only if I was kissing Carter. Cause it was pure heaven.

“Who wants ice cream?” Kala asked loudly. After a second Carter and I separated and I couldn’t stop the soft smile on my face. Then, I turned to Kala and said with a grin, “I do. Why do you think I got it?” Carter also agreed, and kept his arms around me as he guided me to the couch. He made me sit, then grabbed two bowls of ice cream and handed me one. Without the spoon.

“Hey,” I said with a grin, “why don’t I get a spoon?”

Carter held my spoon for me, waiting for me to let him feed me. Too late, I hadn’t seen the mischievous twinkle in his eye. I should have known he wasn’t quite that romantic…

Carter covered my face in ice cream.

I gasped and wiped it off my face, staring at him with a stupid grin on my face. As my Mum always says, Don’t get mad, get even. I picked up my bowl and grinned evilly. Carter’s eyes widened.

“You wouldn’t,” he managed before I flicked some at him. It got in his hair and on one of his cheeks, and he looked really funny. Yum, I couldn’t help but think.

Kala called from the kitchen, “Silah always did believe in that saying revenge is a dish best served cold!” And broke into a fit of giggles. I started laughing too, cause she was absolutely right.

Carter grinned, leaning close. “You look cute covered in ice cream,” he told me solemnly.

“So do you,” I replied, then giggled. I stood, noticing my arm was starting to hurt again. My painkillers were wearing off. “I’m gonna go wash this off, okay?” Carter gave me a worried look until I reassured him I was okay.

I went upstairs to the main bathroom, where I wiped the ice cream off with my good hand. It started raining again, a constant pattering against the roof that I found soothing. I guess I was just that used to it now. Then, I thought I heard something that wasn’t rain. A harder tapping, not rhythmic like then rain. My body went cold before I realised it was probably Kala or Carter.

A very loud crack! convinced me otherwise. I went cold again as I realised it was coming from outside. Something was tapping on the window, and there were no trees tall enough to hit the second floor windows. I took a steadying breath and put the face cloth back by the sink. My arm started throbbing.

I really felt like saying, piss off. But I didn’t. I wasn’t crazy. Not yet, anyway. But I’d seen too many horror movies where the silly little “heroine” went straight to the bad guy. Cause I did have a bad guy now. I shook my head. It wouldn’t be Caidan. He didn’t know where Kala and Carter lived.

Right?

I shook my head again. I didn’t need this. After a wary look at the window, because the tapping had now stopped, I backed slowly out of the bathroom. Just as my fingertips brushed the door handle, there was an almighty bang, the sound of very close thunder. I twitched and jumped at the same time, nearly loosing my skin. This was not cool.

But at least I didn’t scream.

The door handle moved.

I’m proud to say I didn’t scream. But I nearly did. Why was I freaking out so much? Nothing was going to happen. Maybe my painkillers were just working on my head and not my arm. I breathed deeply a few times, leaning against the bathroom door, eyes shut tightly.

MEANWHILE
(CARTER)

Silah was pale again. She looked a little tired… I was obsessing. I took a deep breath, placed the ice cream bowls on the coffee table beside me, and glanced at Kala. She looked cute and grim at the same time. She was licking ice cream off her spoon, but she also looked worried about Silah. She noticed me looking at her.

“Do you reckon she’s okay?” She asked me, eyes wide. Sometime I hated it when she looked at me like this, like I could protect her from anything. I had learnt a long time ago that I couldn’t.

“I think so, Kala, she’s pretty tough.” I said quietly. I looked up the stairs, where I had last seen Si disappearing. I was just thinking about going up to check on her when there was a huge boom of thunder, and Kala dropped her spoon with a squeak. I grinned. Kala was terrified of thunder, always had been.

“Come here,” I said easily, offering her a hug. She surprised me when she shook her head, taking a deep breath and straightening her shoulders.

“If Silah can be tough,” she said in a tiny voice, “so can I.”

“Aw, Kala, I’m flattered,” Si said softly from the stairs. She wore a half smile that only partially went to her eyes. She stepped of the last stair and gave Kala a quick hug, then led her back to the couch. With a little grin she then climbed into my lap and rested her head in my neck. I wrapped my arms around her and closed my eyes.

The front door opened, and in walked Luc, Alice, Daniel, Adam and Daniel’s girlfriend, Victoria. We usually just called her Tor.

“Aw, Carter, you’re so damn cute,” Luc grinned evilly at me.

“Oh shut up, Luc,” I grinned. “What’s up, man?” I loosened my grip on Silah as she grinned and said hi to everyone, and we made introductions for Silah, Alice and Tor.

Then Luc made a discovery. “Ooh, ice cream!”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have just realised that Luc is not only based on a friend, but also Emmett from Twilight. He's one of the good points in that series, i love him. LOL.

THANKYOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO COMMENT ALL THE TIME AND TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU LOVE THIS STORY(haha Ashley XD). YOU GUYS KEEP ME INSPIRED AND GIVE ME A DAMN GOOD REASON TO WRITE.
SO, I'MA MENTION YA:
~propane_nightmares (thankyou for victoria!)
~crazykatie
~loverfayce
~Hayley
~chaos

and everyone else like *cough* my friends who havn't read in ages *cough, cough*

Also, i have been quaratined from school for a week (my whole year, due to swine flu) so I'm going to be doing a LOT of writing soon. But, i would like to do a mini .. competition thing, concerning the name for the sequel to Carter.
If anyone has any ideas, please message me! I am accepting all ideas. Except, maybe, "I wanna tap Carter cause he's awesome" ... cause thats another story for another time ;)