The Alliance

'Beware Beauty'

As I walked through the snow, I kept reminding myself of what my mother had told me. "Beware Beauty," She had said. She had told me stories about vampires and their stunning looks but how dangerous they could be, I hadn't taken the warnings seriously. Though she warned me I should.
But that was a while ago, and I will not let myself wander to that time anymore. Now, in my hands, I carried a letter to the next town. It was far, but worth it. In the parcel was a note- permission to join an alliance. The large town beside us had gotten into a fight with us. We had crossed the line into their territory.

We had always wondered why the bigger town was so different...
Everyone there had skin as white as ivory. They all looked so dark, intense. Almost like they were nervous or uptight. They were all beautiful women and men. I scoffed, Why go for me when you can go for someone beautiful, mysterious and-

My thought was interrupted when I heard hissing.

I gasped and turned around. There, was a brilliant woman standing in front of me, allowing her presence known. She opened her mouth, revealing a startling set of white teeth. Her fiery hair kissed the night sky behind her, making the illusion of fire. Frozen with fear, I stood there marvelling at her. When she suddenly advanced in my direction, I took off running through the sparkling snow. I could hear her behind me, getting closer. But as I continued running further into the snow, I felt relief when I could no longer hear her. I glanced behind me. My relief quickly dissolved into fear, when I realized her proximity to me. But when her opportunity opened, her body fell limp into the crystal dunes. Blood spread, inking the tattered snow.

I quickly turned back. Feeling shocked ,I wondered what force could've brought her down. My mother once had told me that the only thing that could kill a vampire was.....a vampire... Does this mean another vampire came to my rescue?

I could feel the blood drench from my face. I slowly turned again to see someone leaning over her.
A guy. "No! He screamed, and whipped around to see me. He snarled. I started to run again, frantically searching for the comforting lights of the town of Anaktuk. Nothing was in sight. Oh god no, this is the end of me! He was gaining on me, his eyes now slits in his amazing face. As I ran, panicked, the parcel bounced in my grip. I tried to hold it tightly.

As I ran, I hadn't noticed that I was now on a huge patch of ice. With no time to slow down, I went sliding forward too quickly to realize what was happening.

I looked back once again, and to my horror, the man was only a few seconds behind me. My foot hit something just then, and as I searched the ground, I felt my body fly forward.

My head dazed, my last sight was of an evil smile, a pale face and eyes so cold, that the only possible explanation was thirst.