I Want To Marry My Stalker

Goodbye Confidence.

Jace’s POV
I sat in the hard plastic chair in Rachelle’s hospital room. The smell reminded me of my past. Hours in hospital rooms, awaiting doctors. The rooms always looked the same. One or two beds, stiff as metal, blue curtains that blocked out the sights but not the sounds. No matter where you were you could always hear death walking through the halls. The doctor hadn’t come in yet. Rachelle was sitting on the bed, making herself as small as she could. The hospital gown they made her wear didn’t help with her comfort level. The green back-less frock was like paper. They took away her clothes and with that they took her confidence. However little she had to start off with. Rachelle was terrified, uncomfortable, and in pain. My uncle was outside talking to the doctor and telling him the situation. I stood up and walked over to her.

“Hey, how are you doing?” I asked and gently started rubbing her back. She jumped and flinched. This made me mad for more than one reason. How could you take someone as innocent and small as her and rip away any chance at a normal life? I’d been watching her for months before I talked to her for the first time. Every time I saw her she was cowering. Always terrified. On more than one occasion she was beaten right in front of my eyes. I couldn’t stop Nate though or he’d kill her and then hide. I had to wait until the time was right. The other reason this made me mad was because I would never hurt her. She flinched away from me like I was a monster like Nate. Part of it was that she wasn’t paying attention but I had to be careful with quick movements. When she looked up at me I could see the terror in her eyes. She relaxed a slight amount when she saw it was me. I felt her shoulders rise as she took a deep breath and sighed.

“Alright I guess. How much longer until we can leave?” She asks looking at her bruised knees.

“I don’t know. Once the doctor comes in and looks at you we’ll know how long.” She just nods and keeps looking down. I gently lift her face until her dark chocolate eyes are gazing questioningly into mine. “Please don’t hide from me. I would never hurt you. Don’t be scared.” She gave me a timid smile as the doctor walked in.

“Hello, I’m Doctor Wood.” He said extending his hand to Rachelle. She looked at it with what could be fear and I saved her by shaking his hand. He smiled and nodded to me. He gave me a smile that told me he understood what I just did. “Alright let’s take a look at you, Rachelle.” I took a step back and watched him examine Rachelle. He was very careful and considerate of her delicate state.

As he examined Rachelle I looked closer at the doctor. He wasn’t a tall man. Standing at about 5 feet 10 inches he towered over Rachelle, even when she was sitting on a high hospital bed. He had sandy brown hair and thick wire-rimmed glasses. He had on a lab coat and scrubs. Many medical things were hanging from his coat. I looked down at his feet and almost laughed. The man had on purple Crocks. After fifteen minutes he finished his exam and motioned me and my uncle outside.

“I honestly don’t know how the girl is functioning. She is bruised from head to toe. I suspect she has multiple broken ribs and other bones. Not to mention she flinched every time I moved because she’s so terrified. I want to keep her over night and press charges against the people she is staying with.” He said looking directly at me.

“I’ll back you up completely with pressing charges but I don’t know if she can handle staying here all night.”

“What if you stay here too? I can give you a privet room all to yourselves.” He said trying to persuade me.

“Let me talk to her about it, ok?” I said as I walked back into the room. “Hey, would you be okay if we both stayed here tonight?”

“Both of us?” I nod and I can see her thinking about it extremely hard. “Well I guess that’s ok as long as you stay with me, if you don’t mind.” She said shyly but I could still see her need in what she said. If I left her she’d run and hide.

“Alright. I’m going to go talk to the doctor and tell my uncle to go grab some clothing.” She nods and lies back down. I walk outside and tell them the plan. My uncle nodded and said he’d be back as soon as he got the clothing from the store.

The doctor pulls out his prescription pad. “I’m going to give you a slight pain killer prescription for when you take her home. Give it to her every four hours until the majority of her bruises fade from their purple state.” He says ripping off a piece of square paper and handing it to me. I put it in my pocket and nod to the doctor. “I’m going to send in the nurse to give her a pain killer and a sedative. It will help her sleep.” I just nod and walk back to Rachelle. She looks at me and then at the nurse that follows me in. I sit down in the chair next to her bed and hold out my hand. She grabs onto it, not taking her eyes from the nurse injecting liquids into her IV.

“Relax, it’ll be okay. They’re just going to give you something to help you sleep and deal with the pain.” I said holding her hand. She nods and I watch her fight her drooping eyelids. Eventually she loses the battle and falls into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. :)
sorry it's been so long since i updated.
a lot's been going on and i really missed writing.
so now i'm back. hopefully for good.
Comment. Honestly tell me what you think.
Thanks
Kit Kat aka TIGER
or simply Kaitlin