Status: Being rewritten in 3rd person

Dying Symphonies.

He saw a lonely girl.

You would have never known by looking at her. From just a glance you couldn’t tell that she had been ripped open and torn apart. From a quick look all you could see was dreariness and maybe a hint of naivety, whatever was left of it anyway.

By looking at her home and her neighborhood, you’d never know what goes on there. By glancing at a house, you can never tell what goes on inside.

And if it weren’t for her, you never would, but if you listen closely and follow the rules, she’ll let you in on a secret that’ll change the way you picture things…forever.

The plush white carpets with not even a speck of dirt, sand colored walls ranging all the way to a sunny yellow. Big Colonial and Victorian houses sitting side by side with classical music drifting out to the smoothly paved roads. This is her life, her world, and what made her who she is today.

Her life’s always been easy. She never worked a job; She never struggled for money or necessities. She had always been very blessed. That, of course, was until he showed up on her side of the universe, on her street, on her doorstep.

His hair was careless and matched his mundane eyes; he had a crooked smile and flushed cheeks. He had a strange air about him. At the time, she would have never imagined how much of an impact this green-eyed, freckled boy would have on her. She would have never guessed someone as free and casual as him could ever change her way of thinking, let alone her life.

This is his story.

“Nice weather, isn’t it?” he said, his breathe and voice cracking.

Her mouth gaped open and she nudged the door back into its original place, separating them and sheltering her from all that was about to take her by storm.

The next few weeks came and left in a rush. He visited her doorstep everyday, and everyday with the same type of question, pointless and exasperating. She always answered. She thought of it as humoring him, then, but soon enough she started enjoying and even looking forward to his visits. She questioned both of their sanity.

Sanity is a silly thing. She thought; a cover up, a shelter to hide behind. Sanity was the only thing there to comfort us when we were alone.
So what if no one was there? So what if you were lonely? At least you were sane. The only real people in this world are those who are honest with themselves; those who don’t hide behind the façade of sanity.

Now, if we put her sanity under analysis. If we throw that question out there we’d come to the conclusion that it’s very much gone. It abandoned her months ago. But don’t bother worrying, she’s not one bit afraid.

He saw a lonely girl. She saw a lonely world.
It was a canvas, slyly careless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is greatly appreciated.
I'd also really like it if you listen to the song at least once.
It really helps the story line.