You Are Everything I Am.

Sechs

[Gustav's POV]

“ I refuse to work with her!”

I sighed as Jade’s temper tantrum over working with Kari started going full circle. She’d been complaining about her so-called dire situation for the last three periods and it was beginning to get on my nerves.

“You’re going to have to work with her whether you want to or not,” I muttered pulling my hat a bit farther down over my eyes.

“I’ll ask Mr. Daum to switch my partners!” She exclaimed clapping her hands in excitement.

“He hates you Jade, There’s no way he’ll let you switch partners,” I said knowing she was going to yell at me for making things worse.

“You’re not helping Gustav,” she said with a frown.

I shrugged, “You could just trying getting to know her,” I said quietly.

“You could try asking her out, but we both know that isn’t going to happen.”

I felt the heat rise in my cheeks and I pulled my hat down farther in a failed attempt to hide the blush.

“Try and play nice. She thinks you want her dead.”

“Maybe I do,” Jade muttered.

I frowned giving her my best disapproving look and she rolled her eyes. “Okay so I don’t. But I don’t have to like her.”

“You do realize that going to her house to work on the project means that you’d be going to Georg’s house right?” I snuck a look at Jade and noticed she had stopped walking. I’d made a desperate pitch for her to have a reason to work with Kari and it seemed to have worked.

“I hadn’t thought about that,” she said quietly as she began walking again.

I fell into step next to her and watched her. I could almost see her mind racing, until she finally sighed in defeat.

“What?” I asked quietly hoping to hide my excitement.

“You’re right. I have no reason to hate her,” she said with a frown. I opened my mouth to say something and she held up her hand to quiet me. “I’ll be friends with her but on one condition.”
“Why is there always a catch with you?” I muttered as she laughed quietly.

“This will work to your benefit,” She answered with a smirk as a look of horror crossed my face.

“If you say what I think you’re going to say, I’m gonna kill you,” I whispered threateningly.

“If you want me to try being friends with whats her name..”

“Kari.”

“Whatever. You have to promise that eventually you’ll grow a pair and ask her out. “

I groaned and shot her the angriest look I could manage. “I’m going to kill you,” I said with a sigh.

“Do we have a deal?”

“Only if you keep your part of the deal.”

She smiled and sighed, “That won’t be hard. She seems like a nice enough girl.”

I nodded. “Then we’ve got a deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long!

Kari's up next!

Bang a Gong,
Joanie