The Adventures of Simon and Rose

The Adventures of Simon and Rose

One day a boy named Simon Crew was working on this computer. He was a very smart boy, all though all the kids at his school teased him cause they thought he was a nerd. But he did have a best friend.

Her name was Rose Stauffers. She was a very nice girl. She always encouraged him with his inventions. He always worked in the garage. Rose knocked on the door.

“What’s the pass word?” Simon asked.

“Simon is a great inventor!” She said.

“Come on in!” He said. Rose opened the door.

“What’s your latest invention?” She asked.

“You really want to know?” He asked.

“Yeah! I really want to know.” She said.

“Well it’s under this big sheet.” He said showing her.

“Let me guess. You invented a huge computer TV?” She asked not so sure.

“No way!” He took the sheet off. “It’s not really an invention because everybody’s heard of it before.” He said.

“So what is it already?” She asked impatiently.

“It’s a time machine!” He said.

“Cool! I always wanted to go back in time! So how does it work?” She asked excitedly.

“Well hop in and we’ll take it for a spin!” He said.

She opened the door to the machine and walked inside.

“Simon this is totally cool! Let’s go back in time to the dinosaurs!” She said.

“First, let’s go on a test drive.” He said seriously.

“Ok.” She said.

Simon pushed a blue button. The machine started making noise. Then it started spinning, it got faster and faster until suddenly, it stopped.

“Whoa! What happened?” Rose asked.

“I think we went back in time.” He looked at a screen inside the machine that told him the date. “It’s 1912. How far back did we want to go? “ He asked her.

“The dinosaurs?” She asked.

“Ok. We have to go back farther in time.” He said.

He pushed the green button. Nothing happened. He pushed it again, nothing, he pushed the button so many times, that the whole machine turned off.

“I guess we should try to fix it. But first let’s look around.” He said. Simon grabbed Rose’s hand and they started to walk around. Simon walked up to a man and asked, “Where are we?”

The man said, “On the S.O.S. Titanic of course.”

“Oh no! What date is it?” He asked.

“January 14. Why?” The man asked.

“Because we shouldn’t be here!” Rose blurted out.

The man looked at her like she was crazy. “Then why are you on this ship?” He asked.

“Because we went back in time! This ship is going to hit an iceberg tonight and the ship is going to sink! Don’t you understand? There aren’t enough lifeboats for everyone!!! People are going to die!!!!!” Rose screamed.

“Are you on some kind of medicine, young lady?” The man asked.

“Never mind him, nobody will believe us.” He mumbled to Rose.

Simon grabbed Rose’s hand once more and he ran to the machine, with Rose dragging behind.

“What are you doing?!” She asked, trying to keep up.

“We’ve got to fix the machine before tonight! Or we’re stuck here on the Titanic! Then we’ll die!!” He said.

Rose looked at Simon and fainted. But Simon was there to catch her in time.

A nice old lady from 3rd class let Simon put Rose on her bed to rest.

“I’ve got to get back to the machine, but I’ll be back, Rose. I won’t leave you here.” He mumbled in her ear.

He ran off on the deck and checked out the machine. He had to find what was wrong with it. He got inside the machine. Then he looked at the leaver. It was broken off. Now he knew what was the problem. He had to find something to replace the leaver.

He looked all over the ship, but he couldn’t find anything. He ran back to the 3rd class rooms. He had to check on Rose. He opened the door and there was Rose and the lady. Rose had a blanket around her and a glass of water in her hand.

“Don’t worry, I took good care of your friend.” The lady said.

“Rose! I’m so glad you’re feeling better.” He said.

“Well I forgot why I fainted. Why did I faint anyway?” She asked curiously.

“I don’t want to tell you, you might faint again.” He said.

But then he thought, how am I supposed to get us out of here with her not knowing. He decided to tell her right before the ship sanked.

“So, where are we Simon?” She asked.

“On the Titanic of course.” The lady said for him.

“Well we better be going, thank you so very much for taking care of my friend!” He said.

The lady nodded. Simon grabbed Rose’s hand once again.

“Where are we going?” She asked.

“To the machine! We need to fix it, and fast!” He said still running. They finally got to the machine.

Now Rose’s memory was coming back a little.

“Wait a sec, now I remember! We’re stuck on the Titanic and your machine’s broken and you’re afraid we’re gonna die.” She said.

“Exactly,” He said.

A man jogged by saying “Iceberg! Iceberg! Right ahead!”

Rose and Simon turned around in fright.

“S….Simon, w….what did he say?” Rose asked scared to death.

“We have to hurry! There’s not much time! Maybe an hour or so. The ship WILL sink!” He said.

“AN HOUR!” She screamed. Everyone looked at her.

A half an hour later, half of the ship was under water.

“We have to run to the end of the ship or we’ll die for sure!” He said.

“Lifeboats are running out quickly! I don’t have a lifejacket!” She whined.

A man heard her and gave her one. “Here you are, Miss.” He said.

They ran with all their might! They finally made it. The ship was almost standing up.

“Get on the other side!” He ordered her.

“What? Are you CRAZY!” She asked.

“Do it!” He yelled.

She climbed over the side.

She pulled Simon along side of her.

“Now, when I say jump, you jump!” He said to her.

“I will!” She said. The ship started sinking down, standing up. The water almost covered the whole ship.

“JUMP!” He yelled.

Rose jumped with all the might she had left. When they fell in the water, they came up holding hands.

“I’m glad you listened to me!” He said.

“The bad part’s not over. We still might freeze to death." She said shivering.

After about 5 minutes, they were freezing to death. But Simon looked over and saw the machine about 10 feet away.

“Rose, there’s the machine.” He shivered.

“We'd better hurry to it then.” She mumbled.

They started swimming to the machine. The harder they swam, the colder they got.

“Get inside.” He said silently. She climbed inside.

He knew he could find a piece of the ship somewhere to fix the machine. He swam for 2 minutes, then he finally found a metal piece of the ship. He swam to the machine. Then he climbed very slowly with his numb body, into the machine.

He put the metal piece in the place where the lever used to be. He looked over at Rose, who was lying there lifeless.

"ROSE!” He loudly whispered. He shook Rose hard.

Finally she opened her eyes. She was very pale in the face.

“Let’s get out of here.” She whispered.

He pulled back the leaver and pushed the red button. Soon, they were speeding to the future.

They finally got back to 1999. When they opened the doors, it was night time.

“It’s 6:00. Just in time for supper.” He smiled.

“I should go home, I can’t wait to kiss my bedroom floor! Man, it’s great to be back.” She said.

“I wish you could stay for supper.” He said.

“I’ll call my mom.” She said.

They had dinner at Simon’s house, then she had to leave at 8:00.

Simon said, “I’m sorry I put you through all that.”

“It’s ok. At least I was with someone I trust when I’m in trouble.” She said smiling. She had on a sweater she brought from her house, trying to take the chill away.

“Well I have to admit, it was a little bit fun, until we almost froze to death.” He said.

“Well I have to go.” She said.

“You have a beautiful smile.” He said.

“What?” She turned around. He kissed her on the cheek. Rose blushed.

“I said you have a beautiful smile.” He repeated.

“Oh……thanks.” She said still blushing.

He watched her walk until she was out of sight.

Simon said, “I guess the world isn’t ready for time machines yet.”

He was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
After you read this, please don't hate. I was only 9 years old, and I got a good laugh out of reading this.