Attention, Attention.

You'll Always Be My Thunder.

Not so soon after, we were sitting on my kitchen counter, waiting for hot chocolate to get out of the microwave. His hair was wet and plastered to his forehead with melted snow, and my thin hoodie had been replaced with a blanket the second we had got inside. The microwave beeped, and before I could reach it, Will had slapped my hands out of the way and was pulling the steaming cups out of it. I blew into mine before taking a sip of the scorching liquid. I glanced up at Will just in time to see him blow his too hard. It splashed all over his face.

"Hot!" he squealed. I grabbed a towel quickly and gently rubbed it over his face. "It hurts." He pouted.
"Aw," I whispered, once the hot chocolate was completely off his face. He brought the cup to his lips, as my mother’s voice rang throughout the house.
"Kellee!" I heard her call.
"Shit…um…" Footsteps entered the kitchen, stopping suddenly. I looked up. Haley was in the doorframe, eyes wide.
"Who’s he?" she asked. I brought a finger to my lips and turned to Will.
"Go, quick, before my mom gets in here…" I whispered, taking his cup from him and taking him to the back door. I watched him go, then turned back to Haley.
"You can’t tell her, please, please," I whispered. She rolled her eyes.
"Why would I?" I shrugged. "Mike called while you were asleep, he wants you to go to his place." She giggled.
"He's my best friend, we are not having sex." She smirked. I pulled my hoodie back on and walked out the back door, towards the house I was able to call my second home for years. Once I had stepped foot in the yard, a pair of arms were immediately clutching to me.
"Hii!" Mike's voice cooed into my ear. I grinned.
"Hello, love," I said. Mike and I often called each other names like that – people think we date sometimes.
"It snowed today!" he said excitedly. "Oh…um…I was going to ask you something…"
"What were you going to ask me?" I asked. He fidgeted with the bottom of his chocolate brown jacket.
"Um…forget it," he said. "Forget I ever said anything." He looked down. I bit my lip.
"Mike, say it," I said calmly. He looked back up, making eye contact.
"Will you…uhm…" his voice trailed off. "Will you…go out…with me?" I blinked. Mike liked me? Well…I guess I could say yes, but…I don't like him that much…but…I guess I could. I plastered a smile over my face.
"Yes," I said. "Just so long as you promise that if we break up, it won't affect our friendship."
"Pinky promise," he said, sticking out his pinky finger. I linked mine with it, giggling at the lame joke.
"Well. I guess I should go," I murmured. His lips were suddenly on mine, his arms embracing me tightly against his chest. I kissed back, before pulling away. I gave him one last smile and ran back to my house.