Oh, How the Tables Have Turned

“Logan’s going.” Rogue said, and I looked at what she had in her hands. It was his dog tags; he never went anywhere without them. And he’d given them to Rogue. I hated to admit it, but I was insanely jealous. Logan and I had always had a special bond, and it had been getting tested since him and Rogue came to live here permanently. I loved her and all, but it was too much for me to handle.

“I guess I should say goodbye...” I trailed off, and I ran outside. He was just taking Scotts motorcycle out of the garage. “You’re not even going to say goodbye?” I asked. He turned and looked at me, and took the cigar out of his mouth. I was as still as a tree, but I felt limp.

“You know I’m no good with goodbyes, Kitty.” He said, and I could feel my stare getting cold, and my eyes watering.

“But you’ll say goodbye to Rogue, and give her your dog tags?”

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous.” He said, and I saw a smile playing at his lips; a sort of sad smile. I didn’t say or do anything. “Come on, Kitty. You and I are always going to have a special bond that no one can break. Not even Rogue.”

“You’ll come back for her, but not me?” I asked, my voice trembling.

“Okay, listen.” He knelt down on one knee and looked me square in the eye. “You know me, Kitty. I promise that I’ll come back, okay? I promise.” I didn’t want him to go, because I didn’t know when he’d be back. A tear ran down my face, and he wiped it away.

“Alright. Don’t break it.” I said, and he chuckled. I smiled, and gave him a hug. He hugged back, and walked over to the motorcycle. He got on it, and waved one last time before speeding off.


This is an X-Men story. Alright; so this is basically taking place during X2. In this story, along with Logan, Rogue, Bobby and John, Kitty Pryde goes along, too.
If you have any problems with me switching around the story i.e adding characters who weren't in the movie as main players, suck it up and/or don't read this!
  1. 001
    I don't think she's excited