Come Alive Tonight

Break

Rory met up with Alex right after the bell rang.

When Alex saw Rory, relief spread across his face, causing Rory to laugh, "What was that look for? Did you think I was going to ditch you?!"

Alex chuckled, "I don't know what you are talking about. Now where are we off to next?"

"Lunch."

Alex nodded, "Good, because I'm hungry."

Rory smiled at him as they walked down the main staircase, "Now the real question is eat crappy cafeteria food, or have the three of us eat off campus."

Marlena came bounding down the stairs behind her, "Ooooh, please can we go off campus?"

"Sounds good to me, how about you Alex?" Rory asked.

He nodded, and Marlena squealed, taking off towards the office.

"She's a quirky little thing, you'll get used to it." Rory said as she signed herself and Alex out in the office.

They made their way out to the bright sun and towards Rory's car.

As they pulled out of the parking lot, Alex asked, "So where is the "hottest"spot to eat?"

"Oh, it's just right around the corner. It's not too far from here actually." Marlena replied as they pulled into the overpacked lot of Freezer Burn.

"It's just much more convienant to drive, but it's the best place to grab a bite to eat." Rory added, as they climbed out of the car.

They crossed the threshold, and Marlena pointed out that the place was packed with S.C.I. students, and other local schools.

Rory managed to find a booth that was somewhat out of the noise.

As the waitress took their order, a tall, thin boy with dark olive skin, and black hair slid into the booth alongside Rory and placed his arm around her shoulder.

"Hey, babe." He said planting a kiss on her cheek, evidently showing off.

Alex narrowed his eyes at him, telling him that his gesturewas unnessecary.

"Whose this?" He asked, pretending to just notice Alex.

"Caleb, this is Alex. He just moved into the area and transferred into S.C.I." Rory said motioning to Alex.

Caleb extended his hand to Alex and gave him a firm handshake.

Without another word to Alex, he turned his attention back to Rory.

Marlena gave Alex an apologetic look and continued to slurp down her milkshake.

Caleb left a few minutes later when their food arrived, causing them to sit there for a few minutes in silence.

"Alex, I'm sorry about Caleb. If I would have known he was going to be an ass, I would have stopped him from sitting with us." Rory said, looking very apologetic.

He gave her a half smile, "Ah, don't worry about it."

As Rory picked up the tab for the other two, a tall and yet semi-chubby boy walked up to them and hugged Rory.

"It's been a while since I've seen you." He said making Rory jump.

"Brandon! Oh my god! I missed you!" Rory cried, trying to give him her best bear hug in return.

They caught up on everything since they last saw each other, and made their way out to the car.

Just before they piled back into the car, Brandon turned to Alex and introduced himself, "You must be new. I'm Brandon. I live right next door to this lovely girl."

He said, wrapping his arm around Rory's shoulder.

Alex nodded, "Name's Alex. I just moved here from Huntington Beach."

"Sweet deal!" Brandon cried, slapping him the back, "Is there any chance I can get a lift? Dan already left apparently."

Rory nodded, "Of course!"

Brandon quickly hopped in the car.

Rory turned to Alex, giving him another apologetic look, "He's a good kid. You two will get along."

Alex nodded, and climbed into the backseat next to Brandon.

The drive back to the school was filled with laughter as Brandon shared stories of his recent adventures abroad.

When Rory pulled into a parking space, they all climbed out and made their way into the office to join the crowd singing back into the building.

As they walked up the front staircase, Brandon offered to show Alex around for the rest of the day.

Alex obliged.

"Alright. Well, how about we all meet up at your house later. I'll drive Alex." Brandon said to Rory, as she started to walk away.

"See you later!" Marlena yelled to them, receiving waves in return.

They walked down the halls in silence, until Marlena starting glancing sideways at Rory.

"What are you starting at?" Rory asked, laughing.

"I was thinking.. Alex is pretty cute. Don't you agree?" Marlena asked, as they started to go their seperate ways.

Rory rolled her eyes at the question, "I have a 'boyfriend', remember?"

"Doesn't mean you can't look. Besides, new boys are always much more intriguing."

Marlena said as she walked into her classroom, leaving Rory standing there to think about what she had just said.