Sequel: Can't Go Back
Status: Updated August 24

Brave New World

The End Leads Off To College

Sebastian
2 Years Later


I rolled over in bed as Kiro licked my hand, and then jumped on the bed. This was his normal morning ritual. It has been ever since Catsten’s funeral. I think having Kiro around brightened my days. He let me focus on nothing, but he sure kept me busy. I thank Carsten for giving us Kiro.

“Ok, ok. I’m awake,” I said as I pushed him away from my face as he panted in my face.

“Go see if Dorian’s awake” I said as I got up and I shooed him out of the room.

I looked at myself in the mirror, man I looked horrible today, but closer to not looking so miserable. It still pains me to see things that remind me of Carsten, but I believed I was getting better.

“Uh, Kiro” I heard Dorian as I laughed to myself.

“The dog again?” Robert asked as I nodded.

“You bet” I said as he kept walking.

After the funeral, Robert decided to move in. At the time I didn’t care, I was in a dark place and nothing seemed to make sense, all I knew was I needed Robert to make it through the day. He would sit with me as I cried. I don’t know if he really liked it, but I think maybe it helped the both of us.

Dorian was a different story. He went into depression and he was stuck in a really dark place for a really long time. I think he finally was getting back. I tried to get him to go to therapy, but he looked at me and told me he wasn’t crazy, so I didn’t push it.

This was his last final days of high school before college. He wanted to go somewhere in the U.S, but I kept telling him no.

“I’m going out” Dorian said he appeared in the kitchen.

“Where are you going?”

“I don’t know” he fought me off as he left.

“What am I going to do with him?”

“We could sell him,” Robert said as I laughed as I looked at Robert.

“Yeah, I’ve thought of that, but I think I’d like to keep my son”

“Can you believe he’s moving out soon?”

“Oh god, no don’t say that” I said. Just thinking about it made me want to go back in time, back to when Carsten was alive.

“Sebastian. Sebastian, what did I say?”

“I’m sorry, I just, I was thinking of Carsten. He won’t be at Dorian’s graduation tonight,” I said slightly crying.

“Oh, I forgot about that”

“Its ok Robert” I smiled. “I just don’t know how Dorian’s going to react” I said worried.

“He’ll be an emotional wreck, but he has a girlfriend right?” Robert asked.

“He did. He dumped Martha a couple weeks ago”

“Why?”

“I think she was fed up with him”

“The poor guy”

“Tell me about it. I should get ready, you should too for tonight,” I said as I moved.

Dorian

I left dad and Robert. I needed to get out. Tonight was graduation. I know everyone was making a huge deal about it, but why? It’s not that great. My dad is going to make a big deal. My mom probably would too, if he was here. God why did you take my mother? Do you really need him more than us more than my dad? No one needed my mom more than my dad. I ask god these questions everyday, but I don’t get anything in return as an answer.

I felt alone in the world. My dad just hasn’t been the same; I couldn’t talk to him about my mom because he didn’t want to. He said he was getting better, I don’t believe any of it. I even broke up with my girlfriend Martha. I could tell she was tried of me when I heard she slept with the head football player. It didn’t tear me apart. Maybe I felt relieved that she was gone.

I got back home around five to dad and Robert getting ready.

“You should too” dad said as I walked to my room. I looked at the tux that sat on my bed. I didn’t feel like going, but I couldn’t tell dad that.

“Are you ready?” Robert asked stranding outside my door. I turned and just starred at him. “Want to talk about it?” he asked as I nodded. Maybe I just needed to talk about it.

“I don’t want to go tonight” I started as he nodded for me to go on.

“I don’t feel like it. I don’t want to graduate without my mom” I cried as he nodded again.

“I know, but you know what, your mom is with you all the time, everywhere. He’s your guardian angel”

“What about my dad?”

“He’s with your dad as well. He balances it out” he smiled as I smiled.

“Thanks” I said as he got up. “For letting me talk to you”

“Anytime” he said as he left. Now it was Showtime.

2 Months Later

“D, do you have everything?” Sebastian called from the car.

“This is the last box” Dorian said as he placed it into the trunk, where it fit perfectly into place.

“Alright then, this is good bye for now”

“For now”

“Are you sure you don’t need help moving in?” Sebastian asked his son, as his son rolled his eyes.

“No dad, I’ll be fine. Plus I’ll have a roommate to help with that” he said as Sebastian nodded.

“Ok, drive safe” he said as Dorian started the car, his car.

“Bye dad” Dorian said pretending to not show any signs of emotion, but as soon as he pulled off the street, his emotions got the best of him and he had to pull over for a couple minutes before heading off to Harvard.

“So, its just us two” Sebastian said to Kiro as they walked inside. He was trying to hide his emotions from Dorian, but he knew Dorian could see through it all, but as soon as he got inside, he broke down too. But soon it would be alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy snitchel sticks we made it! We've made it to the end. :'( Happy and sad tears. A year in the making, and its over. But the way I set it up, can anyone says sequel? :D Yes I'm still doing the sequel with the two stories. I was going to post Friday, but I realized I don't have anything written, better yet a notebook to write it in, and I have no title, so I'll probably figure that all out this week, and post next Tuesday. That's what I'm aiming for. I also realized you can't put two stories for a sequel at the same time, so I'm making the sequel part of this story, if you read my other story I'm going to be putting up a chapter to let you know!