Forget About Me, It's What I Deserve

One

(3rd person's POV)

The petite brunette-haired girl settled back into a lawn chair in her backyard and sighed. It was the perfect day to be outside. The Southern California rays made her slightly tan skin glow and the Los Angeles smog was headed in the opposite direction of the girl's modest two-story house. Living just outside of Los Angeles was perfect.

Just another day in the life of Alexys Sherwood. But today was slightly more special. It was her 16th birthday. She leaned her almost black hair against the head of the chair and the semi-wavy, semi-straight hair fanned out.

"Lexy! Ally's here!" Lexy's mom stuck her head out the window. A taller, light brown-haired girl bounded out the door and plopped onto Lexy's lap.

"Happy birthday dear Lexy! Happy birthday to you!" Ally sang in a pitch-perfect voice. Lexy smiled. Ally was the daughter of Alex Gaskarth and just happened to inheirit the sweet voice he was famous for.

Lexy slid her sunglasses onto her head and looked at Ally. "Thanks Al."

"No problem! You have to come inside to open your presents!" Ally giggled and Lexy smiled. The girl had had one too many Monsters.

"Kay. Can you tell me what you're getting me?" Lexy asked and bounced on the balls of her feet. Ally shook her head and giggled again. As they walked inside, Lexy caught her reflection in the mirror. A nose that could rival Big Bird's and small hazel brown eyes.

Lexy took a glance of her mom and sighed. They were polar opposites. Her mom had the naturally sun-kissed blonde hair every Californian had and piercing blue eyes. Her mom had the perky, actually funny sense of humor. Lexy had a wry, perverted sense.

"Happy birthday Lex!" her mom smiled and placed a white, frosted round cake in front of the now sixteen year old. Lexy blew out the single candle on the cake and wished. I wish I could meet All Time Low.

Although Ally's dad was Alex Gaskarth, even she barely saw him. The band was always on tour and Ally saw him maybe four times a month.

Lexy's boyfriend, Mitchell, walked in and kissed Lexy on the cheek. "Happy birthday." Lexy blushed and looked at her feet. Right now, Lexy felt extremely lucky. She had the most popular guy in school as her boyfriend, the perfect best friend, and a perfect family. Life couldn't be better.

Ally passed an envelope to Lexy and winked. "You know what it is."

"Nope. Not at....I love you Al!" Lexy screamed as she pulled out three concert tickets. The band featured in the middle of the ticket was Lexy's wish. All Time Low with backstage passes.

Mitchell smiled and said "It's from both of us. Happy birthday Lex." Lexy blushed and kissed Mitchell's tan cheek.

Lexy's mom shooed Mitchell and Ally from the room and closed the kitchen door. "Lexy, we need to talk."

"Um...okay? We already had the sex talk though," Lexy pointed out. That was the only important conversation they'd had.

Lexy's mom shook her head. "No not that. Alexys...I don't know how to say this-"

"I'm secretly British? My ancestor is a goldfish? I have a ginormous stomach and I'm going to eat you all?" Lexy cut her mom off, extremely anxious of what she was going to say.

Her mom stifled a laugh. "No...Lexy, your dad and I aren't really your parents."

"I kinda figured that. Y'all have the small perky nose," Lexy said nonchalantly.

"No...we were given instructions to tell you who your real parents are when you turn sixteen," Lexy's mom explained.

Lexy rolled her eyes. "So tell me! Maybe I'm the little sister of Prince William. Or maybe I'm Paris Hilton's daughter. That seems likely..."

"Have you heard of Jack Barakat?" her mom asked. Lexy nodded really fast.

"Well...he's your dad."

Lexy's eyes widened and she screamed. Mitchell and Ally ran into the room. Lexy started panting and slowly stopped.

"What the fuc- I mean heck?" Ally asked. They exchanged side glances and nervous smiles.

Lexy narrowed her eyes. "You two knew!"

"It was supposed to be a surprise," they said in unison.

Lexy sighed. Her last sixteen years had been a lie. Nothing could get worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Story for 'I'm a Famous Person's Child contest'. I hadn't written a Jack story in a while, anyways, so I wanted to get this out there. Plus I miss reading the secret long-lost child stories =]

Comments/critiques are appreciated.