Forget About Me, It's What I Deserve

Six

*5 minutes later*

The car was filled with lots of chatter, talking about the show and random shit that was on TV that week.

Everyone was talking except the birthday girl and her semi-boyfriend. Everyone could sense there was some sort of unspoken tension between them. Even Jack sensed that, and Jack doesn't sense a lot of things.

"Lexy, can we talk about this?" Mitchell whispered in her ear, making sure she was able to hear.

Lexy nodded and chewed on her thumbnail. "Start talking, Mitchie."

Mitchell sighed and leaned in closer, his hot breath touching her neck. "Look, I know you're pissed. I'd be pissed too if I knew you were cheating on me with Drew."

Lexy nodded. Drew was Mitchell's best friend.

Mitchell continued "So, I'm extremely sorry. Ally just kept coming on and back then, our relationship wasn't as strong. I thought it would just be for fun, you know, since I wasn't in a really serious relationship. But it just kept evolving and Ally kept wanting more..."

"Did you ever sleep with her?" Lexy asked quickly, her voice trembling.

Mitchell's eyes widened. "Hell no. You were the one I loved and you were the first to sleep with me. Lexy, if I didn't love you, I wouldn't have slept with you."

Lexy felt a feeling of warmth run through her chest. He loved her. Only her. Ally was only his plaything of the moment.

"Mitchie, I need to tell you something," Lexy said, feeling caught up in the moment.

Mitchell leaned his head in the dip between Lexy's neck and shoulder and whispered "Shoot."

"I'm leaving."

"What?!" Mitchell shot up and looked at Lexy, confusion in her eyes.

Lexy nodded. "I'm going with the guys to finish up the tour."

"You are coming back, right?" Mitchell asked softly and rubbed Lexy's hand. His voice was so soft, Lexy could barely hear it over the noise.

Jack looked over at the couple, brow furrowed. He saw the look on Mitchell's face and his eyebrows relaxed instantly. Jack recognized the look as one of confusion and sadness, one his past girlfriends also used.

Jack hoped that, even though Mitchell cheated on Lexy, Lexy wouldn't break his heart. He knew Lexy loved Mitchell and vice versa. Jack recognized it as pure, unconditional love.

Then, he saw the look of sadness change into devastation. Jack knew what Lexy had just said.

"I'm not sure."
♠ ♠ ♠
Grampa's missing. Short/crappy update.

Comments are loved <3 xx