I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

Lucas

They stood side-by-side, outside an abandoned warehouse before giving each other a questioning look. Only the angel seemed unfazed by it.

"Are you coming along or are you going to wait outside?" Dean turned to look at Castiel who shook his head.

"I should go. My superiors are calling," Castiel said, turning around to walk away into the darkness.

The remainding three walked into the warehouse, gun right in front of them in case it was a trap.

The place was protected by signs or charms - salt, anything you could ever think of. The place wasn't as humid as it seemed from outside. Even the smell wasn't so bad. In fact, it smelt as though they were in someone's house.

Walking into another room, they saw Mandi, Gary and a man Delilah had recognize from her dreams - Lucas. And as soon as they realized it was not a trap, they lowered their gun.

Lucas walked towards Delilah, pulling her into a hug. "It's great to see you, Laila," he had whispered into her ears.

"Hey sexy," Mandi walked over to Sam who smiled in return.

As soon as she pulled away from the hug, Delilah took in Lucas's appearance. As far as she could remember from her dreams, he hadn't changed one bit. Blonde mop-top hair, blue eyes - he didn't seem to be aging. "Do I know you?" she pretended. Lucas looked at her with his piercing blue eyes.

"No, you don't. You only know my children," Lucas admitted, grinning a little as he pointed to Mandi and Gary. "But I've been watching you grow up." Delilah stared at the man in disgust. Even Dean and Sam were doing the same. When Lucas realized that his speech came out wrong, he laughed it off and waved his hand. "Your mother asked me to keep an eye out for you."

"My mother's alive?" Delilah immediately asked, causing the man to look at her with scrutiny before sighing.

"I don't know," he started.

"What's there not to know? It's either a yes or a no. Simple answer," Dean had interrupted, earning a glare from Delilah.

"It's not as simple as that," Lucas said with patience. He turned to look at the Winchesters. "A few weeks after the Devil's Gate been opened, I've lost contact with her." He shifted his gaze to Delilah. "What is it have you come to ask of me?"

"I want to know what is in the box my mother gave you when I was a little girl," Delilah got straight to the point. Lucas seemed surprised by her question.

"Black box?" he asked and Delilah nodded her head. He smiled and nodded his head as he turned to look outside the window, staring at the dark forest. "I'm afraid it was stolen from me yesterday."

"What?" Both Sam and Dean said in unison. Delilah could see the annoyed expression on Dean's face. Even Sam was showing a little hint of irritation.

"Does the box have anything to do with the apocolypse?" she asked, feeling four sets of eyes looking at her and then to Lucas.

"I don't know," Lucas replied, his back facing her and she frowned. "Your mother," he finally turned to look at her. "I was not allowed to open it nor was I allowed to know what is in it."

"You've got to be kidding me," Dean mumbled before glaring at Lucas. "You mean, you never even tried to have a peek?" Lucas shook his head causing Dean to mumble something under his breath. "Friggin' awesome. Now we're back to square one!" Dean walked out of the room - probably towards his Impala.

"Sorry about him," Sam apologized, staring at Lucas as though there was something about the latter that seemed odd. "Thank you for your help." Sam shrugged his feelings off mentally and smiled before walking his brother's path.

Delilah looked at Lucas. "How was she?" she decided to ask.

Lucas understood who she meant. "Your mother was always asking about you, Laila. She's so proud that you became a teacher - someone you wanted to be when you grew up. And a hunter, just like your father."

"Why wouldn't she come see me in the past? Why couldn't she?" She felt tears forcing their way out of her eyes.

Lucas walked towards her and comfortingly rested his hand on her shoulders. "She wanted to meet you so much, Laila. She did. But she had to do the right thing for everyone she loves."

"What is so right to her that she couldn't even see me once? Just once?" That did it. Tears were rolling uncontrollably down her eyes.

Lucas shook her gently as he stared into her eyes. "Believe me when I say this, Laila. She did it for you. Especially you. But it is against the rules -" he stopped himself from saying any further.

Delilah turned to look at him. "Rules?" she asked but Lucas was already walking away from her. "What rules?" she called out and Lucas stopped on his tracks, turning to face her.

"I believe I have said too much. It is best I go," he looked into her eyes again. "Goodbye Laila. Til we see each other again somewhere."

He turned to walk away towards the dark. "Wait! You can't just go like that!" she called out.

"Our dad has always been the type to not give us all the answers either," Gary said, scratching his head.

Mandi nodded in agreement. "That's daddy to you. Always riddles - never answers. He just loves it when we worked for the answers." She smiled at Delilah with encouragement. "You just have to look for the answers. It might be right in front of you without you realizing it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Lucas wasn't much of a help, was he? D:
I hope you like this chapter! I'm posting the next one tomorrow!