I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

Rejection

"I'm sick with this job!" Dean was kicking the ground as Delilah walked towards them. When Dean noticed that, he stopped kicking and slipped his hands into his jean's pocket, clearing his throat.

Sam turned to look at her before looking at the warehouse. "Any luck getting what we need?" Delilah shook her head in response. She didn't feel like talking. Not after crying for a few minutes after the other three strangers left the warehouse. Sam must have realized it too so he looked at Dean. "I think we should get some rest - you know. Get some sleep and start looking for new clues tomorrow or something."

Dean nodded his head in agreement. Delilah nodded her head and got into her Plymouth. She turned on the ignition without any response from her car. She tried again but to no avail. "Damnit!" She cursed, slamming the bottom of both her fists on the steering wheel. She took the keys and her bag with her and got out of the car before she started walking towards the road.

"Where're you going?" Dean asked.

"I'm walking home, where does it look like I'm going?" She spat with sarcasm, stopping on her tracks, looking at them.

"Sam can take you home," Dean said, pointing to Sam causing the latter to look at his older brother with surprise. "I'll fix your car."

"I can walk," Delilah said stubbornly and started walking again. She heard footsteps running towards her and after a moment, someone grabbed her arms, causing her to stop on her tracks. She turned to glare at Dean. "What the hell?" she snarled, yanking herself away from him. But he wasn't letting go.

"Let me go! Let me go! Let me go!" she screamed, causing her to start a fit.

"Listen to me!" he yelled with sudden force as he grabbed both her hands and pulled her towards him. It was impossible for her to move anymore. She was simply staring into his eyes. "Sam is going to take you home in the Impala and I'll stay to fix your car. You're going to go home and rest. You hear me?"

Slowly, she nodded her head. She didn't know what came over her. He seemed to care. "Now. I'm going to let go. Don't throw fits, okay?" he slowly let her go and she quickly walked towards Sam and the Impala, getting into the shotgun seat.

Sam took the driver's seat and started to drive off. Delilah couldn't help but to look at Dean through the rearview mirror who was standing and watching them drove off.

::::::

They were finally by the roadside outside the tall building. She turned to look at Sam. "Thanks," she mumbled as Sam smiled in return.

"No problem," he said. She got out of the car. "I'll see you tomorrow," Sam added and she nodded her head, closing the door. Sam waved and drove off. She watched for the car to disappear from her sight before starting to make her way into the building and into the elevator, pressing the number 8. She stared into space and after a moment, the door to the elevator opened and she got out. She reached for her keys, opening the door.

She got inside her apartment and shut the door close. She walked straight towards her room, not bothering to switch the other lights on. But as soon as she got into her bedroom, she switched the light on. She turned around and jumped from shock. There, by the window, stood Castiel with his hands behind his back. "You frightened me," she said, throwing her keys on her bed.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking at her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, eyeing him as he walked towards her.

"I'm sorry he couldn't tell you a thing about your mother," he added more words. She looked at him and raised an eyebrow. She started laughing to herself as she walked towards a mini-fridge located above her study-desk and took out a bottle of beer - a habit she would do whenever she's stressed.

"Now how would you know that?" she asked, downing the bottle as fast as she could.

"You shouldn't be drinking in this condition," the angel had concern in his eyes.

"I'm a big girl, Cas. I'll be fine," she could feel the alcohol taking in its effect. She started drinking again before falling on her knees and started crying. "I'll be fine." she cried.

The angel looked at the human, the emotions he was feeling now felt so odd for him. He could feel confusion at the funny human. She was crying and yet, she had claim to be fine. At the same time, he felt himself worry about her. She seem so fragile. And then, there was this other feeling he couldn't describe. It felt weird.

He heard the human girl sniffling mumbling something about her being stupid. He looked down at her on her knees. "God is always there, Laila. He's always watching over you just like the angels are," he said, not knowing whether to move towards her or stay on the spot he's standing on.

"If he was, why does my life suck?" she looked up at him with puffy red eyes.

"He works in mysterious ways," he would say. But after staying on Earth for a few months, he couldn't bring himself to say it anymore.

Instead, he walked towards her and knelt down, holding her shoulders gently. "It'll be okay," he looked into her eyes. "I promise."

Delilah snorted. "That's what you said the other time." That caused the angel to smile in response. She looked at the angel. "Are you my guardian angel?"

He looked at her, his eyes widened for a moment. Slowly, he shook his head. "No. I'm not."

She didn't know what came into her but she got closer to him and kissed his lips. His dry lips. She could feel him froze for a moment before he started kissing her back. It felt good. She reached out for his face and started to kiss him fiercely. To her amazement, he kissed her back, fiercer than she was. She felt him smile through the kiss. It was perfect. She didn't want the kiss to ever end.

Perhaps, she had thought of it too soon. The angel stopped and quickly pulled away, taking huge steps backwards, his eyes wide with fear. She looked at him, hurt. "I'm sorry," he turned to look away. "This is not right. We're not right," he looked back at her before he disappeared leaving a quick gust of wind sweeping past her face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awwwww... Poor Laila.
comments are appreciated!