I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

The Misunderstanding

Delilah opened her eyes and immediately, her head started to throb wildly. She turned to look at the clock on the side table next to her bed and realized that she was late for her job for an hour. She sat up curtly, ignoring the migraine that was starting to make her feel like she could die anytime soon.

As soon as she reached out for her cellphone, she speed-dialled for Daniel. After a few rings, "Hello?" Daniel answered.

"Oh my god, Dan. I just woke up," Delilah was freaking as she put him on loudspeaker while changing her clothes. Daniel laughed through the other side of the phone. "I don't see the need to laugh, Dan. I am never late for work!"

"Relax, Laila. They've got Dean to cover for you for the day," Daniel said.

"Dean?" Delilah repeated as though she had not heard the name before.

"Yeah, the relief guy -"

"I know who Dean is," Delilah snapped with irritation though she felt horrible about it a second later.

"He told me you had a rough night," Daniel started.

"Did he, now?" she tried to not be angry at Daniel. He wasn't the one she was irritated with. Why the hell would he go around telling everyone about my problem? Does he have a death wish or something?

"Yeah. He seem to care a lot about you too," Daniel joked.

She snorted. "Urgh. Please. He would never like me. We're total opposites." She didn't want to talk about the jackass anymore, so she took her black messenger bag and started to leave her apartment. "I'm on my way to school now."

::::

"Are you okay, D?" my colleagues had started to ask her as soon as she got into the teacher's lounge.

"I'm fine," she had faked a smile. "Just family crisis," she wasn't telling the truth. But she wasn't telling a lie either.

"How are you feeling, Lay-lee?" Daniel walked up towards her with a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Never been better," she faked a smile again as she looked around the teacher's lounge for the jackass. "Have you seen Dean?"

Daniel shook his head. "Are you free later in the evening? Some of us are planning to watch this great flick that just came out."

"Uhm," she said, uncertain as her eyes kept scanning the place. "Sure, why not?"

This whole hunting business needs some rest for it too. Might as well take the time to spend it with friends - since the world would end soon anyway.

Daniel grinned. "Great. Usual place at 7?" She nodded her head as Daniel gave her one small smile before walking out of the lounge.

That was where she spotted Dean outside the teacher's lounge alone so she stomped her way towards him. He saw her coming towards him so he gave his big goofy grin. "Hey, I've fixed your c-"

"What the hell were you thinking about telling everyone my problems?" she hissed, pulling him to a corner where no one could hear a word they say. Confusion and hurt replaced the grin he had a few moments ago.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, his green eyes confused.

"You know what I'm talking about. Daniel told me. You and your brother are the only ones who knew about my family problems. How could you go around telling everyone about it when I didn't turn up for work?"

"I guess it never pays to be kind to relief some of your classes, huh?" Dean answered with sudden venom as he glared at her.

She frowned. "Stop pretending to be so innocent."

"I'm not," he replied.

She didn't know what else she could say so they glared at each other for a few seconds. "If that is all, I should get going." Dean said as he walked away, not turning to look at her once.

Fancy him trying to be the innocent one, she thought with anger as she went into the teacher's lounge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I apologize for the EXTREMELY late entry! I've had a major writer's block for this story but now, I kind of know where I want this story to go!

This one goes out to my SPN bestie, BloodxRedxRidinghood! Thanks for your support, hon!