I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

Deaths In The Other Town

Dean slammed the steering wheel of his beloved Impala, cursing as he done so. "What the hell did I ever do to her?" he mumbled to himself, massaging the bridge of his nose.

And she wasn't even interested in me!

Someone knocked on the window, startling him. He turned to see Sam holding a few pieces of paper with an expression on his face that couldn't be described. Dean got out of the Impala. "What's up?" Dean asked, a little worried about Sam's expression.

"There had been reports in the increasing deaths in the next town. This guy, David Shores is arrested for killing his girlfriend. John Spade, a friend of the girlfriend claims that the two were only hanging out when David attacked the both of them with an empty beer bottle," Sam paused and Dean kept staring at him.

"That's not really our kind of job, Sammy," Dean breath a sigh of relief - not understanding what his brother was so anxious about.

"Apparantly," Sam ignored Dean's words, "David refused to believe that he had killed his girlfriend. He says that he felt jealousy took over him and that was it," Sam looked up from the paper. "Does it sound familiar to you?"

"Yeah, it sounds familiar," Dean nodded his head. "It happens a few times on TV. And sometimes, it does happen in real life."

Sam was about to argue but Dean added, "People argue all the time, Sammy. It's not our job to find out why he killed her."

Sam shook his head pushing a few sheets of paper onto his older brother's chest. "A musician, a Brian Haner, is also arrested because he is a murder suspect. The manager of his band was murdered the night before and Brian was the last person to be seen with him."

Dean shook his head, not understanding where his brother was going with the conversation.

"Can we at least check it out to make sure that this isn't anything supernatural?" Sam asked, almost begging.

"What about the black box, huh? Cas said that the girl and the box should be our first priority."

"It'll only take us a day or two," Sam argued.

Dean stood perfectly still as he thought about it. Then he shook his head. "If we want to go to the next town, we would have to bring the girl with us."

Sam stared at his older brother in disbelief.

"What?" Dean snapped, flushing red a little.

"You like her," Sam said as-a-matter-of-factly.

"What?" Dean half-laughed, half-scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous." Dean paused, taking in a moment to think about his brother's words. "That is the most absurd thing I've ever heard in my life."

Sam didn't reply. He simply gave his brother a goofy grin.

"Stop it," Dean warned him, feeling his face burn a little. "Besides, she's crazy." Furrowing his eyebrow, Dean walked back into the school, in search for Delilah.

:::

The door to the teacher's longue creaked open and Delilah could see Dean walking towards her table. She stood up, walking past him just as he was about to speak. She was in the kitchen part of the office and she poured the jug of coffee into her cup before taking a few sips from it.

"We need to talk," Dean was suddenly behind her and she jumped a little.

"There's nothing to talk about," she replied, walking over to the sink.

"I'm not talking about what happened just now," Dean snapped. "I'm not even going to apologize to something that I did not do. But something's come up."

That caught her attention. She paused and turned to look at him. "The box?" she asked but he shook his head. She sighed in irritation as she looked away.

"Sam thinks there might be something happening in the next town. Two deaths - as far as I know," Dean looked at the ceiling as he thought about the conversation he had with his brother. "Both of which, the suspects claims to be innocent."

"That's not exactly our cup of tea," Delilah answered.

"That's what I told him. But he's usually right with his suspicions," Dean tried to say.

"What do I have to do with this then?" she asked, not understanding why he was telling her all of this. She looked up at Dean. "Are you trying to make me go with you?"

When Dean scratched the back of his neck, she chuckled. "No way. I have to find the box. But I hope you have fun though." She walked out of the kitchen part of the office.

Back at her table, she watched as Dean walked out of the office, leaving her all alone - literally speaking. Everyone was in their class teaching.

"You need to go with him," a voice startled her, causing her to turn around, a silver knife in her hand. Slowly, she lowered her knife when she realized that it was the angel.

"No," she said stubbornly, keeping the knife. She started reading an essay one of her students had handed in. It was insane to go against a messenger of the Lord, she knew that. But she isn't going to go do a job with the asshole and his nice kid brother. No one was going to make her do it.

"Laila," the angel's voice soothed her, causing her to look into his blue eyes. "We are working on finding the box. You have to go with the brothers because only you can stop what's happening in the next town."

She glared at him, not believing the angel. He was making it look as though nothing happened between them last night.

"Nothing happened last night," Castiel said, looking out the window, his hands behind his back.

"Whatever," was her reply as she stood up, taking her purse and walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated. Criticisms are also welcomed.