I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

The Mysterious Man

Image

Delilah walked into the room and sat down on the bed closest to the door without looking up. She was still angry and hurt by her dad's action. How could he have done that after she left?

"She looks unhappy. What is the matter?" an unfamiliar voice questioned.

"Long story," Dean replied and footsteps echoed the room. "What've you got?"

"I went to question Alice again about the usual stuffs and she actually remembered that they went to this bar called Forbidden," Sam explained.

Delilah looked up to see Dean frowning. "Sounds scary, Sammy," he paused causing Sam to glare at Dean. "Really." - he added with more sarcasm.

"Just listen first, okay?" Sam snapped.

"Apparantly, there was another customer there, who was telling them about this black box that he needed to find. Said it has something to do with the end of the world," Sam looked at Delilah who raised her eyebrows. End of the world? Apocolypse? Pfft.

That was when she realized a figure standing at the corner of the room. When she turned, it was a guy in his late-twenties. He was wearing a white-buttoned up blouse, a black tie, a black suit and a beige trenchcoat over all those layers. And he was watching her every move.

She quickly looked away - scared of his mysterious gaze - and she gulped, hoping to shove the uneasy feeling away.

" - We have to go to the bar and ask anyone if they've seen Sandra or Alice and then ask them if they can remember who was speaking to them," Dean suggested.

"Why can't we ask Alice instead?" Delilah asked causing Dean to stare at her with an annoyed expression. "What?" she defended herself.

"Did you even listen to what we were talking about?" Dean sighed when Delilah shook her head. "Alice couldn't remember what he looked like."

She formed an o shape with her lips before forcing herself to look at the mysterious man at the corner of the room. When he saw that she was looking at him, he quickly looked away.

He started walking towards the Winchester boys and said in a gruffy voice, "You need to hurry. Time is running out. Lilith would get her hands on that next seal if we cannot find the man we seek."

Delilah raised both her eyebrows again. Where'd this guy come from? The Shakesphere era?

"There's three bars alone in this town. Lord knows where we should head to first," Dean mumbled and the mysterious man seem to glare at him.

"Do not use the Lord's name in vain," the latter hissed.

"Fine," Dean corrected himself, "Hell knows where we should head to first." Dean turned to the man and said, "Happy?"

The mysterious man just kept looking at Dean with an annoyed expression. "Why don't we split up?" Delilah suggested.

"How exactly do we do that? Sammy and me, we can go to a bar alone. You're a lady and you could get -" Delilah gave Dean the death glare causing the latter to stop talking.

"F.Y.I, I've been hunting demons all my life. I don't need any boys to protect me," she spat causing Dean to raise his hands in a surrender mode.

"How about I go with you to a bar, Sam could go to another bar and Cas, you can -" Dean stopped talking when the mysterious guy named Cas shook his head. "What's wrong now?" Dean frowned with an annoyed tone.

"I cannot get involved this way, Dean. It is against the rules - "

"Screw the damned rule. Chuckles broke the rules by killing angels, Anna ripped out her grace to become human. Why can't you break the rules?" Dean interrupted.

Delilah gasped silently. Angels? For real?

"Do not think more of it," Cas looked away, his eyes showing a little hint of regret. He turned to look at Delilah before adding, "I will watch over her."

Delilah opened her mouth. "Excuse me, who do you think you are?" she finally mustered up the courage to speak to Cas.

Cas turned to look at her with an emotionless face. "This is Castiel -"

"An Angel?" Delilah interrupted Sam. Cas nodded his head once in a curt manner.

She stared at the angel. She's never seen any before - it's strange that they actually looked like humans.

"We need to hurry," Castiel said as he stood by the door. That was weird, one moment he was near the Winchesters, the next, he was by the door.

"Good luck talking to an angel who gives you nothing but riddles," Dean whispered into Delilah's ears causing her to blush.

Sam gave a quick smile before following his brother's trail out the door. Castiel was still by the door, looking at her - his gaze pushing her to move quickly.

She did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated! :D