I Don't Want a Halo, I Just Want Your Love

Mind-Reading

Image

Delilah opened her eyes and stretched her arms with a big yawn. She realized that Dean wasn't in his bed. She felt a presence by the window, so she quickly turned, her hand sliding under her pillow to reach for a silver knife. When she saw it was Castiel by the window, she relaxed. He was simply just staring at her the whole time.

"Can you not do that?" she asked as she got out of bed. As soon as she said that, he turned to look out the window. "Where's the others?" she asked.

"Out," the angel replied, putting his hand behind his back.

"What are you doing here?" she asked again, causing the angel to tense a little.

"It doesn't matter," he turned and his blue eyes pierced into hers. "Not for now," he added.

The sound of the door creaked open and Delilah had to look. Dean came into the room with two cups of coffee and a box of donuts."Good morning, sunshine!" Dean greeted with a huge grin on his face.

When she turned to look at Castiel, he was gone. She frowned. "Somethin' wrong?" Dean interrupted her thought as he followed her gaze to the now-empty spot.

She shook the head as she took the coffee from his hand and sat down. The door creaked open again, this time, Sam came in with a huge yawn. "Where's Ruby?" Dean asked, as he took a sip from his coffee.

"She said she had to look into something," Sam said, looking at Dean's coffee. "Hey, did you get some for me?" he asked, pointing to the coffee.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Is this yours?" Delilah asked standing up with the coffee on her hand.

"No, no, no. That's your coffee. I bought that for you," Dean put out his hand to stop her from giving the coffee to Sam.

Sam frowned and gave his brother an odd look. Dean simply smiled and said, "Sorry dude. I thought you'd be out with Ruby so I didn't get you any."

"I better get going. I need to clean up before we could continue investigating," Delilah said and walked out the door after a goodbye wave.

Sam nodded his head and pointed to the donuts. "They're ours right?" He asked.

Dean gave an impish grin and shook his head. "Nope," he took the box and walked away. "They're for me."

::::

After she cleaned herself up and got into a normal black tee with grey denims and brown boots, she took her messenger bag and left her apartment.

While she was driving back to the motel the Winchesters were staying at, all she could think about was everything that has been happening for the past few days.

The strange dreams, the bar that turned out to be real and that angels actually exist. If she was a normal person, she'd think she's gone insane. But coming from a background of hunters, the things normal people find 'insane' isn't really insane at all. She's brought up to believe that nothing could ever be weird or not real.

Now that angels have appeared to be with humankind - there has to be a reason why. It couldn't possibly be the fact that they are walking among them just for kicks. Something major must be happening. She could feel it in her guts.

Someone tapped onto her side of the car's window causing her to jump in surprise. When she turned, she realized that she was already parked in front of the motel and that Dean was standing by her window giving her a worried expression.

Turning the ignition off, she got out of her Plymouth and rested her back against it, folding her arms. "You okay?" Dean asked as Sam walked up next to them, his brow furrowed.

"Actually," she thought about it. "No."

Dean's lips formed an O as the brothers turned to look at each other with a confused look. Since Delilah wasn't going to continue with her 'problem', Dean decided to ask. "Are you going to tell us what's bugging you or can we continue with where we left off yesterday?"

"I've a question," she straightened herself, putting her hands in the pockets of her denim. "Why are the angels here?" She shifted her gaze back and forth to both Sam and Dean. Dean cleared his throat softly as he turned to look at his brother for assistance. "I mean, why now?" She added.

Dean was about to open his mouth when they heard footsteps walking towards them. When they turned, they saw the angels walking towards them. "We are running out of time," Castiel said, looking at every single one of them.

Both Sam and Dean quickly nodded their heads as Sam walked towards their Impala and turned the ignition on. Dean stood in between her and the angel with an odd expression. "I'll explain everything to her," the angel turned to look at Dean with an emotionless look.

Dean frowned before nodding his head. "Wait, what are we going to do?" Delilah asked before Dean could walk away.

"Me and Sam," Dean pointed to him and then to Sam who was waiting in the car, "We're going to keep investigating the bars a little. Search for that weird guy who's been asking if anyone had seen a black box. There was another death on a student in another school who encountered the same strange guy. At least, that's what her friend told me."

"What about me?" She asked, resting her arms on her hips. That was when Dean turned to look at the angel. So she couldn't help but to turn to look at him again.

The angel however, was busy looking up into the sky as if he was listening to voice that only the angels would hear. After a second, she saw that he frowned a little. "Cas?" Dean called out and the angel turned to look at them.

"You need to find that black box as soon as possible. More time are wasted by talking," he turned to look at Delilah and his tensed face seemed to relax. "We need to get you to a place where we can search for that box with your help."

Dean nodded his head and quicklu rushed towards the Impala. Delilah got into her car but by the time she was in, Castiel was already sitting on the shotgun seat. "Where exactly do I go?" She asked, not daring to look at the angel.

"I will lead the way," he replied and without any other questions or exhanged words, they drove off.

:::::

"What exactly are we going to do here if we are going to search for that black box?" Delilah asked as she parked her car somewhere uphill - that was known for two people to romance.

When she turned to look at him, she realized that he was gazing deep into her eyes as if he wanted to tell her something. Instead, he said, "You have been having strange dreams that are actually events that has happened in your past." He paused as if he was letting her take the information in. "We believe that if we can penetrate into your mind to that day, we might know where the box is."

The word penetrate caused her to frown. What is she - an experiment?

"Why can't you just do your mind reading thing?" she asked, causing the angel to tilt his head to the side a little with a confused expression. "I mean, aren't you guys supposed to be all-knowing?" she raised her eyebrow as she asked innocently.

Either her face expression caused him to smile a little, or it could be the fact that she was asking him the most dumbest question ever.

"I tried that when we were in your car yesterday," he looked at her, "when you were telling me about the dreams. But," he shook his head. "Something seems to be preventing me from getting the information we need."

She stared at her steering wheel. "Would this be any different? Would it hurt?" she asked. She felt his hand rest on her shoulder, causing her to look up at him.

"It wouldn't," he looked into her eyes before adding the two words that made her feel safe and protected, "I promise."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long! I promise that I would work on it right after I post this chapter up :) Please comment, that would be sweet!

Dedicated to: BloodxRedxRidinghood :))