Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

One

15 year old Ashley Park's stood outside of her front door, not sure if she wanted to go in. It's sad that she can't even go into her own house without having to worry about what's on the other side. If her dad will be drunk, if he'll be home at all, if her parents were fighting again. It seemed like her whole life was just falling apart. Ashley took a deep breathe before opening the door cautiously. She would never forget the time she opened the door too fast, scared her dad, then got beaten and thrown inside a closet for two days. To her surprise, no one was home. Thank god. She closed the door and ran up the stairs to her room.

Her room wasn't like your average teenagers bedroom. The wall's were painted black, with Evanescence and Disturbed posters covering them. There was a black light and her bed had her little poems and sketches written all over. She flopped down on the bed, glad to be home after another day of hell. Which when you really thought about it, she was still in it. She sat up abruptly when she heard the front door slam. She waited, hoping it was just her brother. No such luck.

"Dammit Amy how many fucking times have I told you not to talk to the neighbor!", her father's voice boomed out in the silence.

"He's our neighbor!", her mother's voice screamed back. "How the fuck can I not talk to him?".

There was a long pause. "Your cheating on me, aren't you?! Aren't you!", he accused.

"No Frank I would never-"
"Yes you are you fucking whore!", he cut her off.

The next thing Ashley heard was the sound of glass smashing and a cry from her mother.

Not being able to control herself any longer, she jumped up and ran to the top of the stairs. She saw her mother laying on the floor, rocking back and forth, her face covered in blood. Fighting the urge to go help her, she just stood there. Her dad came back into the room and noticed her.

"What the fuck are you looking at!", he screamed at her.

"N-nothing"

Taking a step toward her he yelled "Well you better disappear from my sight in the next 2 seconds or else I'm going to do that to you, but 10 times worse!"

She didn't need to be told twice. She ran straight into her room shutting the door and walking over to a spot below the window. At first it just looked like a blank wall, but then she opened it, taking something out and putting it in her pocket before going into the bathroom, refusing to take whatever it was out of her sleeve because after all, the best thing's in a teenager's bedroom are the thing's you can't see.
♠ ♠ ♠
like it? love it? hate it?
leave me comments and tell me.
i will probably be updating this more often then my Ryden story, this one is just so much easier for me to write.