Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

Thirteen

Ashley stumbled out of her house, glad that she had gotten out of there, but worried about where to go next. She reached up to wipe the tears off her face, and saw blood when she pulled her hand back. Well, that was enough to make her burst into tears again. She walked a few blocks until she finally found an alley.

Sitting down on the steps that she assumed led inside to a bar, she picked up a piece of broken glass and examined her face. There was blood dripping from her forehead and a huge purple bruise on her left eye. As she lowered the glass, she stared at it for a moment before, not being able to control herself, pulling up her sleeve and dragging it across her arm. A single tear slid down her cheek as a fresh cut opened up and blood began running down her arm. She let the glass drop to the ground as she clutched her arm.

After about 20 minutes, she got up and began walking downtown. She went inside the first gas station she saw and immediately head to the bathroom to wash her face. When she was done, she left and walked across the street to Walmart. People stared at her as she walked through the aisles, but she didn't care. She was growing used to it by now and just ignored them.

As she was standing there, staring at the racks of clothes, she suddenly realized she couldn't go home. No, not after this. She was going to have to find her own methods of surviving. Grabbing a large bag off the wall, she ripped off the tags and started carrying it like it was her own. She then went and picked out 3 pairs of jeans and 5 shirts. She went into the dressing room and ripped the tags off, putting it in her mouth until the bar code came off.

As she stuffed the clothes into her bag, a sense of guilt struck her, she hated to steal, but what else was she supposed to do? She had no possessions and she wasn't going back there for shit. As she was about to leave the store, she grabbed a bottle of water and a box of cookies and stuffed that in the bag too. She held her breathe as she passed the security detectors and let it out when it didn't go off.

She stood by the road, debating on what to do next. She reached into her pockets and realized she had 3 dollars plus some change there. So she went into Dollar General and bought a notebook, jacking a pen from the counter as she walked buy.

Looking at her watch, she realized it was only 12:15. She still had nowhere to go, until a thought crossed her mind. The Valley, of course. She picked up her pace, walking there as fast as she could. She would go there. Where she could be alone, where no one would hit her, no one would bother her. It was the perfect place.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh, i'm not sure if i like this chapter