Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

Eighteen

Over the next couple months Ashley managed to find complete happiness. No one messed with her at school anymore, and she even became good friends with a new girl named Joy and her boyfriend, Mason. Joy and her mom had moved here to get away from her dad, who was a cocaine addict. Mason lived a few towns over and they had met on the internet. Her sixteenth birthday was coming up along with her and Dylan's 6 month anniversary. Dylan's dad had lost the custody battle over him and Evan. Everything was just perfect. Too perfect it seemed.

On a Tuesday in the middle of April, Ashley was walking home by herself. Dylan had to work at his new job, a pizza place downtown and Joy and Mason were busy. She pulled out her I-pod and Scream by Avenged Sevenfold came on. She was singing to herself, walking down the sidewalk, when a car pulled up next to her. She looked over and realized, in horror and shock, that it was her dad. She turned her I-pod off and took her ear phones out.

"What the fuck do you want?" She asked him

"To know where the fuck you have been for four months and what the fuck you think your doing"

Ashley looked right at him and said "You don't deserve to know shit"

He turned off the car and got out. Normally, she would have backed away or ran, but she just looked at him.

He shoved her roughly and she fell onto the sidewalk. Before she could get up he pinned her down with her arms above her head.

"What the fuck are you gonna do now little girl" He screamed into her face

She struggled against him before falling back. " You deserve to die." She told him

Surprising herself, she kicked him between the legs and she released his grip on her, falling over. "You have made my life a living hell. I want nothing to do with you" She picked her things up and walked away, not taking a glance back. To her surprise, he let her.

She didn't know why, but she was dying for a cigarette, alcohol, drugs, anything that would fuck her up. She went to a nearby payphone and called Mason, he smoked pot, maybe he'd know someone. He gave her this girls number who lived a couple blocks away. She agreed to give her some pot for cheap. Ashley walked over to the girls house and made the trade. She then went back to Dylan's, where no one was at home, and locked herself in his room.

She sat there for hours, smoking and staring at the ceiling. Pot calmed her down for some reason. She wanted more, but it was all gone. She also felt horny and couldn't wait for Dylan to come home. Checking her watch, she realized he should be there any moment. She got completely naked and slid under the covers. She heard the door open and then close.

"Ashley?" He called. She was usually sitting in the living room or kitchen when he got home.

"In here" She answered.

He walked in and she pulled the covers back. He stared at her for a moment before taking his shoes off and climbing on top of her. She grabbed him and kissed him, hard. He kissed her back just as passionately, but stopped all of a sudden.

He climbed off of her. "Have you been smoking weed?"

She didn't answer him. He got in her face "Have you!"

"Yes" she whispered

"Why?" He asked her

She told him about what had happend with her dad. "I guess I felt like I should do something crazy. I don't know why I did it. I'm sorry. I'm not high anymore"

He stared at her for a long moment before grabbing her and kissing her like he never had before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sucks:/