Status: Completed, sequel "Memories From Cherry Street" out!

Somebody Save Me From This Thing I Call My Life

Twenty- Three

Ashley stood in her room, getting one last glimpse of it. She had her shit packed and was ready to get the hell out of there. She wonders what will happen when her parents find the note. Will they put missing child posters up? or will they just throw the note away and go on with their lives as if it never happend? She never knew what to expect from her family. She shakes her head and picks up her heavy duffle bag, slinging it over her shoulder. "God this is so heavy" She mumbles to herself.

She had attempted to pack lightly, taking only a few clothing and hygeine items along with some food she found from her dads secret stash. She also picks up her tiny messenger bag and slings it over her shoulder before tucking her cash safely away in her bra. She had always made fun of people who carried their money in their bra, but it suddenly made perfect sense to her. What if she got mugged or something? "Oh god what if I do get mugged? What if I get raped or killed?" Bad thoughts and images of what could happen to her flash through her brain and she considers staying for a moment.

No, she can't do it. She can't stay here and continue to get treated like shit. She can't be pushed around, degraded, hurt, and abused anymore. A good life like you see in the movies was just not meant to happen to some people, and she was one of those people. Ashley shuts off her bedroom light and closes the door behind her, slowly walking to her parents room and turning the light on. She finds an old receipt on the nightstand and takes a pen from her bag. Her hand hovers over the paper, pondering what to write. She scribbles something down and puts the note on the bed. It reads "Mom, I can't do this anymore. Dylan's mom kicked me out and I can't stay here. I can't be hurt anymore. Don't worry, you will never here from me again"

She feels awful for leaving her mom here, but her mom would never understand. Her mom would never peck up the courage to leave her father behind and as much as she hated to say it, she didn't want a damn thing to do with her mom as long as she was still living under the same roof as her dad. She starts to tear up at the thought of never seeing her mom again, but instead gets up and leaves the room, walking downstairs.

Aiden is laying on the couch playing Black Ops. "Hey I just wanted to say bye" He jumps, startled at her voice. He stands up and comes over to her. He touches her shoulder and Ashley jumps back. What the fuck is he doing? He got his sex, now he just needs to leave her alone. "Will you quit it? I just want to give you a hug" He says. She reluctanly lets him, stifly hanging her arms at her sides. He releases her and goes back to his video game. She closes the door behind her and starts quickly walking to the bus station. It's almost six o'clock and the buses stop running at seven.

She makes it to the bus station by six thirty and looks around for somewhere to buy tickets. She finds the ticket booth and waits in line for what seems like an eternity. How fucking hard is it to purchase a ticket and walk away? It's finally her turn. "How much for a ticket to Vegas?" She asks the vendor. She had decided to go to Vegas. It was pretty far away and no one would ever think to look for her there and besides, if they did, they probably wouldn't find her in a town like that. The vendor gives her a weird look. "That will be one hundred and fifty dollars" Fuck. For one ticket? Prices were ridiculous these days. She sighs and hands over the money. The vendor hands her the ticket and she walks away, in search of her bus number.

She locates the bus and gets on, taking a seat at the very back. It's so hot and the bus smells like stale feet. More people start to board and she feels uncomfortable. "What the fuck am I doing? Should I get off?" She ponders to herself. Her thoughts suddenly drift to Dylan. He tried so hard to help her. He gave her love, friendship, a warm home to stay in, but it still wasn't enough in the end. He probably didn't even care about her anyways. He probably hates her. She wouldn't blame him if he did, not after her leaving like this.

The doors to the bus shut and instead of leaving she looks out the window at the life she's leaving behind. The bus starts moving and she continues to stare out the window, thinking about the life she is going to gain. She just wants to forget about everyone she has ever known in her life and start over. She couldn't wait to get to Vegas, where her slate would be clean and there were so many people to meet. The bus pulls away and the bus station is no longer visible in the distance. She smiles and closes her eyes, excited to get to her new home.

After all, no one could ever save her from this thing called her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh so I have finally finished my story after two years!
Be sure to read the sequel that is coming very sooon!