Rennie And Jaya

Chapter One

It was soon to be new year.
Fireworks were beginning to crackle all around the sky, lighting up the city. Youths stood in huddles, waiting in a queue to enter the most popular nightclubs in town, ready to have the time of their life, and celebrate the new year. There were all the usuals, children of only thirteen standing in high heels, quite obviously far too young to be let in, many other adoloscents, ranging from around fifteen to twenty years old, dressed as sluttishly as is humanly possible, but they all shared something in common, and that was eagerness.

But for one girl, a sixteen year old, called Rennie, it was a painful night. She was not like the others, she was not nearly as ardent to go in, as a matter of fact, she was as unenthuastic as anyone could be.
"Come on Ren's! This is meant to cheer you up!" her best friend, Emilia, called out, putting an arm round her,
"Tonight you can forget about Aurelia. You can just have fun, with us! Come on, cheer up!" they all encouraged, but Rennie had to force a smile. She had only just split up with her girfriend, Aurelia, after she made a vow of chastity to her God. She was not happy, and as the queue grew even shorter, she started to panic.
"Oi!" She whispered "They're never gonna let us in, you know that!" She said this only to persuade them to leave, but they wouldn't budge. Before she knew it, they were at the doors, facing the guards. She tried to get away.

"Well, well, well, guilty conscience, eh?" A guard named Gregory talked down to her.
Sampson, his fellow bouncer, shaked his head.
"Nah. They're old enough, let 'em in."
"Look at 'em! Barely ten, the lot!" they started arguing, but Sampson winked and let them in, much to Gregory's disgust.

The nightclub was nearly full. New year's eve, and the music was blasting at them through the speakers. Then Rennie got a premonition.

Tonight would be one to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Please? xXx