There's No Snow in Southern California

Chapter 14

A few months passed, and I was becoming more and more accustomed to California. Senior year of high school had started, and I had made more friends. But Raine and Kennedy were still my best friends here.

As for the whole Joe-Caleb situation... well let's just say I'm single now. Yep, single. I had called Caleb the next day and told him what I had done. He wasn't very happy. I told him that I didn't know if it would happen again, and we came to the conclusion to split. We're still good friends though. I usually talk to him about once a week.

And Joe... I'm kind of avoiding him. But I'm telling you, avoiding someone for a few months is hard. Maybe if he was a normal person it would be easier, but he is far from normal. And maybe if he wasn't my next door neighbor. And maybe if he didn't sing outside my window every night for a week after Caleb and I broke up. Yeah. See what I have to deal with?

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. I don't like to think about Caleb and Joe when I'm at school. Its a bad idea.

"Kaden! C'mon we're gonna be late for Government!" Kennedy shouted, grabbing my arm and dragging me towards the top floor. I groaned, I hate Government.

"Do we have to?" I asked, looking at her with puppy dog eyes. She rolled her eyes. "Please?"

She stopped and looked at me. "And what do you suggest we do?"

I smiled. I always have a plan for skipping school.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its so short and boring.
But! The next chapter starts some serious drama and the story really starts to unfold.
So stay tuned!
Leave a comment!
xoxo
Kristen