There's No Snow in Southern California

Chapter 2

Caleb and I walked hand-in-hand along the beach, the cool ocean water lapping against our feet. I was going to miss this, just being able to be around him. How was I supposed to go without seeing him, after living with seeing him everyday? This is going to be absolute torture.

Hailey had agreed to let us have some time to ourselves before we all met up and hung out on my last day here. I don't know quite what we were going to do, but it didn't really matter to me. Just as long as I can spend my last day with them. Jesus, I sound like I'm going to die tomorrow or something.

Caleb stopped in his tracks, looking down at me. He had left off the makeup today, and his hair was down, hidden under a hat. I always liked this look better than all his makeup and hair product. I wrapped my arms around his waist, resting my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. He sighed, and placed his chin on my head. We just stared out onto the ocean.

"I'm going to miss you, Kaden." He said quietly.

"I'm going to miss you, too. A lot." I answered. Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought. I can just feel the tears coming. I think he felt them coming too, for he started rubbing circles into my back.

"Shh, its alright, Kaden. Everything's going to be alright. Shh." He said softly into my ear.

"I love you, Caleb. I don't want to leave." I cried, hugging him tighter.

"I love you too, babe. But you do want to leave, and you have to. You know that. There will be more opportunites out there for you, you'll have a better shot at your dream. I'm not going to keep that from you." I sighed. He was right, as much as I hated to admit it.

"I know, but I don't want to leave you."

"You won't, babe. I'm still just going to be a phone call away, and its not like there isn't technology that can keep us in touch 24/7."

"I know, but its not the same." I sniffled, getting under control. I looked down at my cell phone, checking the time. "We should probably go meet up with Hailey."

XXX

"Kaden!" Hailey screamed, tackling me in a hug. This was our daily routine whenever we saw each other.

"Hailey!" I screamed, hugging her back.

"Hey Caleb. What are we going to do today?" Hailey asked, giving him a hug, too.

I shrugged. I just wanted to do something fun, but just like chill at the same time. Does that make sense?

We decided to just hang out around the city. It was pretty fun, actually. And I'm not just saying this because Boston is my home. Its an awesome city. We did a little shopping, and had lunch in one of the local shops. But too soon the day was over. I'm leaving for California tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow at this time, I'll be all the way across the country from the two people I loved most.
♠ ♠ ♠
so yeah.
sorry that this update is so late ]=
and that its kinda a crappy filler
butttt its going to be getting good soon
so dont give up on me!
leave a comment?
xoxo
kristen