There's No Snow in Southern California

Chapter 3

All boarding Flight 483 to California. Last call for Flight 483 to California.

I sighed, and stood up from my uncomfortable airport chair. This was it. In a few minutes I would board this plane and be gone from Massachusetts for forever. Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating, but still. Boston is my home. I don't want to leave it for Newport Beach.

Yes, I had found out where we were moving to. Right smack-dab in the middle of the O.C. I'm sure I'll fit right in with my "scene"-ish style of clothing and black hair.

I turned, looking out at the city of Boston the last time before I followed my parents onto the plane.

XXX

The plane ride had been terrifying, and way too long. There was so much turbulence I thought we were going to crash to our deaths. And I also was completely bored the entire time. I had finished my book a half and hour into it, and then my iPod died. The only thing I could do was watch some ridiculously cliched movie. And then when we were landing, the pilot decided that he didn't want to land smoothly, so he nearly smashed onto the runway.

"Kaden!" My mother said loudly to me, snapping me out of my reverie. I turned to face her, and noticed she had a rather annoyed look on her face.

"Give your father your bags." She said, gesturing to them as if I was deaf. Geez, what crawled up her ass today? I handed my dad the bags and he put them in the back of the taxi that was waiting for us.

"Get in." She said, bossily.

"I'm going, I'm going!" I replied, sliding into the back of the cab. Onto the new home! Joy.

We rode in the cab for a few minutes, before we turned onto a more private street with large, generic houses. No sorry, more like mansions. We pulled up to one of the bigger ones, and drove through the gate. Woah, hold on. This was our new house!? How the hell did we afford this? I mean, its not like we were insanely poor or anything, we were always able to afford everything, but this is insane!

"Like it?" My dad said, smirking at my gaping mouth.

"Yes! How could you afford it?!" I exclaimed, pressing my face to the window to look at it better. I hope they didn't use all of my college savings or anything.

"Well, we moved all the way out here for my promotion. So that came with a pretty hefty upgrade in pay." My father said. I nodded. My father was a very successful businessman. Don't ask me for his exact title, because I do not know it.

The taxi parked in front of the house, and I jumped out of it once it was completely stopped. I looked around and noticed I could see the neighbor's yard through the plants that lined the yard. I saw a guy, around my age, walking out of his house. He was pretty cute, not going to lie.

Maybe California wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for the lack of updates on this story, i get so caught up in my other one.
plus, i want this story to be really good, so i tend work longer on writing the chapters.
anyways, hope you like
=]
leave a comment!
xoxo
kristen