What a Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are

My Sunshine

After the show was over, everyone began to pile out, with the exception of the employees, but I stayed sitting on the front steps, listening to my ipod on shuffle and waiting for my ride, though not entirely expecting it. My grandparents were developing Alzheimer's and were most likely guaranteed to forget about me, and my sister might have picked me up if she wasn't staying the night with our cousin Aurora. It looked like I'd be sleeping over at Parker's once again.

It was eleven, and it was dark out, only slightly illuminated by the streetlights, but if I were blind, you could've fooled me. I wasn't hot or sweaty as a result of the show, but I felt warm. Somehow, there was sunshine all around me...

After the song I had been listening to ended, Sunshine by Matt Costa began to play. Smiling at the irony, I closed my eyes and listened attentively.

Sunshine, I'd really like to tell you, oh, my sunshine, even though your skies are blue, you're drying up my bed. How can I get any rest now? Sha-la-lala-la-lala-la-la.
Someday, you will get the best of me, oh, someday, probably when I'm old and grey. I'm lying in my bed, and I will soon be put to rest now.
I'm lying in my bed, and I will soon be put to rest now.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.
I'm lying in my bed, and I will soon be put to rest now.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh.
Sha-la-lala-la-la-la-la-a...


The sound of applause brought me back from my slumber, and when I opened my eyes, everyone that hadn't already left stood before me, bewildered for some apparent reason...

"Nice pipes," a girl I recognized from a show a few weeks ago as Lilea said, holding out her hand to me for a high five.

I was already blushing, but when I realized that I had just been singing out loud, I swiftly pushed through my audience and awkwardly maneuvered back inside, where the employees—Andre, Kody, and my best friend Parker—were gathering their things to leave.

"Serenity!" Parker exclaimed unenthusiastically when he saw me. "Your grandparents didn't come yet?"

"They're not going to," I reminded him. "I'm gonna crash at your place."

"Okay, no problem," he said.

"Just going to 'crash', are you?" Andre snickered, having overheard our conversation. He seemed to be obsessed with assuming that Parker and I were an item. We both had been denying it for the longest time—reason being it wasn't true!—but now I figured it would be best to play along.

"We're just going to have the kinkiest time, aren't we, love?" I asked Parker, nudging him in the side.

Parker wouldn't play along though; it made him uncomfortable. "Sure we are," he muttered, both laughing and blushing, and out we walked.

I had been looking for Gavin to commend him for the awesome show, and I finally found him—in the passenger's seat of a car that was already driving away. As the car lights were dimming, I could vaguely see him smiling at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd like to remind any readers that not everything happening in the story has necessarily occurred in real life. Actually, chances are, it didn't. And also, while a certain character might represent a real person, not every single attribute of theirs will necessarily match the person's.