What a Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are

III.

When the car was completely out of sight, I came back to Earth and heard Parker asking, "What are you looking at?"

I tried to tell him nothing, but he wouldn't buy it. "You're into Cristof, aren't you?" he asked, but it didn't sound as much like a question as some universally-known fact.

I cocked my head to one side. "Who's Cristof?"

He laughed. "You do know that, as your best friend, I can tell when you're lying?"

"Um, no, Parker, I really don't know who you're talking about."

"The bassist for Arming Venus." They had a bassist? I hardly noticed. I blinked, confused, and he added, "Oh, come on! Don't tell me you didn't see them!"

"I did, I just... wasn't paying attention to the bassist."

"Oh!" he exclaimed. "Too busy watching... the drummer?"

I shook my head.

"So, the singer."

I nodded.

"Really!"

Confused at Parker's surprise, my brow furrowed as I wondered how he could have missed our little episode during the show, but then I remembered that Parker, along with Andre and Kody and the rest of the staff, was working during Arming Venus, so he didn't get to see them play. But still, he had a chance to talk to all the members while they were off-stage, and he had been good friends with the guys in Arming Venus since they started playing here a few months ago. How was it that he hadn't found out?

"What are you looking at me that way for?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said again, but I could see on his face that he still wouldn't buy that response. "I just thought you would have heard..."

"Heard what?" he asked.

"About the show..." I said. "You're sure you didn't hear?"

"Something about Gavin? Well, someone was telling me some girl kissed him, and he asked for her phone number or something. But what does that have to do with you?"

"Parker, that was me."

"What was you?" Moments later, he got this look of awe upon his face. "Wait... you kissed him?"

"Yeah, I know... really unlike me. Just drop it, okay?"

"Sure," he muttered. After a few more seconds, he said, "So I heard it was all sloppy, and you licked him!"

I groaned and started walking ahead of him. "Sorry," he shouted, but I would have none of it.

Yet I continued to walk until my feet brought me to his basement couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
This will be it for a while.