What a Bunch of Fools We Lovers Are

IV.

"Gavin," I heard Parker murmur for what must have been the sixteenth time while we played one of his old video games, mindlessly shooting at each others' characters on the television screen.

Up until now, I had been ignoring him, pretending I was too absorbed in the game to pay attention to his comments. But this time, I asked, "Why is it so hard for you to believe?"

"I just didn't think he was your type," was Parker's response.

I dropped the controller and looked at him. "What do you know about my type?" I asked, and as he opened his mouth, I added, "And don't you give me any of that 'Rick' crap. That's over."

He set his controller down and said, "I wasn't going to, but... he was your type, you know."

I glared at him. "I don't care what he was. He used me."

Parker shook his head. "It doesn't matter anyway. He's moving, and you'll never see each other again."

Did he really mean that as a threat? "Good," I told him simply.

We studied each other for a few moments, then turned back to the screen where our characters were standing there, looking forward, totally oblivious to their surroundings because we were oblivious to them.

Parker and I chuckled and picked up our controllers to resume from where we left off, but I sent a bullet through his head without effort.

"What?" I asked, knowing something was up. Parker always at least put up a good fight before I took him out.

"It's just... what about him?"

My eyes narrowed again. "Do we have to talk about Rick? I had a pretty good day until—"

"No. Not Rick. Gavin."

Then my narrowed eyes widened. "What do you want me to tell you?"

"Just tell me why," he said. "You're right; I don't know the first thing about what your type is. Tell me what you like about him."

I lied back and closed my eyes, and I felt Parker lie down next to me.

"He has a phenomenal voice."

Parker agreed, "He is a pretty decent singer."

"Oh, even offstage," I said. "I love the way he speaks."

He leaned in closer. "What else?"

"Every move he makes is... is just..."

"Is just what?"

There was a silence, then I whispered, "Godly."

Parker didn't say anything more. I felt him turn away from me, felt the warmth from his body leave my side, but I couldn't do anything about it. I gave in to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end may seem a bit strange to you, and I'm not really sure about it either. While it is (or was) accurate for the real-life situation, it may not fit well into the story. Anyway, he didn't react that way because he's jealous in case you were unsure.

I'm posting up through eight or nine tonight because I really want Kelly to read the part where she comes into the story. So, sorry many of the early chapters suck. D: