Status: Complete (:

You're Attractive but Bitter

Dreaming

Dallas, Texas. I never thought my parents would bring me all the way here I mean I was doing fine in North Carolina. They said that it was for the best but I don’t think it is. Moving away isn’t easy but I never really told my parents I didn’t want to leave since I know that if I did tell them, they’d only get mad at me and tell me that it wasn’t my choice. I’m barely 18 but I’m practically old enough to say that I do have a choice but rebelling against my parents would never sink in to my mind. Maybe this is just the goody- goody inside of me but one thing that I have always learned to do was respect. That was practically what they taught me to do as a child and they’d physically and verbally abuse me if I don’t apply it when it is needed the most.

We arrived at a normal looking house beside a big garden filled with all kinds of green pastures and colorful flowers. It looked beautiful but that’s just not my thing. I got out of the car as soon as it stopped in the driveway. I got all my belongings from the back of the car and went in to the house to check the whole thing out.
As soon as I entered the house, I noticed that it had already been decorated and that there were resources and necessities inside already.

“Did you come here already?” I asked my mother as soon as she came in.

“This is where your father and I lived when we were young, Kate.” She said going up the stairs and finding her way into the familiar path.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you lived here before, Dad?” I asked him with the luggage in his hand.

“Because you never asked.” He said following my mother up the stairs they practically knew so well.

I can say that this house was at least twice as big as our old house and it was of much better quality. Everything seemed new and clean and as I looked around, I started to get comfortable with my surroundings. I carried my bags as I went up the stairs and placed it in a room which I guess was mine. I quickly unpacked all my things and placed them in their appropriate places. After doing that for about an hour or so, I lay down on my bed and tried to sleep. But it was as if I woke up so soon. But when I opened my eyes, I noticed I was in a sandbox and for some reason it seemed rather familiar to me. I played with the sand and when I looked at my hands, I noticed that they turned tiny. I turned tiny. I looked around to see who else could be in this oh so familiar place but saw no one. Well that was until I saw a little cute guy with brown hair and hazel brown eyes and suddenly, a name popped in to my head. “Caleb Turman”. He walked towards me with a smirk on his face and stopped when he was right in front of me. Since I was sitting down, I looked up at him as his eyebrows furrowed. I wondered why he was angry. I tried to ask him but all he did was kick sand in my face. A black surrounding filled my vision.

“Kate! Kate!” someone was calling out. I was shaking or at least I thought I was.
I opened my eyes to see that it was all a dream. My mother was calling me from a certain part of the house. I moved out of bed and down the stairs to ask her what she wanted from me.

“Were you asleep?” she asked curiously.

“Yes,” I answered.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know. Well all I was going to ask you was if you like the house but you sleeping in your room is I guess a good enough answer. ” she said.

“That was all?” I said feeling a bit cranky as my mother just smiled at me.

“No, there are some visitors around. They’re in the kitchen. Why don’t you say hi?” she said and went away. I checked my outfit to see if I needed to change or not. But a Glamour Kills shirt and a pair of jeans seemed fine to me so I started towards the kitchen.

“Well, well, well, it’s been a long time Kate,” Kyle, my cousin, greeted.

“Hey Kyle,” I said yawning as I reached out to hug him. Kyle and I were like twins before. Well not based on looks but when we were together, we were what you might’ve called inseparable but he lived out here and I lived in North Carolina so the only time I visited him was summer where he and I used to hang out a lot. But as time passed by, our family stopped coming here during the summer since they started to become busier than ever. And that’s when Kyle and I grew apart.

“So how are you?” he said letting go and sitting on the counter.

“I’ve been okay. You?” I asked.

“Could be better,” he said.

We started to catch up on all the things that we missed in each other’s life during the times wherein I stopped visiting and only did I know that Kyle Burns, my cousin, is actually a drummer for a band called Forever the Sickest Kids. Also, only now did I know that he flunked out of school to pursue his dreams and that his parents didn’t really mind because he was earning something from what he was doing.

Frankly, I did miss him and all the things we did about a decade or so ago. But I wasn’t completely focused as he talked because my mind was still processing that dream I just had.
♠ ♠ ♠
So for this story, the following are included:

Caleb Turman - he's practically the main character of the story. If you didn't know already, he's a member of the band Forever The Sickest Kids otherwise known as FTSK. He's the kind of guy all the girls fall in love with. His looks can make roadkill out of anyone. As for the attitude, well I guess you just have to read the story to know. But all I can say now is that Looks Can Be Deceiving.

As for our leading lady,

Kate Nixon takes that role. Kate Nixon was just an ordinary girl living her life as the "best friend" since kindergarten. But it's been about 13 years since they last met and well we all now how that goes...