Status: Complete (:

You're Attractive but Bitter

Things Will Never Be The Same

[CALEB’S POV]

We exchanged a few words and I got to know more and more about her. But I don’t think she knew half of me yet. I was pure human and I was in a band. I think that’s all she knows. Okay so maybe, slowly, I’m starting to fall but that can’t happen. The bet Jonathan and I made was that I was supposed to make her fall for me by the end of the week and to prove that, she has to tell me that she loves me or that she likes me. It can’t be a feeling it has to be proven with words. I know this is a really lame one and that I shouldn’t have agreed to it but there’s money involved and it seemed sorta easy so why not?

Once we watched the sun set, we got up and headed to the parking lot. I had my arm slung over her shoulder and she had hers around my waist. She seemed happy but I wasn’t so sure about that. I was supposed to ride her to the venue but Kyle took her away from me before I said anything else.

“C’mon man!” I said after he put Kate in the car.

“Don’t come complaining to me. If you hurt her Caleb, I swear, you’ll never look at me the same again.” He threatened before getting in the driver’s seat. He turned the engine on and backed away from the parking lot and drove away.

“So she’s the bet?” Blake said from behind me. There was no smile on his face now.

“Uh, yea,” I said scratching my head. He didn’t seem pleased. Well he never is when it came down to bets like these but this time, he seemed really pissed.

“Just lose the bet man. How much did you guys bet on her?” he asked rounding the car and walking towards me.

“About $250,” I said casually. His eyes opened up wider with rage filling them.

“Two hundred fifty fucking dollars? Are you fucking out of your friggin’ minds?” He exclaimed loudly but luckily we were the only ones in the parking lot. I looked anywhere but towards him. I didn’t want to fight him.

“Look, it was an easy bet,” I tried to explain but he just shook his head.

“Go fuck yourself Caleb!” he said and stormed off. He left in his car and drove off to the same direction Kyle’s car went.

I heaved a heavy sigh and just stood there for what seemed like quite a long while. I kept thinking about what I had to do. If I lose the bet intentionally then Jonathan’s gonna rub it all over my face after it’s all done because I was the one who told him that I could do it. I know I have too much pride in me and that I’m a stupid asshole who just wants people to think he’s superficial and yes, I am an attention seeker. I hate myself for that. I hate myself for being stupid and for being me. But that’s just the way I am. I just hope I grow out of it sooner or later.

I looked at the time and noticed that if I don’t move now, I’ll hold the show up and I didn’t want that kind of attention so I slid in the car and revved up the engine and drove to the venue alone.

♣♣♣

[BLAKE’S POV]

I got to the venue and didn’t see Caleb anywhere so I looked for Kate. Once I found her, I borrowed her from Kyle and started chatting with her. I didn’t want to be the one to tell her what was going on but if no one told her then only one thing will happen in the end. She’ll end up hurt. She doesn’t deserve that so I told her everything.

She looked stunned after the last sentence but it was for her own good. No sense of tears were welling up in her eyes so I guess she must’ve heard it from someone else already but something tells me that she didn’t really believe me because she just rolled her eyes after my statement.

“Thanks for the warning Blake,” she said not feeling as happy as she was a while ago back in the park. “But can we not talk about him?” she asked with her hands on her hips.

“Uh, yea sure,” I said putting my hands in my pocket.

We talked for what seemed like a while and I kinda never wanted it to end. I’ve always loved conversations like these. Well I have a confession to make. I’ve always liked Kate ever since Courtney introduced me to her and well, she’s never been off of my mind ever since. I’ve had girlfriends before and well I don’t really get any sort of spark when I’m with them but when I talk to Kate, so many things happen and I’m sure it’s more than just a simple spark. All those typical signs come to life and get to work when she comes near or when she starts to talk. It’s weird to say the least. I just hope she feels just a tiny bit the same. Even like 1% would do but I’d appreciate it more if it was like 99% or 100%. I know I think way too ahead of myself but no one’s there to stop me so I guess I can do whatever I want.

“So what brought you here?” She asked me. She was back to her cheery self now which was good.

“Well, I’m here to support the band.” I said.

“Really? How long have you known them?” she asked seeming kinda surprised.

“Well it’s been quite a while actually. I met them at this coffee shop somewhere here and then we just hung out since then.” I said remembering everything as if it happened yesterday.

“Oh I see,” she said looking over my shoulder.

“Who you looking for?” I asked her looking at what she was looking at.

“Umm, nothing…” she trailed off.

“Don’t tell me, it’s Caleb,” I said hoping it really wasn’t.

“Well you asked me not to tell you so-”

“C’mon Kate, you have to believe me.” I practically begged.

“Well he told me that it wasn’t like that so who the hell am I supposed to believe?” she said sounding so confused.

I sighed and said “Well believe whoever you want,” I looked down at the floor and noticed that she was walking away.

I looked up and turned around just to see her walk towards that immature jerk who of course will toss her off to the side as soon as he was done with her. I hated Caleb for that I mean if he just stopped to think about how the person he bets on would feel after they find out then maybe something might happen but since no one bet their money on him then I guess he won’t ever know. But I think it’s dumb. I mean why can’t he just think about the other person’s feelings? Maybe he just doesn’t have a brain to do that. But whatever, once he hurts her, things will never be the same. I promise you that.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?? please??