The College Stalker

COME CLEAN

‘Let’s go back,
Back to the beginning…
Back to when the Earth, the Sun, the Stars all aligned…’

I fought back the impulse to tell my stalker to go stuff it. I tried to calm myself down by deep breathing. That didn’t work well. Abhra simply stared at me expectantly.
“I’m waiting, Aria.”
“I started crying in the second honors paper class.” I told him. “So ma’am sent me off to see the counselor who obviously isn’t here.”
“No, she isn’t.” Abhra agreed, leaning back on his chair. “But I am here. So let me hear the whole story. What started this tear mill?”
I stifled a smile. Wow, he does have sense of humor. Why hadn’t I noticed it before?
“I broke up with my boyfriend and now he’s threatening to ruin my life.” I sniffed, hoping to get some sympathy from him.
“What’s he going to do? Tell you parent’s he knows your bra size?” chided Abhra.
I stared at him in anger and disbelief. Did that boy just have the audacity to tell me about my inners? How dare he? I glared at him.
“Oh lighten up, Aria.” Abhra yawned. “I have heard plenty of these ‘break up with me and see the consequences’ threat. What could you have possibly done to make him so sure he can ruin your life?”
I didn’t answer. Half of me wanted to tell him the truth, the other half wanted to take this secret of mine to the grave. He would never speak to me again if I told him the truth. No one would, I figured.
“Why so quiet?” asked Abhra, leaning forwards to get a better view of my face. I wouldn’t look at him. I stared at my feet.
My right ankle still hurt from the cut I had inflicted on myself. I nudged the bruise with my left feet just to numb the ‘real’ pain for some minutes.
“Did you sleep with him?”
“What?” I gasped, nearly jumping out of my chair.
“You did, didn’t you?”
I was half-afraid he would hit me if I replied in the affirmative. So I mumbled something indistinct, and left him to figure out the answer for himself.
“Why did you sleep with him?”
“Don’t know…it seemed like the right thing to do back then.” I sighed. “I thought I was madly in love with him. He didn’t understand me one bit. Not one bit.”
A fresh surge of tears came out of nowhere. I buried my head in my arms, crying bitterly. Abhra gently lifted my head from my arms and forced me to look at him.
“Aria, don’t be so hard on yourself.” He wiped away my tears. Nothing was suggestive about his gesture. “You were in love. It makes you do crazy stuff.”
“That was a little bit too much, I guess.” I sobbed, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.
Darn! Didn’t I ever carry a handkerchief or what?
Abhra grinned at me. He took my small hands in between his own hands, “It’s alright, Aria. If you don’t forgive yourself…no one will forgive you.”
“My future’s doomed,” I said in a bitter voice. “I am not a virgin anymore.”
He simply laughed at me.
“The guy who really loves you will not care how many relations you have been in or how many guys’ dicks you have seen. So cut yourself some slack, Aria.”
“You use rather fowl language for a Senior.” I said, grudgingly.
“Yeah, anything to make you understand.” He smiled at me.
I nodded, getting up from my perch. This chat certainly did make me feel much better about myself. There was hope yet.
“I should get back to class.” I said.
Abhra looked a little disappointed to see me leaving. He didn’t say anything about it though.
“Just come talk to me whenever you feel this messed up.”
So my stalker became my counselor, I believe. As much I wouldn’t like to admit it, I changed a trifle after that chat with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Come Clean is property of Hilary Duff. Not mine.
This was funny to write.....and this is the fiction part. ENJOY.