The College Stalker

ONCE UPON A BROKEN HEART

‘Once upon a broken heart
I was walking alone in the dark
Looking for a way to start again
What I wouldn't give for a friend
There was no love in my life
There was no light in my eyes
All the tears that I had cried and cried
Seemed like they'd never end’

I had grown pretty much dependent on the friendship that had come from my stalker. He proved to be a real friend in deed. I sometimes wonder if all the silly girls in the world are as lucky as me…it doesn’t seem possible somehow.
He would put up with my silliness; he didn’t mind my random questions. Best of all, he didn’t mind me being me. I guess it is hard to explain what I felt exactly. But if you have ever had someone in your life that was okay with you being yourself, you’d understand my feelings.
“Are you and your stalker best friends now?” Sheila asked me a week after the little friendship began.
“Sort of” I replied, truthfully. “We are good friends, no doubt.”
She nodded. I correctly guessed she understood the ‘unconditional friendship’ I had with my stalker.
“Aria, why him of all the people?” asked Roshni for the umpteenth time.
“Because he saw me when I was invisible,” I quoted.
She shook her head in exasperation.
“I told you your stalker was good at heart.” Preeti choose to be the diplomatic one.
“What do you guys talk about?” asked Roshni, the curious cat that she was.
“Hell lotta things,” I replied “Anything and everything under the Sun.”
“That was so helpful.”
She rolled her eyes.
“Come spend time with us and you will know what I mean.” I offered.
“No, thank you.” Roshni was game for dignity, I believe.
“Who’s class do we have next?” I asked, changing the track of conversation.
“Nothing,” replied Preeti. “Unless you count the extra departmental course classes we have from three o’clock.”
“Which, I am pretty sure, you people would not like to attend.”
Whoa. I had grown a pretty sharp tongue, eh?
“Well, what are you going to do?” asked Sheila, smiling slightly.
She was obviously under the delusion I would be spending more time with my ex-stalker.
I grinned at her.
“Not meeting him today, honey.” I said, grabbing my bag. “Me shall attend my classes like a good little girl.”
The three girls stared at me. They couldn’t believe I got over my break up so easily. Of course, they had no idea the amount of effort I had to put in to keep myself from becoming an emotional wreck.
“That stalker’s done miracles for you, eh?” asked Roshni when she found her tongue.
“I think I was a special child,” I laughed “to be blessed with a stalker.”

‘This is the way a fairytale feels,
This is the way, I know it’s real
This is the way a broken heart heals…

And I never believed fairytales came true
But now I know that they really do
Now that I found you, now that I'm here with you
Just look at the sunshine, and you
Showed me a world
That I'd never seen
I woke up and fell into this dream
Happily ever after just took time
Once upon this broken heart of mine.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Once upon a broken heart is a song by The Beu Sisters.
Keep reading...more to come....