The College Stalker

I'LL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK

‘Love of mine, someday you will die,
And I’ll be close behind…
To follow you, into the dark’

The song kept echoing inside my head as I went towards my classroom, completely aware of the fact a senior was right outside. I had noticed him lurking around my classes since the last week. Since it would be too self-centered of me to assume he was stalking me, I chose to ignore his stare. He could be after my friends too you know.
I had never been so lucky to get people have crushes on me. In school when I did think someone had a crush on me, I was sadly disappointed to see that it was my friend who was getting stalked. Not me.
I had no reason to believe it to be otherwise in college either. I was committed already and it little mattered who fell for me and who didn’t to me. I couldn’t say ‘yes’ to anyone else. I was committed for life.
I say it with regret because I was idiotic enough to say ‘yes, please’ to someone I had barely known for a month. I should have waited to till college, flirted around and then fallen in love. Everything was going topsy-turvy in my life.
I looked at the stalker from the corner of my eyes. He had a good built, and he was really tall compared to me. His dressing sense would have made anyone laugh. But I liked him all the better for it. It meant he was good at heart, according to my school best friend, Nina.
“Good morning, Aria.”
Did he just call out to me? No – that was just my pal, Sheila. She had come up from behind me.
“Good morning, Sheila.”
I greeted back. We exchanged a hug, and slipped into the classroom. I turned my head around briefly to see my stalker walking away from his initial position, smiling to him self.
Was he there just to hear my voice? Wow. I am conceited, aren’t I?

‘No blinding light or tunnels to gates of white
Just our hands clasped so tight
Waiting for the hint of a spark
If heaven and hell decide
That they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs

If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark’

Sooner or later, my friends would have begun to notice that I was being stalked by a senior. My vain attempts to ignore the stalker fell through completely, for I felt just like a heroine from a romance novel, and that thought sent thrills down my spine. I soon found myself actually waiting for the stalker. In fact, he proved to be lucky for me in some mad way. If I saw him in the mornings, my day would go fabulously. If I didn’t, I would remain depressed for the greater part of the day.
“Aria has a new crush,” sang Roshni one morning, making me jump out of my skin.
“What?”
“You think we’re blind?” piped up Preeti.
“Deluded, more likely.” My mouth stated, but my secret heart agreed with them.
I knew it all along that they would notice the attention showered on me.
“So, what’s with you and him?” Sheila pressed.
“He’s a senior, I’m a junior and I am committed.” I sighed “He’s just lucky for me. That’s all. Harmless crush, I believe.”
These three are such girls! They are game for any amount of gossip you give them. It was irritating to watch them gloat over my poor stalker.
Wait on – ‘my poor stalker’? O.o What’s gotten into me?
I actually liked the fact I was being stalked? I shook my head firmly. No more of those silly thoughts. I needed to concentrate on my studies…on this boring lecture for now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Death Cab for Cutie is the rightful owner of I'll Follow You Into The Dark.
The reason I am uploading the whole story is because I wanted my friends to read it. They knew about my little project.
ENJOY. :-D