Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

First Day Fight

Rosie

I opened the car door and was about to get out when I noticed Leo hadn't moved. I sighed as I turned back in the seat. I followed his eyes to a set of guys. One had dirty blond hair, and the other had dark red hair, but both guys had dark eyes. They didn't seem that tough, but then again I was alittle bad a judging character. I pulled in a deep breath of air and almost gagged on the scent of corpses. I guess Kegan wore some sort of fancy cologne that covered up the scent of dead, but these kids reaked of death, or it could have been my sensitive nose. Either way, this place stunk to high heavens.

"Note one, don't breath unless dying," I thought loud. Suddenly Leo was laughing so hard that he was about to cry. "What," I asked innocently and in confusion as he laughed.

"You caught me off guard with your remark, I'm sorry," he managed as he composed himself.

"I guess we had better go before I'm late with my new sister," he said sarcastically.

"Okay I'm confused, a little hungry, annoyed, and offically kind of cold, but we will be okay," I mumbled mostly to myself as I stepped out of the car. The ground was slippery so I was thanking whatever higher power there was that I didn't fall down.

The cold wind blew harshly against my already frozen skin. I tried to hide the shivers that crept down my spine, but they only seemed to become more violent with each blast of frozen needle wind. Leo looked at me as if I was crazy when my teeth began to chatter, but I refused to complain. If he could take the harsh reality of this horrid place, then so could I. He shook his head slightly as his fang filled smirk crossed his stone face.

"Here," he laughed as he threw a black Seether zipper hoodie at me. I caught it, and within seconds I was wrapping the hoodie around my frozen body. It hung down a little past my skirt, and the arms were almost five inches too long. The sight of me sent Leo into a laughing fit that he could barely manage to control. A scream peirced the air, and nearly startled me to death. "And that would be the bell," he laughed again as we made our way towards the school.

I kept my eyes on the boys that he had been watching so intently back in the car. I couldn't help but to wonder why he would stare at them. I came up with two reasons; either my brother was gay and he had a crush on one of them, or he hated them so badly because they had done something to them. Either way, I already hated both of them.

As we started to walk up the grey cobble stone steps I began to notice things about the two guys. The first think I noticed was the sweet scent they let off, and I assumed they were vampires. The boy to the left had pale blond hair that matched his marble skin, and his brown eyes travled the length of my body several times. I didn't like being looked at as if I was food, but I found it odd that Leo was half growling at the two. The boy to the right had fiery alburn colored hair, and his green eyes followed the motions of the first. Both guys were tall, about Leo's height, and both were lean. The alburn haired boy looked more predator like, but the blond just leaned evenly against the brick wall he was standing against.

"Oh, la, la vamps and wolves and other creatures. Look what the human dragged in," the red head said in a smug tone.

"Hey, I hope he's talking to you," I said to Leo as I glared at the guy.

"He was," Leo answered as he stepped slightly in front of me.

"And you're going to take that!" I was shocked that my brother let these people run over him like that. He was not human by no means.

"Stop thinking about her that way," Leo growled at the boy who had spoken.

"Who can help it, she smells delicious," he grinned. I hated those toothy grins.

"Move," I said lowly towards Leo. I was prepared to show this stupid vamp what little girls like me were made of.

"No," Leo hissed.

"You don't want to say no to me, I promise," I half growled. Leo hissed as he moved slightly, but his figure still held a defensive position. I stepped around his frame until I was face to, well, chest with the vampire.

"Now, you want to pick on Leo, be my guest. I know you are not going to say things like that about me," I said again in a low tone. The blond began to laugh.

"You have no idea what your dealing with, human," he said through a fit of laughter. I was trying hard to keep control, but the crimson color of anger was creeping slowly into my vision.

"No, vampire, you have no idea," I growled. I felt Leo move into a normal position to witness what was happening, and that made me smile. He knew what ran through my veins, as well as I did.

"Really," the red head laughed as he grabbed my wrist. Leo growled and I saw his defensive position out of the corner of my eye.

"Really," I hissed as I drew back the fist he hadn't grabbed. He laughed before my fist landed in the middle of his perfectly sculpted nose. I heard a loud crack before he released my wrist with a yelp. I grinned and laughed for the first time that morning. He pulled his hand away as blood poured from his nose.

"Welcome to my world," Leo spat as he pushed the guy out of the way. We walked through the doors of his school without looking back at the crowd that had gathered. I was very proud of myself, and I also kind of liked his school. It was more fun than mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Turns out my little human is all bad ass. Yeah!
I love Rosie, and I love Leo equally which is why
I have to go ahead and explain the next chapter
a little here. So you all (who read the first story)
remember how Kegan had a few chapter where
he didn't speak to any one, and block out all
other conversations. Well that was so you could
get to know his inner character because he was harder
to write than Maddie had been.

Turns out it's the same way for Rosie and Leo. Rosie
is just easier to flow with for me. I don't feel like Leo
has rounded out as a good character yet, so I am going
to make you understand him more by giving him a
few chapters of 'silence' is what I like to call it. He's only
going to think for a while.