Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Evil Glints

Leo

Two strange looking guys were with T.J, and Amanda was hugged up to dad. The only one I had left to remotely find was mom, unless by some strange luck of madness Derrique or Michael had shown up. I didn't see either of them, so I opted for mom but I ended up with Regan.

"Leo," Regan shouted. I'll never know why he shouted, I mean, he was standing right beside me.

"Regan," I mocked.

"Everyone is obsessing over Rosie, but I have something for you," he smiled brightly. I looked at him oddly.

"What is it?"

"You are offically apart of the family business," he laughed as he handed me a card. It had Kegan, Regan, and Leo Vaara, family assians, written all over it.

"Regan," I questioned.

"Only the bad guys, don't sweat it. Now, let me go find your father and see if we can still strum those fabulous guitars we own." I nodded as he went off in search of Kegan.

There were tons of people in our yard, and even more throughout our house. I didn't really feel like dealing with the ones I knew, the good news was that I only know maybe forty of the two hundred and fifty that showed up to the party. Basically dad had invited all his old friends to a party, and his excuse for the get together was his twin's birthday. I was still rolling my eyes at that.

I made my way to the house and sighed loudly. I saw Lydia hiding behind a wall, and Rosie was waiting outside the bathroom. I sighed as I walked towards Rosie. "Have you seen mom," I asked curiously. Her eyes held a sadness that I had never seen before as she leaned against the wall.

"She's in there," she whispered as she walked back towards the party. I sighed as I stood by the door. I heard the sound of soft sobbing. I sighed once again as I knocked on the door.

"Mom, are you alright," I asked carefully.

"Yeah, give me a minute alright," she tried to say in a normal tone.

"Okay." I stood by that door for about five minutes before it finally opened. She walked out rubbing her already reddening cheeks.

"If you keep doing that it's going to make it worse," I whispered. She grinned.

"You are so, not what I expected," she laughed as she threw an arm around me. We walked back towards the kitchen with her arm around my shoulders in silence. Well, until dad saw us enter the kitchen.

"Madeline, what did I tell you about my children," he hissed harshly.

"Kegan Vaara, until you grow femine parts and can birth children then you can call them yours and yours alone," she hissed. In a motion that was so quick, and full of rage that I didn't even see it, dad grabbed her throat and pinned her to the wall. His fangs were elongated, and he looked angrier than I had ever seen him.

"Madeline Garver, until you've raised a half vampire on your own you won't be able to complain," he hissed.

"Keg," Amanda whined.

"Just as whiny as ever," mom coughed out. I shook my head as I grabbed dad's wrist. He looked at me in shock until his wrist started cracking in my hand, and then he gave me a look of pained anger.

"Leo, let go," he instructed.

"You first," I stated bluntly.

"Leo," Mom coughed. He was cutting off her curculation quickly. "Let go," she asked. I sighed as I glared at dad and did as she instructed. "I learned a few things about self defense, Keg," she grinned. Her small leg came up in just the right stop, if you know what I mean, and dad went to his knees.

"Ouch," he hissed from the floor.

"Oh my god, are you alright," Amanda half screamed. Mom feel to the floor as she rubbed her neck. She looked odd because she was smiling.

"Oh, just like old times," she laughed. "Now where is Kivi to tell me that we shouldn't be rough housing and I've ruined your life!" She started laughing even harder.

"He died for his job. Just like my mom," Kegan hissed.

"I'm sorry," mom stated through her laugher. "It's not funny that they died, I swear. I can see his face now though."

"I hear a familiar voice," the purple haired guy from T.J's inner circle appeared in the door way.

"Oh my, the god of hotness has graced this lovely party," Maddie said with a hand on her neck.

"Awe, I already missed kill the human," he said in a psuedo angry tone.

"Afraid so, but can we play get the human off the floor," she asked quietly. I reached a hand out, and dad growled.

"Oh bite me," I hissed as I lifted her off the floor.

"That's what I wanted my son to be like. Don't take your father's crap," she laughed as she made her way towards the door. "I'm not as hated out here, at least, I hope I'm not!" She grinned brightly and walked outside again. I shook my head as I followed her out of the door.

She walked around for a few moments just breathing. Everyone seemed to look at her in a different way. Some people glared, others looked at her with admiration. I didn't get it, but she startled me when she turned around.

"Oh, Leo. My baby boy, I have a gift for you," she said quietly as she glanced around.

"What," I asked. She simply nodded as she handed me a small dark red velvet box.

"Your father's grandfather gave that to me before I left his world. Lord Vincent was and still his a wonder man, Leo. And he promised me that I would know exactly what to do with this. I promised him I would give it to a true God given angel if I ever met one. So open it," she explained.

"I can't mom. It just doesn't seem right," I answered in a guilty tone as I glanced back towards the house. Dad wasn't glaring like I had expected. He was curious about the box.

"Open it, Leo," she pleaded. I sighed as I gently put my thumb on the bottom of the box and opened it. To my surprise there was a ring. A ring with a saphire in the center and small rubbies surrounding it all in a silver setting.

"What is this," I whispered as I looked at it with awe. I hadn't noticed dad had stepped beside me.

"It's Vincent's symble of peace son. He had it made especially for the treety between the werewolves and vampires. The red signifies anger and fuding, but the blue means peach and serinity. As long as the ring stays with someone with a pure heart, there will be peace between the nations," he explained as he stared wide eyed at Maddie. "Why," he whispered more to her.

"He knew about Autumn, but he wouldn't tell me. He said 'there is a great discomfort coming your way, but you will do the noble thing, and you will keep this safe' and then he handed me the box. I want our boy to have it," she smiled at me. "And I have something even more special to me than that to give to our daughter." She looked directly into dad's eyes as I slipped the ring onto my right ring finger. At first I didn't believe it would fit but it somehow grew to fit my finger.

"Well you don't have to look hard," he whispered as he looked over mom's shoulder. Rosie stood behind her watching intently.

"Autumn," mom took a step towards her, but she didn't move. "I don't know if you've heard the name, but my real mother was Vincent's first love's child. Johanna was a great help to me, even though she didn't realize anything about you at first. She gave me this." Mom pulled out a necklace that was similar to my ring, only it held purple stones and diamonds.

"She said 'this will keep you safe from harm, and you should pass it down to the one that you aren't sure about'. Who could I be less sure about than you?" Rosie lifted her hair and turned for mom to help her put it on. Dad didn't dare growl this time, and I couldn't help but to wonder why.

"Now, you take care of this Autumn. This is the last thing that links me to my real past," she instructed as she sent a glance towards dad. "This signifies everything I'm going to have to leave behind when I go back to California," she whispered carefully.

"Why," Rosie questioned. "Why go back there when it hurts you," she asked. And they lost me.

"Because I have to, darlin'. I just have to," mom answered sadly before she turned to Lydia.

"I know," Lydia said as she hugged mom gently. "I'm only a phone call away. You just remember that."

"Madeline," dad said in more of a sad tone than the harsh one he had used before. "I believe we have business to discuss." She smiled weakly at him.

"If it's only business, honey, we've already been there," she laughed.

"Well, there's a slight catch in our proposal. The present wasn't supposed to run away," he said in a dark kind of way. She smiled.

"Sure," she started, when a motor cycle roared down the road. She sighed loudly as the silver bike pulled into the drive way.

"Did somebody give me a call," a man asked as he stood from his bike. He had dark hair, and a pair of black sun glasses. He smelled of an off brand cologne, and something else, maybe a bit of liquor. He was tall about 6'2, and he was slightly tanned.

"Baby, I thought you were going to be later than twenty minutes," Maddie said in a half angry tone.

"I was in the neighbor hood," the guy answered simply as he removed his sun glasses to show a pair of dark brown eyes, and he smiled again.

"Maddie," dad asked.

"Wow, now you call me that," she half hissed at him. "Every one who knows me, this is my fiancee. Johnny Walker." She walked towards the guy and hugged him, but I could tell something was wrong.

"I don't like him," Rosie whispered to me.

"Me either," I retored with a huff.

"Let's break them up, and see if we can't get her and Kegan back together," she suggested in a criminal master mind sort of tone.

"One condition."

"Name it."

"You have to call them mom and dad at least once." Her face scrunched up in disgust for a moment.

"To their faces," she asked as if in a pleading tone.

"I'm not that torturous," I laughed.

"Fine let's hook up mom and dad," she spat with an evil glint in her eyes.

"Stop plotting, Rosie," T.J growled as he glanced at us. We just grinned at him. "That can't be good," he told Zane as they stared at us.

"Oh, I wanna help," Zane whisper yelled.
♠ ♠ ♠
leave comments and stop by the website
http://maddie-kegan-series.webs.com