Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

The Moment I've Been Dreaming Of

Narrator

Maddie started walking towards the house, but she couldn't help but to notice the cryptic stare that Zona was giving her. Kegan untangled himself from Amanda just as Maddie passed Arizona. Maddie flinched slightly as Arizona's hand flew out and grabbed her upper arm tightly. "I'll see you later," he whispered as she jerked her arm away.

"Not if I can help it," she hissed.

Johnny started to follow her, but she threw a hand up signaling him to stay where he was. She didn't have the nerve to deal with him at the moment, and she felt as if her entire life had crashed all in one party. Although the party had lasted longer than any normal party should, she was still happy she came.

Kegan followed Maddie so silently that she didn't even realize that he was followed her exact foot steps to the door that she used to stay in. Her room that she had longed to be in once again for almost sixteen years. She put her hand on the door nob, and started to turn it slowly.

"Leo might not like you going into his room without permission," Kegan spoke softly. Maddie jumped with shock at hearing a voice behind her.

"You gave him my room," she asked as she turned to look him in his eyes. His grey eyes met her ocean blues and something between the two clicked.

"We need to talk," Kegan stated, and Maddie nodded carefully. Kegan heard soft foot steps come up the stairs, but he chose to ignore them. He took Maddie's hand and led her into the room that they had shared so many nights before she left.

At first it was all to silent as they entered the room. Maddie waltzed in without a second thought. She didn't have to admire the room because he hadn't changed it. The couch to the right, the bed on the far left, and the beautiful red Gibson guitar beside the gold-star speaker sitting between the two object. The walls were still painted a blood red color with black trimmings. Everything seemed to be either red or black in Kegan's world for some odd reason, and that was a thing that Maddie never really understood.

"What do we need to talk about," she questioned softly as she took a seat on the couch. She curled her feet under her in an Indian style just like she used to. Kegan rolled his eyes as he took the seat next to her.

"You know what needs to be said," he stated as he gave her his infamous smirk. She groaned.

"Like what, why I left, or why I came back? I'm pretty sure that's all you want from me now, right," Maddie asked in a grudging tone.

"Well that would be a nice start," Kegan said harshly.

Leo heard voices from the other side of his father's door. He had come into the house to change from his shirt which Michael had dumped the entire punch bowl on. Rosie was coming up the stairs with him because she was afraid to be alone down stairs. Rosie looked at Leo in an odd way as she concentrated for a moment. She heard Maddie's heart, and Kegan's voice. Leo shook his head as he made his way into his room, but Rosie stayed on the outside listening.

"I left, Kegan, because I saw that you were right. I hate to admit it but you were right," Maddie hissed as she crossed her arms, and untangled her legs. She placed her feet firmly on the floor as she scooted to the edge of her seat.

"What was I right about, huh? How do you know that it wouldn't have worked out? We were supposed to be married within those next two weeks and you left," Kegan spoke in that angry calm way of his. Maddie shook her head.

"No, it wouldn't have worked. Tell me how many times you took Leo around humans when he was growing up. Rosie and I didn't have a chance in this house with you and him. That's why I took her some place where I knew she would be taken care of. If I would have known that T.J was going to teach her about her vampire traits anyway I would have found someone else," Maddie hissed out. Tears were swelling in her eyes, but she refused to cry. Rosie's sensitive ears listened closely, her hand covered her mouth as her own tears came into her eyes.

"Don't blame this on Leo," Kegan growled.

"Fine, how about this? I was scared. Leo bit me, and I freaked. I didn't want him to hurt Rosie, but I couldn't take Rosie and leave him here with you. I couldn't choose one over the other, so I left them both," Maddie half screamed. Even though she thought no one had heard, Leo and Rosie stood outside the door. Rosie still covered her mouth, but tears streamed out of her grey eyes. Leo stood there shell shocked. Rosie wrapped an arm around him and buried her teary eyes in his now clean shirt.

"That's a little better, but it doesn't help," Kegan stated coldly. "I was scared to, you know. I believed with everything in me that if you thought we could make our family work then our family would be perfect. You didn't so much as say goodbye," Kegan argued. He got up from his spot on the couch and began to pace.

"Yeah, well we were young. We needed to be scared," Maddie whispered. Leo had stopped breathing long ago, and finally took in a quiet deep breath. Rosie shook with the silent sobs from her tears.

"Why did you come back here," Kegan asked through gritted teeth.

"I left, and I thought I was just leaving you behind. I thought I wouldn't even think twice about those two little beautiful twins, but that's all I could see in my mind. I tried to drowned my memories of them with Johnny, and it worked for a while, but when I was going through my suite case I pulled out a picture. I didn't think I grabbed it, but I guess I had because it was lying at the bottom of the bag, and I picked it up. You were hugging me tightly, and I was grinning as if I had one the lottery. That was the first time I had thought about you since I left. I mean really thought about you. I broke down in tears, and then I remember that it was almost my kid' birthday. I told Johnny I wanted to see them, but the truth is- I wanted, I mean, I want my family back," Maddie explained through her own tears. Kegan felt his own eyes swell with tears, but he knew that his tears wouldn't come out to be the salty water that flowed from Maddie's eyes.

"You should have done that differently," Kegan whispered as he turned away from her.

"I was scare." Maddie got up from her spot on the couch and put her hand on his shoulder.

Kegan turned to look at her, and a streak of red flowed from his eyes. He wrapped his arms around her tightly. "So was I," he whispered. He held her as if he didn't want to let her go. She moved so she was looking at her face, and without thinking he leaned in and kissed her gently. She could never forget the shock waves that he sent down her body, and he felt the electricity that was shocking his cold heart back to life. Neither of them wanted this to happen, nor could they control it.

Kegan pulled away when he heard the door nob squeaking before the door opened gently. Both Leo and Rosie walked into the room and joined in their parents hug. But what happened next couldn't have been predicted by anyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright so I offically owe you guys three chapters... but
this one is kinda long so you can cut me a break right :)
nah, I'll give you three eventually, give me some time.
I hope you enjoy it, oh and you can offically send the cast
messages so check out the website please.
http://maddie-kegan-series.webs.com