Status: THE WHOLE SERIES IS GOING UNDER A MASS RE-WRITE!!! KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THE [B]MEMORY SERIES[/B]

Happily Never After Could Happen to Us

Johanna's Visitors

Rosie

Kegan didn't push this door open as he had before. Instead he knocked lightly and waited for something unknown to Leo and I. We stood their for maybe five minutes but it seemed like hours to my curious eyes. I was surprised to see Maddie standing in the door way.

"Vincent, is that you," she asked softly, and that's what really confused me. Vincent was supposed to be dead, right?

"No, Joe. It's Kegan, his grandson remember. I've got a suprise for you," Kegan said sweetly. I gawked at him as if he had grown three heads.

"Well, what is it," she said in a tone that seemed as if she was disappointed.

"Your great grandchildren," Kegan laughed. The woman's face lit up as she glanced at Leo and I.

"Oh, these two are Madeline's children," she beemed at us.

"Why is mom acting like she's our grandma," Leo blurted out. He really wasn't thinking before he spoke today.

"This isn't Maddie, Leo. This is Johanna. She well, her life was complicated back in the day, and now she's here."

"Why does she live in the office building," I thought curiously, and then my words popped out of my mouth.

"Because the cabin she lived in was really old, and not built to well. Plus, her other daughter Maria, and Maddie's sister Trish won't bother her here," Kegan explaiend. We nodded as Joe led us into her 'house'.

It was basically three conecting rooms; a living room, kitchen, and bed room, along with a bathroom. It looked like a house on the inside, but it was in an office building. I just couldn't get over that.

"How is my dear Maddie," Joe asked as she led us into her kitchen. She offered us drinks, but we declined politely.

"She's doing well. She is back in town actually," Kegan reported.

"You'll have to bring her by for a visit soon," Johanna instructed.

"So what are you," I asked curiously as I stared at her. She appeared to be young, but she had to be at least a thousand years old since Vincent died in the late 1800's.

"I am, dear child, what they call a cursed vampire. I was cursed long ago by the gypsies because of a wicked couple who killed my dear Lord and the Alpha wolf. I cannot age, and unfortunately, no one has the skill to kill me," she explained in a depressed tone.

"I'm sorry to hear that, about the curse. Not the part about the skill to kill you," I said nervously. She laughed.

"Don't be nervous, Autumn. I'm sure you'll grow to be strong, so you have no need to be nervous."

I was shocked by her words. I would grow to be strong. Wasn't I already strong? I tuned out the silence of the others for the moment as my thoughts over powered my mind. The words that Leo spoke only interrupted my thoughts due to the cause of my curiousity.

"If Rosie is to be strong, then what is there for me," he asked absently as he played with his all to pale fingers.

"You, Leonardo, are strong, but you do not know how to use your strenght, and you are far to compassionate for your own good," she said softly to him. Her words seemed to wake Leo up, and I couldn't help but to wonder how she knew us so well.
♠ ♠ ♠
alright, so this is kinda long, and it's
my update for today, and I believe that
I do owe you four updates like Katie_bugs
mentioned... and as for the scavenger hunt,
I forgot to gather your questions, so if I do
get it up it will probably be late tonight or
early saturday morning... (It's 12 pm so I may
update, or make your questions. Which ever
comes first :))